Ok, I got no takers in the Q10 forum...so thought I would try here.

So starting last night, my Q10 just started pausing my music when I would lock the screen. It's never done this before and I haven't changed any settings. I couldn't even find a setting for this. I am using the native music player. This is a huge pain..and I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything or had any suggestions? I have tried shutting down/powering on with no luck. It even stops my music in TuneIn, which it never used to do that either. I really don't want to wipe my device and start over, but I will if there is no fix. I am on 10.2.1.1925. Any info would be great, if you have any!
    02-07-14 12:28 PM
    Settings – Security and Privacy – Device Password, I have my device set to lock after 30minutes, and have the Allow Apps to extend password lock time set to on, and have never had this issue, Q10 on .1925 currently. Not sure if that would make a difference, but maybe it’s worth a try.

hopefully others have figured this out already!
    02-07-14 12:39 PM
    I have the same problem. BB Z30.
    02-07-14 12:47 PM
    I have the same problem. BB Z30.
    Ok, glad I'm not the only one. I'm not sure what happened to make it start happening..I know I didn't make any changes.

and FCSC, I did check there and all was set to how it should be. Thanks for the info though.
    02-07-14 12:55 PM
    Ok, glad I'm not the only one. I'm not sure what happened to make it start happening..I know I didn't make any changes.

and FCSC, I did check there and all was set to how it should be. Thanks for the info though.
    ah well good luck!
    02-07-14 01:32 PM
    Anyone else? Thought I would check once more before I wipe it..

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    02-07-14 08:40 PM
    Anyone else? Thought I would check once more before I wipe it..

I can't think of anything Settings wise which could be causing this, but before wiping your device you should maybe uninstall TunedIn Radio as it may have somehow commandeered functions of the native Music Player and be causing a conflict of some sort.
    I'd be ruling out installed Apps, and rebooting the device in between checking for an improvement before wiping the device. I know my own physical volume controls are a bit 'on and off' since installing a 3rd party music player.
    Hope you get it sorted. When you do, come back and tell us.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    02-07-14 09:51 PM
    Well nothing worked that I tried, so I just wiped it and finally got it set back up the way I want it again, and the music plays again when screen is locked. Thanks all for the advice though.

bennelong likes this.
    02-08-14 01:12 PM
    Ok, this started happening again after my initial wipe...talk about frustration! But, I figured out the culprit..it's the Screen Snapp app. I had purchased it months ago, but I noticed it had an update last week sometime, and that's about the time it stopped working..I re-downloaded the app last night and ran into the same issue...so I knew it was the one causing my music player to pause when screen is locked. Once I removed it, all was good again.
    02-10-14 01:22 PM
    Good that you got it sorted.
    I tried the board search function for 'screen shot' and came up with nothing, because I honestly don't know whether the Q10 takes a screenshot with a simultaneous press of both volume keys as does the Z10.
    It sort of makes sense that an app may leverage this functionality (volume key) in order to achieve the same results though.
    Poorly written app maybe?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    02-10-14 02:07 PM
    Thanks for pointing out it was Screen Snapp that was causing this...I've had the same problem for the past few days and it was doing my head in! Deleted Screen Snapp now and all is well. Much thanks...
    02-26-14 09:08 AM
    My apologies for this bug in Screen Snapp. Unfortunately it wasn't reported by anyone, so I was only able to fix it once I had discovered the problem for myself during regular use.

The good news is that this issue and some other bugs have been fixed in Screen Snapp v2.1 which is now available to download: Screen Snapp at BlackBerry World

If you encounter any more issues please report them so that they can be fixed sooner. There is a feedback option in the application menu.

Thanks.
    02-26-14 05:06 PM