What feature set would you like to see in the new QNX superphones?

I'm laying down the law for the next generation superphones Hee haw!!! I expect to see some device leaks by November! Based on RIM's May launch timeframe fro BB 8, I may have missed the first gen QNX superphone requirements, but I hope the engineers at RIM got a whiff of those specs telepathically from me for the next gen superphones Theme: GO ALL OUT!!!

1. A 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor with quad-core GPU. Imagine QNX on this platform!!!

2. (a) Large 4-inch OLED display for the all-touch device (1200x800); (b) QNX Bold should be similar dimensions to the 9900 with a hi-res OLED display; (c) a larger 3.5-inch display on the Torch 3. Yes, we need three (3) QNX superphones!

3. A minimum of 6 hour talk time HSPA+/LTE, standby of 12 days. Personally, I don't care much about being "thin" if it means battery life will suffer immeasurably. I'll be on that bloody thing all day, so it better have enough juice to stay on for at least 36 hours of medium use!!!

4. Personal WiFi hotspot, a/b/g/n. With 3G/3G+/LTE support, this is a MUST!

5. 8 MP rear cam with dual LED flash with image stabilization plus 1080p video recording; 3 MP front facing cam. Can Skype be built-in too

6. Built-in 2G, 3G, 3G+, 4G (GSM, HSPA, HSPA+, LTE) support -- a world phone! I should be able to climb Kilimanjaro with my QNX Beast!

7. Painless & automated sync with RIM's cloud services (with high grade encryption too!).

8. Even tighter integration between the PlayBook and smartphone with flash card sharing too!

9. There needs to be three types of memory: (a) RAM, (b) device memory, and (c) flash memory. Nothing is installed in RAM. RAM is available purely to run the OS and apps. Apps can only be installed in device memory not RAM; you cannot run apps from flash memory. Flash memory is purely for data. This model provides the most protection for the system while giving the user a clear & simple way to manage memory. Support for microSDHC and microSDXC, of course!!

10. SurePress I had to throw that in to see if anyone was paying attention I know this is a sticky issue with some so I won't push for it. But, darn, I'd like to see it come back!

Any other ideas?
    08-07-11 06:43 PM
    Angry birds...? lol
    08-07-11 07:26 PM
    All those absurd specs like a 2.5GHz quad-core processor and then you say 8MP camera?! If this phone is going to be as ridiculous as you'd like, a 12MP camera would be a minimum.
    08-07-11 07:32 PM
    Lol, there's no reason for any phone to have a 2.5ghz processor, my laptop doesn't even have that.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    chiefbroski likes this.
    08-07-11 07:36 PM
    Android App player and native QNX apps by the thousands......
    twigg likes this.
    08-07-11 07:42 PM
    The new Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 will be a quad-core 2.5 GHz CPU with a quad-core GPU. It's coming Q2/2012. Folks haven't been taking tablets seriously, so if we beef up the superphone to a 4-inch device, it will have the screen space to compete with almost any tablet. Of course, the PlayBook may be the one to inherit the new Snapdragon S4 processor PlayBook 2 with LTE support!
    08-07-11 08:01 PM
    Right, you are! How could I be so lame! I'd ask for an optical 2x zoom but that would make the device too thick. After all, I want a heavy duty 1600 mAh battery!
    08-07-11 08:03 PM
    1) 1080p video recording
    2) Dual led-flash with 8mp camera and auto focus
    3) 1.5Ghz dual core (lets be reasonable here, lol)
    4) 4" screen for the all-touch, 3.5 for the slider and 3" for the bold
    5) Front-facing camera
    6) LTE support
    7) NFC on all devices
    8) Bluetooth 3.0 HS (uses wifi to transmit data)

RIM also needs features nobody has, like real innovation such as

-Liquid lens technology that was suppose to be in the new 9900, it'll help keep the phone thin and have quick focusing)
    -RIM's patented capacitive-resistive hybrid touch screen??? (good for stylus use)
    -NFC "bumping" to add bbm contacts and information
    -Other new ideas?
    08-07-11 08:56 PM
    I get 10 wishes eh.

Well not that I would buy this phone because I don't want a all touch screen, but I am going to lead with the touchscreen phone

The QNX Superphone to LAUNCH in Q1 of C2012,

1: The hardware should have the dimensions of 125x 69 x 10 mm this device will have a 3.9" touch screen and a swipeable bezel around the perimeter. it would carry the usual BlackBerry buttons/trackpad and would have the volume jack placed at the top, a very playbook mini like appearance.

2: I'd like to see the device built on the Qualcomm S3 MSM8960 28 nm, @ 1.5Ghz Dual Core Krait with the Adreno 225 GPU, the 28nm size should greatly reduce power consumption, ( this chip should launch in the near future so engineering samples are probably already available.

3: I'd like RIM to launch a FULL cloud service with QNX devices, Web based @bbm.com email, Online storage with payment options, profile page integrated with BBM for status updates, and profile pic updates, maybe comments on status updates, online photo album, App world.

4: I'd Like RIM to revolutionize the Calendar, email, ToDo functions within the smartphone, all 3 functions share similar traits yet are not integrated well, RIM should launch the New OS with NEW and exciting features integrating these 3 functions into a robust integrated Framework

5: I'd Like to see RIM Launch a Developer community site around QNX devices with SDK's and Online Simulators for each device, before it launches, I'd like to see a Developer chat once a quarter addressing developer questions and issues, like earnings calls, so that RIM keeps the developers fired up, AND the developers keep RIM making things easier and better

6: NFC, enabled with peripherals that take advantage of NFC

7: Hot swappable Batteries!! I say this always! and mean it! I'd like to see consistent Battery life with the 9780 device,

8: I'd like 2 Bluetooth channels, so I can have a keyboard, and my Playbook connected, without any interference or slow down

you know what I can't think of 10 things, I'd be pretty thrilled with RIM if they launched this in Q1 C2012
    chiefbroski likes this.
    08-07-11 08:59 PM
    Good list there.
    How about app storage on the sd card as no. 9?

08-07-11 09:04 PM
    Good list there.
    How about app storage on the sd card as no. 9?

something I never think of since even on my 8330 I never ran out of app room
    08-07-11 09:17 PM
    No more truncated e-mails.

Full support for HTML e-mail.

Netflix app.
    08-07-11 09:33 PM
    I get 10 wishes eh.

Well not that I would buy this phone because I don't want a all touch screen, but I am going to lead with the touchscreen phone

The QNX Superphone to LAUNCH in Q1 of C2012,

1: The hardware should have the dimensions of 125x 69 x 10 mm this device will have a 3.9" touch screen and a swipeable bezel around the perimeter. it would carry the usual BlackBerry buttons/trackpad and would have the volume jack placed at the top, a very playbook mini like appearance.

2: I'd like to see the device built on the Qualcomm S3 MSM8960 28 nm, @ 1.5Ghz Dual Core Krait with the Adreno 225 GPU, the 28nm size should greatly reduce power consumption, ( this chip should launch in the near future so engineering samples are probably already available.

3: I'd like RIM to launch a FULL cloud service with QNX devices, Web based @bbm.com email, Online storage with payment options, profile page integrated with BBM for status updates, and profile pic updates, maybe comments on status updates, online photo album, App world.

4: I'd Like RIM to revolutionize the Calendar, email, ToDo functions within the smartphone, all 3 functions share similar traits yet are not integrated well, RIM should launch the New OS with NEW and exciting features integrating these 3 functions into a robust integrated Framework

5: I'd Like to see RIM Launch a Developer community site around QNX devices with SDK's and Online Simulators for each device, before it launches, I'd like to see a Developer chat once a quarter addressing developer questions and issues, like earnings calls, so that RIM keeps the developers fired up, AND the developers keep RIM making things easier and better

6: NFC, enabled with peripherals that take advantage of NFC

7: Hot swappable Batteries!! I say this always! and mean it! I'd like to see consistent Battery life with the 9780 device,

8: I'd like 2 Bluetooth channels, so I can have a keyboard, and my Playbook connected, without any interference or slow down

you know what I can't think of 10 things, I'd be pretty thrilled with RIM if they launched this in Q1 C2012
    As always, I agree with DeRusett, except I would add Notes to #4
    08-07-11 10:37 PM
    Honestly, I'd just like to have native Exchange ActiveSync. All the other stuff is just superfluous it this point. Processor upgrade is nice, but that's already here and will get better. The whole NFC thing is not something I would use, and frankly kind of scares me. Luckily it can be disabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-11 10:52 PM
    I need it to be able to make me a sandwich, I'll settle for nothing less.
    08-07-11 10:56 PM
    I need it to be able to make me a sandwich, I'll settle for nothing less.
    I can order quizno's delivery from my BlackBerry Torch 9800,
    does that count?
    chiefbroski likes this.
    08-07-11 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD