Hi,

I know there are more threads about this and I have been reading them for the past couple of hours.

I need to know one thing:

If I want to use the bb email account and have multiple emails forwarded to me, is there any way of choosing to reply to the email from the original account it came from? or will it be from the bb account?

I tried adding the email accounts the POP3 way, but while using Gmail to send emails, I always get 1 copy sent back to my BB.

Bottom line: is there a way of enjoying push mail, and having the flexibility needed to choose which email account to reply/send from?

Please tell me what the best way of doing this is.

Thanks,
    Oren
    12-29-07 01:23 PM
    Hi Oren,

I think you don't have control over where to reply from if it need to be something different than the account you received it on.

Every account supposes to have it's own icon on your BB, and if you send or reply an email from there, it automatically uses that account.

If you create an email from-out of your message list, you can select an account to send from in the "Send using:" field on top. (you actually want this functionality in your replies too but unfortunately...)

Using BIS, you can enter a reply address and make the receiver believe that it came from another account but this is a "or this, or that" solution.

I hope this helps.

Daruba.
    12-29-07 02:34 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply - but it didnt really answer my question. Let me try to clarify:

I have, at the moment, 2 email accounts setup on my BB:

1. BB email address
    2. Gmail address

the BB account is setup to "reply" from an address I choose - which is fine.
    However, If I wish to compose an email from the account that is actually only forwarding the mail to the BB account - I can't.

Originally I had asked if there was a way to forward multiple emails to the BB account and then be able to choose the "reply from" - I realised you can only specify 1.

Thanks,
    Oren
    12-29-07 04:37 PM
    Oren, the answer is yes, when you get an email on your BB from your gmail and reply, it looks like it came from your gmail. You get a copy back because you need to go into you BIS webpage and turn the filter on for gmail. Enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-07 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD