So as we draw nearer to the middle of 2016, I find myself reflecting on my move from android to BlackBerry roughly two years ago.

My first android handset was the T-Mobile Pulse, made by ZTE and carrier branded, which I think was running Android 1.5 Cupcake.

It was garbage, and the chance of downloading an app which could brick your phone at best or dial some premium rate international number autonomously at worst, was highly probable.

But in amongst that wasteland of code, I could see the makings of a powerful platform surging to challenge the now dominant iOS operating system and the relatively cheap entry price to the platform made it an enticing proposition to pursue.

I eventually upgraded to the HTC desire and truly began to enjoy using android.
    The desires hardware was beautiful, premium metals and glass and HTC sense was in my opinion the best 3rd party skin available at the time.

Hell! it was the best skin period as the then stock android was as rough as a bisons booty.

I loved that phone. Unfortunately HTC decided to put a minuscule amount of internal storage (rom) resulting in the phone being unable to receive a crucial software update to I can't remember what.

I can't tell you how pissed I was and to throw salt on the wound, T-Mobile decided to reduce my data allowance by 75% overnight.

That saga was the beginning of the downward plummet for HTC and my eventual migration to Hutchinson 3.

So how did I become a fan of BlackBerry?

Well that was due to the once mighty (and now come back kid) Nokia.

The BlackBerry was simply out of my financial reach and I have always had a fetish for buttons.

So Nokia, in the form of the E71, was the poor man's solution to craving the the extraterrestrial tank, more commonly known as the Bold 9000.

To this day the Nokia E71 is my second favourite handset of all time. I think you all know which handset takes my top spot

Anyway, enough reminiscing, let me get to the heart of this post.

Dear BlackBerry,

Thank you for the years of superb hardware and software innovations throughout the history of the company and former aliases.
    I respectively request the following from the secret labs you maintain around the world for 2017.

BlackBerry Passport 2

RUNNING BB10
    6 GB RAM
    SNAPDRAGON
    (top end whatever)

CURVED AMOLED SCREEN
    (same resolution as Passport)

32GB INTERNAL STORAGE
    12MP CAMERA
    (front and back with OiS on both)

FINGERPRINT SCANNER
    4000 MAH REMOVABLE BATTERY
    MICRO SD CARD EXPANSION
    FULL METAL BUILD
    STEREO SPEAKERS
    TRACKPAD PHYSICAL KEYPAD

Thank you for your attention and may success follow your company's efforts in the years ahead.

Keypad

Posted via CB10
    Stelios Gnd likes this.
    05-22-16 03:07 PM
    Sound like a nice request, but Chen already said he is not going to release another OS10 device and Android is the direction they are moving into.

I loved OS10 like a lot of folks on this forum did, but with no app support and sales number in a dismal state, it's on a support mode which was to be expected.

They are going to focus on a low cost Android device for their remaining enterprise customers, so that's what I am expecting to see for the next device launch, but now it's a wait and see game.
    enrod87, raves68, rameel and 1 others like this.
    05-22-16 04:53 PM
    Sound like a nice request, but Chen already said he is not going to release another OS10 device and Android is the direction they are moving into.

I loved OS10 like a lot of folks on this forum did, but with no app support and sales number in a dismal state, it's on a support mode which was to be expected.

They are going to focus on a low cost Android device for their remaining enterprise customers, so that's what I am expecting to see for the next device launch, but now it's a wait and see game.
    Do you by any chance have a link to Chen being quoted as saying that he's not going to release another BB10 device?

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    05-23-16 06:51 PM
    Do you by any chance have a link to Chen being quoted as saying that he's not going to release another BB10 device?

I would also like to read that quote. Many people speak of this on the forums but I have never read or heard the actual quote from Chen.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 11:07 PM
    No, my Nokia C3 was the poor man's 9900

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-23-16 11:37 PM

There are dozens of sources of him saying that. He clearly states 2 new android handsets and no new bb10 handsets this year it in this video interview:

 C L A S S I C
    05-24-16 12:04 AM
    There are dozens of sources of him saying that. He clearly states 2 new android handsets and no new bb10 handsets this year it in this video interview:

 C L A S S I C
    Key words: "this year"

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    silversmith75 and Asvertus like this.
    05-24-16 12:46 AM
    My wishlist would be a new high end flagship device "priv 2" better specs better BlackBerry experience on android environment.
    As simple as that.

Yes I know the upcoming devices will be mid-range but I m talking about later on 2017

Posted via CB10
    tanzarian likes this.
    05-24-16 02:33 AM
    If Blackberry ever puts a fingerprint scanner in a phone this site will collapse into a Black Hole. The sheer amount of people who have massacred other manufacturers who have one because of "security" who would then embrace it on a Blackberry would cause the space time continuum to collapse. B1laze would would drift out in space for eternity.
    05-24-16 04:29 AM
    Chen said the driver cost with BB10 devices is high, so I would not expect any new BB10 devices that would require new drivers needing to be develop. Android is the future as far as new devices, given the low margin of only needing to sale 3 million to turn a profit, compared needing to sale 10 million with BB10 devices.

No high end BB10 devices, so it time to come into acceptance.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 05:37 AM
    6gb of ram on BB10 isn't gonna do you much good......theres no more development that would require such an amount. The passport we have now is more than sufficient.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 07:52 AM
    6gb of ram on BB10 isn't gonna do you much good......theres no more development that would require such an amount. The passport we have now is more than sufficient.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, it would double the number of active frames on the homepage. But then a 4K battery might not do the job...

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    05-24-16 09:06 AM
    And there would be no runtime either which further limits it's use for some users.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 09:17 AM
    And there would be no runtime either which further limits it's use for some users.

Posted via CB10
    Although, to be fair, anyone sticking to BB10 at that time won't really be someone who Android apps matter to.
    The fact that Android is releasing 6.0 beta now to a couple devices and BB10 has 4.3 runtime should mean that if Android apps are essential to someone, most have gone away from BB10 by now.

05-24-16 10:13 AM

It's been well documented that because of the dismal OS10 sales and the remaining enterprise clients wanting a cheaper Android device that they would be putting what resources they still have into Android and not OS10. As a business person myself, I would have done the same thing.
    05-24-16 10:27 AM
    I would also like to read that quote. Many people speak of this on the forums but I have never read or heard the actual quote from Chen.

Posted via CB10
    I believe he said there will be no new bb10 handset in 2016. Beyond that to my knowledge he has not said anything definitely yet. So there is still hope. They cannot dump bb10 because of the security concerns of Android and until/if ever they secure android (good luck). They will have to keep bb10.

#luvmybb10os
    05-24-16 10:49 AM
    Okay, I'll play this wishing game, maybe there'll be a falling star tonight. It worked for Geppetto and Pinocchio . So here's my wish:
    http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Md...04eH0&pid=15.1

This is a link displaying the Q30 Concept that never made it to production. A more traditional representation of the classic BlackBerry form factor, but with a larger screen than the BlackBerry Q20 Classic, More power and screen, offered in a premium stainless design.
    Running BB10....

Wishes are wishes, i.e., they don't have to be realistic.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 10:55 AM
    If Blackberry ever puts a fingerprint scanner in a phone this site will collapse into a Black Hole. The sheer amount of people who have massacred other manufacturers who have one because of "security" who would then embrace it on a Blackberry would cause the space time continuum to collapse. B1laze would would drift out in space for eternity.
    Per the leaked info.... the ROME is suppose to have a fingerprint reader. Or at least the unit he had seen had one.
    05-24-16 11:23 AM
    Actually, it would double the number of active frames on the homepage. But then a 4K battery might not do the job...

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    Personally, I never keep that many frames open, but to each their own.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 12:53 PM
    If I needed a PKB, I would rather have a communication device like a Q10 with a track pad etc running Android and not the wide Passport.
    05-24-16 01:07 PM
    Honestly, I would be happy with just a Passport with upgraded internals, cam and water resistance. Also BB10.4 with UI upgrades and new features.
    05-24-16 01:54 PM
    I think moving to android is now clear given than most of us have been tempted to download an android app because they could not find a match in the BBW.To be honest the android playstore has real current and trendy apps you can't be unique when you lack,so let's get plenty to enjoy from

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 02:11 PM
    Per the leaked info.... the ROME is suppose to have a fingerprint reader. Or at least the unit he had seen had one.
    Then the black hole has started forming, upon release date this site will be sucked into oblivion.
    05-24-16 04:16 PM