I recently just switched from the 8900 to the 9700 and I'm haveing trouble transfering my music to the new device. I have used the desktop manager for everything else like photos and other media and apps...but just cant seem to get the music transferred, the at&t people suggested that I save the music to the sim card I could'nt find that option...any suggestions
    11-15-10 08:06 PM
    You cannot save media to the SIM card. That person was a moron.

Have you tried dragging and dropping it to the memory card using Explorer
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-15-10 at 08:20 PM.
    11-15-10 08:17 PM
    hey there are options i also hav the bb bold 9700. i either paste music into a memory card or when my phone plugs in just click and drag music files into my phone, or there is the long way of syncing music using the desktop software.
    11-15-10 08:18 PM
    On the SIM card? Wow. Nice. Exemplary customer service there.

To the OP: if it's on a media card already, just swap the media card to your new device. If it's stored in the on-board memory (device memory), then afimelb's suggestion is perfect. If you don't have a memory card at all, then use AG's explorer suggestion and drag the music folder to your desktop, plug in your new device, and drag the music folder to your new device - look for the music folder first though, so when you drop it asks to merge (yes).
    Last edited by genomos; 11-15-10 at 09:38 PM. Reason: forgot credit all suggestions
    11-15-10 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD