View Poll Results: How many would like to see a Music Forum on CrackBerry?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! CrackBerry Rocks!

48 76.19%
  • No, don't really like music.

4 6.35%
  • Don't really care one way or the other.

11 17.46%
    Wow, another forum on Crackberry

How about a forum about movies?
    Knitting?
    Gardening?
    Photography?

What does music have to do with phones?
    I have to say I kind of agree. A few threads here and there in the General, Off Topic, or Social forums should suffice.
    01-19-11 07:03 PM
    Any Rap/HipHop&RNB fans here??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 08:20 PM
    It has everything to do with phones. It's media, and often people have problems or questions on the techniques used to transfer, convert or use it. If you aren't interested, don't participate. I guarantee you there are many that are interested.

When more people start digging gardens with their phones I'm sure they will start a gardening forum. See you there Jake.

Last edited by albee 1; 01-19-11 at 08:35 PM.
    01-19-11 08:32 PM
    It has everything to do with phones. It's media, and often people have problems or questions on the techniques used to transfer, convert or use it. If you aren't interested, don't participate. I guarantee you there are many that are interested.

When more people start digging gardens with their phones I'm sure they will start a gardening forum. See you there Jake.

Well then we better start a photography forum too so people can learn techniques for transferring photos, and a movie forum so we can learn to watch movies on our phones. But why stop there? We can start a mathematician forum for users that enjoy the calculator function on their BB. Maybe a horological forum to discuss the clock apps?

See what I mean? Just because it's on the phone doesn't mean it needs it's own forum.
    01-19-11 09:28 PM
    Uh, there already is and has been a forum for movies on CB for some time now as well as a forum for iPhones/iPads and even Android and Windows phones, but you don't have to visit any forums that do not interest you. Pandora is the #2 d/l free app behind Facebook, so it seemsa a lot of users are interested in music.

01-19-11 09:45 PM
    Well then we better start a photography forum too so people can learn techniques for transferring photos, and a movie forum so we can learn to watch movies on our phones. But why stop there? We can start a mathematician forum for users that enjoy the calculator function on their BB. Maybe a horological forum to discuss the clock apps?

See what I mean? Just because it's on the phone doesn't mean it needs it's own forum.
    Just because other people enjoy something, does not you mean you are forced to participate. Or are you just one of those that can't stand seeing people enjoy themselves without your approval. Let it go dude. Get some other hobby than being a killjoy!

01-19-11 10:08 PM
    ... Get some other hobby than being a killjoy!
    Could we start a forum for that?
    01-19-11 10:12 PM
    Glad to see your sense of humor is fully intact Jake. Peace out bro.

01-19-11 10:23 PM
    Glad to see your sense of humor is fully intact Jake. Peace out bro.

Yeah, didn't mean to come off as a downer. I just didn't think another forum was necessary. But then I scrolled down the main forum page and realized how many forums there already are. There actually is a forum for videos/movies already. So I guess one more for music wouldn't be too out of place.
    01-19-11 10:30 PM
    Hey they gotta stay ahead of the curve. Or human nature will prevail. When people get bored they go elsewhere. And you weren't a downer in the least. See you in the forums Jake!

01-19-11 10:42 PM
    I'm a musician and I'd be happy to see this new forum on CB!
    01-20-11 06:03 AM
    Just click on the pick above and the KISS 2000 Man Millennium Concert will start playing for you!
    Thanks for the link. I need to find this concert on CD somehow....

Couple of points of note:

I still think it is funny how so many bands, and people in general felt the new millenium started in 2000. It didn't. It started in 2001. There was never a year 0.

And what was up with Ace not able to play that song without constantly looking down at his guitar to make sure he was on the right frets......

When I was 12 Kiss was THE band! That was the 70ies
    Well, I have revived my interest of late thanks to Netflix streaming and Gene Simmons Family Jewels.
    01-20-11 08:41 AM
    For me, the 70s was really about these guys:

01-20-11 08:46 AM
    Or we could continue what I already started

http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/cra...ng-day-296980/
    01-20-11 08:50 AM
    Or we could continue what I already started

http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/cra...ng-day-296980/
    You beat me to it

01-20-11 09:03 AM
    Song of the Day might make a good sub category or very interesting/popular thread in the much larger, broader forum category of music, which can cover songs, bands, instruments, making music, pictures of anything related to music and on and on with almost endless sub category/thread options.
    01-20-11 09:26 AM
    I was thinking it's a good idea since BBs these days are also great media/music players. While it COULD be located in social, my thought would be to locate it where we have Stuff for your BB,along with BB Apps, BB Games, BB Ringtones & Movies/Video.
    +1 for this. I'd be more interested in discussions about using and getting the most from the music player features of the BB, than in a social discussion. Nothing against a social forum about music, but I suspect there's an enormous mix of musical tastes represented on CrackBerry which might make it challenging to gel as a single forum.
    01-20-11 10:52 AM
    +1 for this. I'd be more interested in discussions about using and getting the most from the music player features of the BB, than in a social discussion. Nothing against a social forum about music, but I suspect there's an enormous mix of musical tastes represented on CrackBerry which might make it challenging to gel as a single forum.
    I agree with this!
    I love listening to music on my BB and I could use some tips and tricks, etc. It would be neat to hear how some make the most out of the media player or third party apps for music, even.
    01-20-11 10:56 AM
    I heard this new single from an Artist called HorseD*ck.Mpeg called I F***ed a White B***h! LOL, Just kidding

My vote is for putting the Music forum in with Stuff For Blackberry. I like the idea of discussing native media player, music player apps, and even apps like GuitarStudio.

Great Idea!
    01-20-11 11:35 AM
    LOL Draco, gonna look for that single. Yeah, Stuff for Your Blackberry Smartphone is by far the best place for it, not lost/buried in the social forums somewhere that many are never likely to visit. GuitarStudio (on sale at CB today for 40% off) is an awesome app and I am sure that a Music Forum would bring a lot more attention to it. (hint: help CB sell more copies of music related apps)
    01-20-11 11:54 AM
    For me, the 70s was really about these guys:

Personally never really got into these guys much at all, but Dennis DeYoung (STYX founder and lead singer) used to live just down the street from me.

01-21-11 10:07 AM
    Personally never really got into these guys much at all, but Dennis DeYoung (STYX founder and lead singer) used to live just down the street from me.

Wow! Dennis DeYoung sang one of my favorite songs EVER...called "Don't Wait for Heroes" Anybody remember the video or the song?
    01-21-11 11:08 AM
    Okay, just for you JD:

I never really knew him, but he did live just down the street from my house several years ago.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-21-11 11:38 AM
    Okay, just for you JD:

I never really knew him, but he did live just down the street from my house several years ago.
    WooHoo!!!
    Thanks Mike!
    The video of that song is so cool!!!
    Putting it on my phone now. Besides downloading on my laptop and transferring with a cable, is there a quicker way?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 01-21-11 at 12:46 PM.
    01-21-11 12:38 PM
    Ok.....Stepping on my soapbox time......

Personal peeve of mine....

Dennis DeYoung was such an important part of Styx...I just cannot see myself ever seeing the current Styx lineup (except perhaps for songs not sung by Dennis). Heck, even "today" Dennis' voice is more melodic and sweet to me than the current guy that sings.

Case in point....Dennis singing Come Sail Away on Jimmy Kimmel in (I think) 2009:

Now, compare that to the "current" lineup doing Come Sail Away on 12/31/2005:

No comparison at all! While Dennis' voice has gotten a little worse for the wear over the years, the new dude can't keep a tune. And I don't count that it was a late New Year's Eve show and they might have been tired from a long/late set.

And one of my fave Styx/Dennis performances is Lady from the Return to Paradise Tour. This song is just the bomb. And it reminds me of my first real romance from way back when when I was 16:

Now...the only performance with the newer Styx that I tend to listen to every now and then is when they perform Roll With The Changes with REO Speedwagon. But then, that's not a Styx song anyway. And RWTCs is my #1 power/driving song of all time!!!!

Thanks to jaydee5799 for helping me shave a few years off my life, even if for a moment.
    01-21-11 01:08 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD