OKAY! i have a blackberry pearl 8110.
    Ive just started having problems with it.. here is my problem.
    when i try to send my self or any! else a txt message it looks like its going through and at the top of my screen it has a envelope with a 1 next to it which if your a blackberry user u know means you hve a unread message so i go to my messages and heres nothing. i check my OUTBOX and there is nothing?
    my phone has been deleting allll my out going & incoming messages and recent calls. so im not even receving my txts.!!!
    my phone service should still be working because my mom dad and brothers are all on the same plan and there phones are working fine!
    can some one please help me?

im lost ive had my BB for about a year now and i love him!
    07-05-09 07:02 PM
    Check your free memory: Options / Status / File Free:

What you are describing is typical of the problems caused by low available memory. Any time "File Free" drops below about 12 000 000 bytes, the phone may start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. The following procedure, originally written by Forums Moderator Reed McLay will guide you:

How to Increase BlackBerry's File Free Memory

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory above 12 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has. Finally, you can't at this time run programs from a Media Card. Programs have to be installed in and executed in device memory.
    07-05-09 07:22 PM
    options > security options > general settings > BB button > Master Radio Reset (security code should be 00000). wait for it to reset, then go to manage connections, and turn carrier connection back on.

don't worry, it won't wipe out your contacts or any email/texts
    07-05-09 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD