Hi everyone,

I see that Mundu is now available for blackberry. I was using mundu
    when I was a treo owner and I liked it very much. I was wondering if
    any of you have given it a try for the berry? I downloaded the trial
    this morning and like it so far.
    05-02-08 10:30 AM
    Isnt it like Jivetalk....I guess Jivetalk's more popular here....I use and love Jivetalk....
    05-02-08 10:50 AM
    yeah it is and I use Jivetalk as well but I kinda like the Mundu layout
    and the fact that you can change your fonts to different colors
    05-02-08 11:11 AM
    Mundu was great when I had a treo, but they lack support.

They came out with a version for windows mobile smartphones and didn't have one for the PPC and told me to continue using the smartphone version until they had a fix. They also stated they would let me know when that was, never got that email.

There are a couple of other concerns, but maybe I'll give it a try one day.
    05-02-08 07:34 PM
    I had Mundu with my treo also. I don't IM that much so I didn't want to spend the money on Jivetalk. When I saw Mundu had a BB version I though what the heck and sent support an email asking if they could migrate my license thinking probably have to pay a little. They transferred it for FREE. Apparently there is a migrate option on the treo to migrate, but I don't have the treo anymore and they just sent me a new code.

Just an FYI.
    05-05-08 07:15 PM
    Thanks for the info!
    05-05-08 07:17 PM
    I had Mundu with my treo also. I don't IM that much so I didn't want to spend the money on Jivetalk. When I saw Mundu had a BB version I though what the heck and sent support an email asking if they could migrate my license thinking probably have to pay a little. They transferred it for FREE. Apparently there is a migrate option on the treo to migrate, but I don't have the treo anymore and they just sent me a new code.

Just an FYI.
    Rofl... I actually paid for it. What do I need though? I forgot everything.
    05-05-08 09:41 PM
    I had read ATT blocks Yahoo unless you get a program that goes around that. I have a BB curve on the way. Will Mundu allow me to use Yahoo IM on it? Thanks in advance for the help.
    05-06-08 09:40 PM
    I had read ATT blocks Yahoo unless you get a program that goes around that. I have a BB curve on the way. Will Mundu allow me to use Yahoo IM on it? Thanks in advance for the help.
    Most apps like JiveTalk and Mundu will allow you to use the Yahoo IM programs. I could be wrong, but I remember connecting to Yahoo with JT.
    05-07-08 01:40 AM
    Tried it. Took too long just to get connected and load my friends list.

Gui looks nice though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 02:28 AM
    So Mundu will work but JiveTalk is better? Any idea of the cost on these things?
    05-07-08 06:52 AM
    Mundu is 11.00 for a lifetime and Jivetalk is about 20.00 or less.
    I have used both and they both are fine. I like Mundu GUI better though and the fact I can change the color of fonts.
    05-07-08 07:24 AM
    Hmm better GUI, cheaper, works for me. You Crackberrys are the really awesome. My clients are getting a kick out of this too since I'm an addictions counselor.
    05-07-08 07:35 AM
    I used Mundu IM on my Pearl after reading these posts and liked it and seems it has a lot of potential considering its only the 1st release.
    I was earlier using JiveTalk, and its comparable in features and its cheaper.

The UI and the Usablity is really good maybe even better than JiveTalk, but thats my opinion, the UI atleast is really refreshing.
    I liked the Cross conferencing feature a lot. It let me conference between my yahoo and MSN buddies.
    There seem to be a lot of hidden features which aren't very obvious like Press and holding the track wheel enables you to switch between IM Sessions.

Am still exploring the features....will keep updating.
    05-14-08 07:40 AM
    i hv been using mundu on my 8800...i found some intresting features like active chat selection...and im alerts aint that irritating...ui looks good too..earlier whn i used im+ it crashed soo frequently !! this's soo much bttr..
    05-14-08 07:52 AM
    Does anyone else notice a considerable battery drain with Mundu open? I logged in yesterday for a little while and then logged out. I didn't go to menu close, I just hit the end key. My battery was almost dead in less than 1 day.
    05-16-08 05:59 AM
    i just downloaded it. it seems to be constantly streaming data in and out of my phone. i am sure that is where the battery drain is coming from. i have only had it an hour and my batteries was low when i downloaded it. but i will leave it on allday tomorrow to see how it fairs.
    05-16-08 09:21 PM
    Anyone know if this works via Mundu owned Proxy servers as well or if it's direct connect to the IM servers for each service?
    05-16-08 09:42 PM
    Never heard of this program. I'm going to give it a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 03:02 AM
    I have used both munduIM and jiveTalk on my Curve and I found munduIM better. Most importantly it is cheaper and looks stable as compared to other IMs which crashes a Lot!!..
    Last edited by yukti; 05-19-08 at 07:31 AM.
    05-19-08 07:13 AM
    I just wanted to put a shout out there for MunduIM. I had some user created problems over the weekend and emailed them last night. This morning I already received a response that fixed the problem. Talk about excellent customer service. I have never had any customer service that replied so quickly and was able to resolve the problems with a single emailed message. Great Job Mundu!!!!!
    06-02-08 11:15 AM
    I tried them both but honestly jive talks works better. Mundu seesm to sign off a lot when i am idle but i can have jivetalk on for days with no problem. Plus i like the GUI for jivetalk better, i like the bubble messaging, it looks like iphones text messages. I recommend jivetalk.
    06-02-08 01:23 PM
    I'd like a chat client that signs in directly to the host servers. So far every single Blackberry IM client out there connects to a 3rd party to make things work. I'm tired of having to deal with 3rd party places to get things done on a BB. WinMO doesn't have this limitation. I don't want a 3rd party having access to all my chats. WTF RIM?
    06-02-08 01:48 PM
    Hi JSRCivis98....I agree with your concern.....Mundu IM will suit your needs just fine....It makes a direct connection with the respective servers i.e. yahoo, aim , msn etc......hence it makes it more secure den pretty much all the IM apps available.......
    Probably thats y it requires more battery than the rest of the apps.......Handling 6 or more connections as compared to 1 in rest of the IM apps......Small price to pay for the security and peace of mind

Cheers
    06-04-08 04:17 AM
    ^^^ Are you sure it makes direct connections? I couldn't get any info from the website as to how it works. I haven't broken down yet and actually emailed them to see.
    06-04-08 11:26 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD