I am hoping to get my new BB by the end of May (replacing a TREO 650)...

I'm not a techie or IT type so pardon if this might be a dumb question -

I had a BB 7100 before but my issue was that when I set up my personal email account to push to the BB, all my personal emails showed up in my corporate inbox and I could only reply using my corporate email account. Was I doing something wrong in setup?

The new BB will be mine but I will be connecting it to a corporate exchange server. My personal email is a POP enabled comcast account. Will I be able to set up 2 inboxes on the new BB like I currently have on my Treo?

Thanks for your help.
    05-13-07 07:09 AM
    Will you be on a BES or just using BIS?
    05-13-07 06:08 PM
    Bottom line, it seems you will be using BES & BIS.
    BES: to connect to your work email / exchange / BlackBerry Enterrpise Server &
    BIS: to connect to your personal pop3 accounts.

When you send an email as 'work', or reply to a work email, it will show your work email address. With BIS your personal emails, and replies to personal emails will show your personal email address.

Main thing is when sending emails from the device, you have to remember to choose the right 'account' (choose if it being sent through your work (BES) or through personal (BIS)) or you might send emails from your work address, when it should be from your personal account...
    05-13-07 09:08 PM
    When using BES & BIS at the same time is it possible to ensure that BIS emails do not end up in the BES inbox. I have separate email folders for my two BIS accounts and one main email folder that both BES & BIS emails end up in? Is it possible to create a separate BES email box that will not contain BIS emails?
    06-11-07 03:41 PM
    There is a sticky on this. But, no ALL emails will go into MESSAGES, period. Sorry to say that's how it is with the new O.S, 4.2.*
    06-11-07 04:53 PM
    Hello!!

I just set my 8320 Curve with T-Mobile up for Bes and Bis. I am using State Farm's enterprise server. I like many others I am sure, am trying to seperate everything. I have seperated my sms and mms from my email. I did that under the options selection from the menu button. I have seen someone elses 8320 that had seperate email icons, but they could not tell me how they did it. Please help!! Thanks in advance! Tim.
    12-29-07 07:48 AM
    Not sure this will help or not...I have the 8830 and when I setup my BES I had an email icon, I then followed NaviWilliams instructions for setting up a BIS with my newly created GMail account and a new icon for my GMail showed up on screen. Assuming yours works like mine you should automatically have a 2nd email icon.
    12-29-07 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD