Hi,

I'm new to my BB, having been a WinMo user for years. I looked for an answer to this in the forums, but couldn't find one, at least after searching for a while.

I'm using a Storm from Verizon, and am connected to my employers BES, which syncs my work email, calendar, contacts and tasks over-the-air. Is there a way to sync an additional calendar OTA to my device, that I can use for personal items? (I also have my Gmail set up on my BB and there is a calendar set up for that "service" on my device, but I don't think it works properly because none of the few items I have in my Google Calendar show up on my BB).

Ideally, we could use one calendar (either Google or otherwise) for family events like kids practices, games, etc., so my wife could update it while she's at home, and I could get the updates while on the road for work. She has Outlook on her laptop, but as of now doesn't use the calendar.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

- Scott
    03-14-09 01:22 PM
    In theory, yes the BlackBerry can do this. You can sync to multiple PCs to Outlook or Outlook Express. You can also sync to GMAIL and Yahoo.

However you BES admin may have prevented this via the IT Policy. You should check with the IT dept. to see if it is them stopping this or if something else is wrong.

BES quite literally owns any Blackberry connected to it and the individual poilcy may include or exclude any number of specific functions deemed neccessary to protect corporate data or perceived abuse of their phones.
    03-14-09 01:29 PM
    Thanks for your quick response Pete6. Being new to the BB, I'm still learning about the BES. As with many companies in this down economy, we've cut any extra positions, and that has left our IT department severely under staffed. I hate to bother those folks with this request, which in the scope of the organization is quite trivial (to them).

We have BES 4.0, would you know if it may be a function that a newer version would support? Also, is there any info I can access that would give me a better understanding of the BES and what they can turn on and off? Maybe a users guide or something?

Thanks again!

- Scott
    03-14-09 01:38 PM
    Unfortunately I know nothing about BES admin at all. However there is a BES admin forum here on Crackberry http://forums.crackberry.com/f50/. Perhaps one of the folk over there can help.
    03-14-09 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD