Hey Crackberry Nation.
    This is my point of view on the last results from RIM.
    They sent out crappy results that is for sure. as an financial educated person i think there are more than the eyes can see.
    US GAAP are very flexible. They allow accountant to tweek some stuff in order to give results they want (no wonder why they are introducing IFRS.....)
    I think that they just took a "big bath" as in "we know results are going to be crappy, lets amortized stuff a little more than we should so we get FREAKING hot results next quarter." I think that they know their results when BB OS7 are going to kick in so they might want to remove some expenses out from Q3.

that would not be the first time we saw this.
    09-16-11 08:26 PM
    In that case, RIM apparently also have idiots for accountants. Cause thats the only kind of accountant who'd think that missing estimates that ALREADY were revised downwards, in order to have a slightly better quarter in the future is an awesome idea.
    09-16-11 09:01 PM
    Within a couple years your two cents might actually make a difference.
    09-16-11 09:03 PM
    This economy is playing turmoil on the market and large corporations. Until we stabilize the economy no one will be a winner or a loser and the ones that were top dog will see themselves drop a notch. If you read the financial analysts blogs
    Apple is not heading in a good direction and their product has hit a stale time with sales not going where projected. As for RIM they are going in several directions trying to gain more market share.
    I myself never thought I would buy another blackberry but the new bold turned me around! Its not as good as my android but what it does have fits my need better. This is why competition is good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-16-11 09:17 PM
    In that case, RIM apparently also have idiots for accountants. Cause thats the only kind of accountant who'd think that missing estimates that ALREADY were revised downwards, in order to have a slightly better quarter in the future is an awesome idea.
    That depends

RIM didn't do their Stock buy back last quarter, that the Board approved, so they can do that this quarter with lower results,
    Though I don't REALLY think they did that, they could do that.
    09-16-11 09:37 PM
    im not saying they have stupids accountants. just that they were already going for a crappy quarter. and crappy result + ok one after is, to an extend. worse than
    very crappy result + good results after.

i think rim just used their crappy result to push stuff that would help them afterward. oh yeah btw im a fan of the conspiracy theory and i am alittle paranoiac
    09-17-11 10:20 AM
    I really find this a little far fetched.
    They did not do a major stock re-purchase this quarter and then they purposely miss their own lowered 2nd quater guidance knowing fully well that that would tank the stock and make RIM vulnerable to a hostile takeover if some big investor feel like it.
    While the Canadian govt. may block a hostile takeover, one can never trust the govt types.
    This would be akin to playing russian roulette with a gun that has 5 bullets.
    I think RIM reported their real earnings, and hopefully their third quarter would be better oweing to OS7 devices.
    These kind of financial schenanigans are fine when a company is strong, but when its weak with major shareholder clamouring for a change in top management then this would be a rather foolhardy thing to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 06:15 PM
    I really find this a little far fetched.
    They did not do a major stock re-purchase this quarter and then they purposely miss their own lowered 2nd quater guidance knowing fully well that that would tank the stock and make RIM vulnerable to a hostile takeover if some big investor feel like it.
    While the Canadian govt. may block a hostile takeover, one can never trust the govt types.
    This would be akin to playing russian roulette with a gun that has 5 bullets.
    I think RIM reported their real earnings, and hopefully their third quarter would be better oweing to OS7 devices.
    These kind of financial schenanigans are fine when a company is strong, but when its weak with major shareholder clamouring for a change in top management then this would be a rather foolhardy thing to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

There Really is ZERO RISK of a Hostile take over if you look at the Volume of RIMM & RIM shares moving less than 25% of the RIM shares exchanged hands over the last month, of volatility, so for someone to come in and try and snag shares with a hostile take over that would be a very aggressive and challenging thing to do. especially with the RIM executives who if checking all their holdings I would not be surprised to find them with 12-15% themselves.

Setting aside the Canadian Government who very much would be looking at what would happen to the Biggest employer in Waterloo Ontario if such a purchase was to happen.
    09-17-11 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD