I am trying to find the best way to set up two email accounts so that they are sync'd and accessible from any computer and my BB. I also want to be able to send an email from either address from both media.

Email 1 - gmail
    Email 2 - work domain

Gmail settings
    Check mail using POP3: work address
    Send mail as: work address

BB settings
    I have both addresses set up as separate accounts.

Problem is when I get a work email I receive it in both email accounts since I am having gmail check my work email. If I delete my work email account on the BB then I won't be able to send an email from that address. If I stop gmail from checking my work email then my work email isn't accessible online from any computer.

Is what I am trying to do impossible?

Any other suggestions as to the best way to set these accounts up?
    10-28-11 10:28 AM
    In Gmail, go to Settings, Account and Import. There you can add your work address as a "sent from" option. check the settings to let you choose which address to use as your "sent from". Delete email 2.
    10-28-11 10:36 AM
    In Gmail, go to Settings, Account and Import. There you can add your work address as a "sent from" option. check the settings to let you choose which address to use as your "sent from". Delete email 2.
    But wont this prevent me from receiving my work emails in gmail while working online?
    10-28-11 10:45 AM
    But wont this prevent me from receiving my work emails in gmail while working online?
    No... all this does is allow you to use your work@domain.com address, if you want to, when you reply from within your Gmail account.
    10-28-11 10:49 AM
    If I delete the work@domain.com account then I no longer receive any work emails within my Gmail account.
    10-28-11 10:57 AM
    I'm just saying... Since you're already forwarding your work@domain.com account to your Gmail, having it still on your BB would be redundant. I didn't mean delete the actual account. Sorry for the confusion.
    10-28-11 11:01 AM
    I thought you meant to stop having gmail 'Check mail using POP3: work@domain.com'.

If I remove the work@domain.com account from my BB then I can't send an email from my work address on my BB.
    10-28-11 11:08 AM
    I believe this should clear this up for you.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=22370
    10-28-11 11:39 AM
    OK, I guess I suck at explaining things.

If you'll look at my 1st post you will see that I already have Gmail set up to 'Send mail as:' my work address.

But this is only to send not receive so I also have to have Gmail set up to 'Check mail using POP3:' for my work address.

However, I also have to have my work address set up on my BB in order to send emails using that address on my BB. This causes me to receive every work email twice on my BB.

Maybe someone who understands what I am trying to say will chime in on my behalf.

Again, maybe what I am trying to do is impossible.
    10-28-11 11:55 AM

If you'll look at my 1st post you will see that I already have Gmail set up to 'Send mail as:' my work address.

But this is only to send not receive so I also have to have Gmail set up to 'Check mail using POP3:' for my work address.

However, I also have to have my work address set up on my BB in order to send emails using that address on my BB. This causes me to receive every work email twice on my BB.

Maybe someone who understands what I am trying to say will chime in on my behalf.

Have you tried using the BIS filter to stop the duplicate emails?
    10-28-11 12:23 PM
    Why are you complicating things so much? Keep them separate and check if your work email provider also offers imap settings, that would make your email instant and half imap from device to inbox(will mark as read and delete emails, also it will put your sent emails from device into in sent items folder on the server)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-11 12:24 PM
    Work email provider does not have IMAP.

I will try setting up a BIS filter.

Thanks.
    10-28-11 12:40 PM

No, you explained it well enough. We don't care that you set up gmail to act as your work mail. That is not the issue.

Seriously, why are you complicating things?

I sent you a PM asking you to forget the forwarding nonsense.

Stop forwarding one account to the other and add both accounts to your device.

Done!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-28-11 12:40 PM
    You know, you can also get your emails from the work domain to your Gmail by adding account.
    10-28-11 12:52 PM
    You know, you can also get your emails from the work domain to your Gmail by adding account.
    That pulls only every 15 minutes or sometimes not at all, I played with this set up before I discovered my email provider had imap settings. Not a good set up at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-11 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD