I currently have a Pearl 8110.

I use my Pearl through my work BES system.

My problem is that I have about 600 contacts in my list.

However, only about 30 of those contacts do I use on a regular basis (friends and family)

The rest are just client info that I will probably never use, but are on my BB because they are on my work PC outlook contact list.

Is there anyway that I can create two contact lists (like two icons) so I could seperate my personal contacts from my business contacts?

Thanks,

Jay
    08-21-08 12:52 PM
    You can file them under personal or business, then filter.
    08-21-08 12:55 PM
    You can file them under personal or business, then filter.
    Thanks, can you give me some info on how to do that?

Cheers,

jay
    08-21-08 01:28 PM
    While in address book highlight contact hit Menu>Edit, then Menu>Categories to set the category (personal or business). Then once you do that, go to address book hit Menu>Filter.

You can just change the category of personal if you want, then filter by personal.
    08-21-08 02:14 PM
    While in address book highlight contact hit Menu>Edit, then Menu>Categories to set the category (personal or business). Then once you do that, go to address book hit Menu>Filter.

You can just change the category of personal if you want, then filter by personal.
    Awesome thanks!

Is there a way that I can change all of the business contacts at once? Can't you change a bunch of settings through the desktop manager?

I would like to be able to select all of the buisness contacts from a list and do a bulk change... I quickly went through my outlook settings in my contacts but didn't see a setting for personal or business.

Is that possible?

Would make it much faster than going through each individiual contact one by one...

Thanks again!

Jay
    08-22-08 10:49 AM
    You can just change your personal contacts to personal, then filter for personal when in your address book.
    08-22-08 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD