I know that many of you have multiple BlackBerry devices. Do you really pay for multiple active lines or just switch back and fourth between the two phones during the year with your carrier? Having two active lines seems overly expensive. What's the trick?

Posted from my Z10 via CB
    03-29-14 07:25 PM
    I have a personal Z10 and a work Q10.
    03-29-14 07:27 PM
    I'm with T-Mobile and I have more than one phone. I like to switch once in awhile to keep things interesting. I only have one line and I move my sim card between devices. All you have to do is take your sim card out of the one phone and put it into the other. I don't have to call T-Mobile or anything. It's very simple.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 08:35 PM
    There's really no trick to it. Either you pony up for a 2nd line, or you swap the SIM from device to device depending on what you want to use. With all the cloud and sync services, and things like CalDAV and CardDAV available, it's fairly easy to keep multiple devices in sync. The question to ask yourself is whether you need or can afford to have a 2nd line.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 09:39 PM
    The $30 100 minute/unlimited text/5GB high-speed data plan on T-Mobile helps phone addicts like me.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-29-14 09:42 PM
    The share everything plans are slowly making it more cost efficient to have multiple lines. For example, AT&T started new share plans that allow for four lines that have unlimited talk and text and share 10 gb of data for $160 a month. (Granted, you may have to buy the device outright or make monthly payments for the device until it is paid off.)

But really, there is no trick. Some people don't mind paying what they pay for multiple lines. Others may mind, but love their device options, so they will find the most cost efficient way to have multiple active lines.
    03-29-14 11:01 PM
    I'm part of the new AT&T family plan and thus have multiple lines, thus multiple phones. Yep, smartphone junkie!

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    03-29-14 11:35 PM
    My primary phone is my Z10. Back up 9780 is on WiFi only.
    03-30-14 12:24 AM
    I have a Q5 with BIS from Vodafone Romania, Id previously had a Bold 9900, and I also have a Curve 9320 with another carrier Cosmote (own by T-mobile) but not data plan on this device, I just enjoy the psychical keyboard for texting and the battery life.
    Both are personal but the Q5 helps me at my job.
    03-30-14 03:35 AM
    The wrinkle here is of course that you do need two lines (or an accommodating carrier) to have a sim which will work in a BB10 device and a BBOS device needing BIS. I have a second line for a BBOS device exclusively for use overseas when I travel (for the lower data cost due to huge data compression with BIS).

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 04:24 AM
    The wrinkle here is of course that you do need two lines (or an accommodating carrier) to have a sim which will work in a BB10 device and a BBOS device needing BIS. I have a second line for a BBOS device exclusively for use overseas when I travel (for the lower data cost due to huge data compression with BIS).

Posted via CB10
    I haven't experienced an issue using one sim when switching between BB10 devices and a BBOS device. I have a Q5 and a Torch 9860 and I can put my sim in both devices and get data. I don't know how that is possible because used to require BIS but I just swapped between the two devices I mentioned above about 2 weeks ago and I didn't need to call T-Mobile or modify my plan online.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 08:40 AM