Never posted on here before, excuse my ignorance if I've posted this in the wrong forum

So here's the story

I'm running the Blackberry tour w the latest update software 5

Was fwd a mms message from my bf who has a standard cellphone, all it was was a song. Played the song... which was a silly "I've got the clap and I'm giving it to you!" nonsense. Ha ha, very funny. Deleted it. And ever since then my phone will randomly play the stupid clap song. The breakdown:

It plays after I hang up a call or miss a call
    Also it plays after I receive a message.
    The phone is on vibrate, still plays
    Regular ringtone, message noises still play if sound is on
    The song is not saved on my phone
    the originating message is deleted
    there's no running applications
    I've tried pulling battery to no luck

I really dont get it! I work tech/customer service for a cellular company and I've never heard of anything like this before.

I haven't tried a wipe yet, thats my next line of defense but I'm never endingly curious as to how this is happening and whats causing this.
    I'll wipe and test and see if it still happens.. then restore my info with desktop manager and test again.. I'll keep you folks updated

But really. wtf. someone gave my phone the clap and it wont go away
    04-15-10 03:40 PM
    What you are experiencing is one of the documented bugs of OS 5.0.0.591 as released by Verizon. The only cure at this time is to install a different version.
    04-15-10 03:42 PM
    Might want to update you device info... Says your on a 8330

And as Jeff mentioned. downgrade for now.....
    04-15-10 03:44 PM
    hahah ok..

how ironic it had to be the stupid clap song

and yes, I just realized I'm outdated

Thanks guys!
    04-15-10 03:47 PM
    My Tour just started doing this exact same thing after I opened a Cinco de Mayo attachment. Arghhh, now I have mariachi music that magically comes on when it wants (pretty much the exact as Toxik Shock described). What version do we need to upgrade/downgrade too?
    05-07-10 12:20 AM
    Look in the Tour forum section and you will find TONS of information about the methods to correct this issue.
    05-07-10 05:53 AM
    Just find the .643 leak.
    05-07-10 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD