View Poll Results: How many would like to see a Music Forum on CrackBerry?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! CrackBerry Rocks!

48 76.19%
  • No, don't really like music.

4 6.35%
  • Don't really care one way or the other.

11 17.46%

And one of my fave Styx/Dennis performances is Lady from the Return to Paradise Tour. This song is just the bomb. And it reminds me of my first real romance from way back when when I was 16:

Now...the only performance with the newer Styx that I tend to listen to every now and then is when they perform Roll With The Changes with REO Speedwagon. But then, that's not a Styx song anyway. And RWTCs is my #1 power/driving song of all time!!!!

Well Jeff, glad I could assist you down memory lane!
    Funny, you mention Lady as a song that reminds you of a young romance of yours. It is the ONLY one of Styx's song that I cannot listen to without feeling sad. Seems that my boyfriend and I broke up at a community dance when I was in junior high and the very next song, he went out on the floor with a **** and danced to that tune!!!!

To this day, it gives me stomach upset to hear that song! And I have loooonnnngggg since forgotten about the boy....

Now REO....there's another love of mine!
    And RWTC is about as good as it gets!
    01-21-11 01:16 PM
    Did somebody say ?

LOL, another band I did not really follow much, oh well...
    01-23-11 10:52 AM
    Did somebody say ?

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGgLPriZUSA"]

LOL, another band I did not really follow much, oh well...
    Thanks Mike!!!
    I downloaded that too!!!
    If I watch it on my bb, can I download it directly?
    I never go to you tube on my berry...just wondering.
    01-23-11 11:11 AM
    I use the YouTube for BB app from RIM, basically just a launch icon in my media folder. You could bookmark the YT video and not have to d/l it or the app to your phone or media card. You can also set videos as your favs on YT to find quickly when you login.
    01-23-11 11:48 AM
    I use the YouTube for BB app from RIM, basically just a launch icon in my media folder. You could bookmark the YT video and not have to d/l it or the app to your phone or media card. You can also set videos as your favs on YT to find quickly when you login.
    OK thanks for the info Mike. I never installed the launcher. Maybe I'll just add a shortcut to it on my QL menu, or download to my card.
    Thanks!
    01-23-11 12:53 PM
    i am always looking for new music
    01-23-11 02:38 PM

Now...the only performance with the newer Styx that I tend to listen to every now and then is when they perform Roll With The Changes with REO Speedwagon. But then, that's not a Styx song anyway. And RWTCs is my #1 power/driving song of all time!!!!

Thanks to jaydee5799 for helping me shave a few years off my life, even if for a moment.
    Wow, thanks for that! Love that song and the performance was outstanding! Well except when Tommy Shaw opened his mouth.
    01-23-11 05:52 PM
    I agree with this!
    I love listening to music on my BB and I could use some tips and tricks, etc. It would be neat to hear how some make the most out of the media player or third party apps for music, even.
    +1 I just ordered a 16 gig scan disk card so I can put my music on my Style and ditch my I pod.
    01-23-11 06:00 PM
    Yeah, I have a 16gb card with about 6-7gb music and another 2-3gb other stuff with about 6gb free space left for more music.
    01-23-11 06:29 PM
    ...the new dude can't keep a tune. And I don't count that it was a late New Year's Eve show and they might have been tired from a long/late set.....
    The "new dude" is Lawrence Gowan, and he's been around nearly as long a DeYoung with a successful solo career prior to joining Styx.

I think Gowan has a great voice. You may have just picked a bad example.
    01-23-11 08:10 PM
    No disrespect at all Jake, quite the contrary, this is good stuff. It forced me to do a little research on both singers and I learned a lot about Mr. Gowan that I never knew. However, Dennis DeYoung and wife Suzanne were neighbors of mine a few years ago as I stated before and while I did not really know him personally (we did meet a few times and waved, etc), I was somewhat familiar with his career, even though I did not follow the band. The DeYoung family was very well known, liked and respected in the neighborhood and continue to be friends with some of my neighbors that still live on my street.

Dennis DeYoung started the band with two friends in 1961 under another name which changed a couple of times before they started calling themselves Styx in 1970 with the same members just a couple added. Dennis stayed with them until 1999 when he became ill and could not perform any longer. Gowan, about 10 years his younger, replaced DeYoung in 1999, after DeYoung and Styx had recorded some 15 albums together not including another 6 compilation albums and about 6-8 solo albums of his own and many songs written for other artists, television shows or movies over the years. So, while Lawrence Gowan has now been with the band for 11 going on 12 years, Dennis DeYoung was with the band for 38 years (29 of which they were named Styx) and started his career some 15 years before Gowan, who has some great credits to his career as well, but not quite the quality and quantity of DeYoung's. IMHO.

Cheers, and thanks for the education on Mr. Gowan, who I knew very little about until now.
    01-24-11 12:36 PM
    Mike, this is excellent information!
    I never knew some of this and I appreciate the effort you took to compile and type it all!
    Very cool!
    01-24-11 01:29 PM
    Hehehe, JD it was really, really hard and took like a really, really long time, LOL. Seriously, it was fun, God I love Google!
    01-24-11 03:44 PM
    ...Cheers, and thanks for the education on Mr. Gowan, who I knew very little about until now.
    No worries. I realize Gowan was originally from Canada and may not be as well known south of the border. At least not his earlier stuff.
    01-24-11 04:18 PM
    Another topic of good discussion would be Genesis.

A big fan of Gabriel era Genesis and the first part of the Collins era. So, there are a few songs on albums like Invisible Touch that I like, but my heart will always be with epics like Supper's Ready and Firth of Fifth (with Steve Hackett soloing).
    01-25-11 07:07 AM
    Yeah, I was a fan of the earlier Genesis work myself with Peter Gabriel on lead vocals and Phil Collins singing backup.

Peter Gabriel as Britannia:

Dancing with the Moonlit Knight
    01-25-11 10:21 AM
    What headphones or earphones does everyone use to listen to music? I use Shure SE115m+ sound isolating headset.
    01-27-11 10:40 PM
    So want this to happen but not sure why it hasn't yet. I'm sure there are so many members here who love music including me. Please CB make it happen!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-11 11:55 PM
    Sorry but your options are lacking and leading.

I love music. But I don't think that there needs to be a music forum on the CrackBerry forums.

I voted "No".
    I agree. The moderators do not need to be bootleg music cops.
    04-12-11 06:14 AM
    Yeah, guess moderating some people discussing favorite music, groups, instruments, music players, headphones, stereos and stuff like would be a real headache, good call, lets shut down this thread before it gets out of hand.
    04-13-11 08:49 AM
    We wouldn't be! Have you looked at Movies/Video? We only remove stuff when we receive a proper copyright removal request, and we have yet to receive one for anything in Movies/Video yet!

Tighen up that signature please though, it needs to be 4 lines.
    04-13-11 09:08 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD