04-07-10 08:37 AM
32 12
tools
    i think i'm missing something here. So for everytime i add a "hot" contact in my hotmail, i have to throw it into my personal folder evertime i want to have the most updated stuff? that sucks
    03-06-09 02:28 AM
    Navi... love all the guidance here but I am faced with a rather odd challenge and I'm wondering if you have some thoughts. Contact Lists & Sync Issues.

For some reason, my former BES has a hold on my contacts. I switched jobs about 3-4 months ago and then started with a new firm fairly quickly. I can see my former BES holding down my contacts and then the new company BES has all the contacts I've loaded since starting with them.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I could use the help. Under Contacts/Options/ I see two contact lists. My old BES and the new BES. If I highlight the new BES I see that wireless sync is set to no and then the number of entries.

On the old BES... under wireless sync is says NOT Available and then the number of entries.

When I export the contacts to even a CSV I am only getting the new BES contacts and not my old BES contacts. It's a huge hassle in that the contacts under the old BES are the bulk of my contacts. Any thoughts?

RegKnick
    12-30-09 07:57 AM
    The export should have been done prior to adding the new BES. You may be forced to manually move them via Send Contact Information or typing them in again.

You also need to remove the old BES before your old company purges the information out of your account (eliminating it from your BB)
    12-30-09 09:21 AM
    The export should have been done prior to adding the new BES. You may be forced to manually move them via Send Contact Information or typing them in again.

You also need to remove the old BES before your old company purges the information out of your account (eliminating it from your BB)
    Thanks! I missed the export by less than an hour I think. Doh!

Send Contact Info to "what" ?

And I would love to delete the old BES but I can't find it listed anywhere on the device. I will check policies again but the thing is just MIA.

In the Desktop Manager I've gone to Main Window> Backup Restore > Advanced and from here I can see two entries under Address Book.

The first is Address Book which is clearly the contacts added through the new BES. The second though is Address Book ALL and it has the collective total of both.

Very interesting... good grief there must be some way to purge ALL the contacts in one shot.
    12-30-09 09:31 AM
    You should have options to Send Contact as Attachment. Send it to another email address and then import them into your Outlook.
    12-30-09 12:13 PM
    You should have options to Send Contact as Attachment. Send it to another email address and then import them into your Outlook.
    Hey again. So after another attempt at wiping the IT Policy... the old BES still has a grip on my contacts. It's a bit amusing in spite of the struggle.

The send as attachment is working but it's going to be a long haul. Send as attachment to the new BES email address seems to give me the ability to "update the contact" and the "Sync with old BES" on the contact is gone.

Better than a poke in the eye.

Thanks.
    12-30-09 08:24 PM
    In my options for contacts I have two contact folders one is desktop and the other one is unknown. I also have two message folders, one is desktop and the other one is messages. Has anyone seen this and how do I get rid of the unknown folder
    04-07-10 08:37 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD