Ok, I have searched and searched for this. I am afraid I may be using the wrong paramters. Anyway, I am hoping for a quick answer.

I am currently using DM to sync Outlook for my work calendar on my Bold. I am also using Gmail for my personal calendar (wife updates only) and syncing it OTA with Gsync. I want to keep them separate from each other except on the Blackberry. They both show up perfectly on the device and I can go in and choose the calendar I want to look at and they do stay separated. I also figured out in Gsync to select None for calendar updates so that nothing I enter for work reaches the Gmail calendar. Ok, now on to the problem. Once everything is in the device, when I use DM to sync, it tries to put all my Gmail entries into Outlook. I do not want this. How do I set up DM to filter these entries? Or is it something in the device that can be set up?

I hope I have been clear enough. Let me know if you can help.
    11-25-08 07:09 PM
    I understand what you mean. When you open DM and go to sync. I don't have it front of me so bear with me. But can't you go to sync settings and do a setup then tell it what to sync....in your case two calenders

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 08:20 PM
    No, I don't think so. After hours of research I think I have figured out the issue comes in the default calendar settings. For some reason, BB only sync with what is in the default calendar. Also, Mobile Google Sync works great and even shows its calendar entries in a different color from the Outlook calendar. All of this is great until you use DM and try to sync again. It tries to enter all the appointments (Google and Outlook) into the Outlook calendar. I do not want this. If you are going to offer multiple calendars, there needs to be a way to pick and choose what you want to sync in DM. I really do not care if they all show under the same calendar on the device, there just needs to be a way to keep these separate going back to the computer. I have read thread after thread, here on the BB fourms and every site I could. It seems as many want the same thing I do and I cannot believe there is not a more intuitive way to do this.
    11-25-08 10:37 PM
    I know this thread is really old but I really don't want to start a new thread when this one asks the question I need but no real answer. (people get fiesty about doing that on here). Am I understanding correctly that there is NO way to have multiple calendars on you berry and have it sync only ONE with desktop manager? I am not brave enough to try it and risk messing up my calendar!
    01-28-09 12:22 PM
    I know this thread is really old but I really don't want to start a new thread when this one asks the question I need but no real answer. (people get fiesty about doing that on here). Am I understanding correctly that there is NO way to have multiple calendars on you berry and have it sync only ONE with desktop manager? I am not brave enough to try it and risk messing up my calendar!
    Correct. DM appears to sync every calendar on your BB into one on outlook.
    01-28-09 12:56 PM
    This is just frustrating. I have two email accounts associated with my BB and it shows two "calendars" on the device. I want one to work with Gsync and one to work with only my work outlook calendar. There has to be a way to do this. (I don't want cross syncing.)
    02-18-09 01:12 AM
    Once again, ancient thread, but being able to do this would be nice.
    12-04-10 05:20 PM
    I am having the opposite problem. I have 2 separate Outlook calendars and DM only syncs 1 to the device.

12-07-10 10:38 PM
    In setup, advanced, calendar tab - you can map all the calendars to sync.

12-07-10 10:40 PM
    Thanks for the reply, especially since it doesn't help your problem. But I have no calendar tab. I am running OS 5 on a Curve 2. I only have wi-fi, e-mail and bluetooth setup options.

Any other insights? Thanks.

12-07-10 10:59 PM
    Do you have Desktop Manager 6? The setup is in there, not on the BlackBerry

12-07-10 11:01 PM
    Yes I do have DM 6 and I did check that first, but can find no setup option. Just Device options and Tools dropdown menus, neither of which have any calendar options.

12-07-10 11:43 PM
    Hey I found it and it worked! THANKS MUCH for your help man!

12-07-10 11:57 PM

Thanks buddy for our solution. I have successfully implemented solution as mentioned by you. But now i face problem appointments from another calendar get mixed with default calendar i.e. if i select second calendar view in BB i cant see them but i am able to see them in my default calendar. Do you have any solution???

Thanks in Advance.
    10-01-11 12:27 PM
    Thanks buddy for our solution. I have successfully implemented solution as mentioned by you. But now i face problem appointments from another calendar get mixed with default calendar i.e. if i select second calendar view in BB i cant see them but i am able to see them in my default calendar. Do you have any solution???

Thanks in Advance.
    Consider another approach that works well for me. I have 2 outlook accounts and calendars (MS corporate Exchange servers). My company and a client where I provide staff extension services. I created 2 Gmail accounts and then use Goog sync to sync the corporate calendars into the respective accounts. Then I use the Goog acct tied to my company asrimary and allow it to see and display the client calendar. Then I use Goog calendar sync for BB to the primary gmail acct calendarto my BB calendar. In the optionsyou can choose to display both calendars.

To avoid sync issues where a sync error could erase my company or calendar events, I sync 1-way so changes can only move from Outlook for the respective account to that Goog account. I use the BB to display rather than change appts.

10-01-11 03:13 PM
    Consider another approach that works well for me. I have 2 outlook accounts and calendars (MS corporate Exchange servers). My company and a client where I provide staff extension services. I created 2 Gmail accounts and then use Goog sync to sync the corporate calendars into the respective accounts. Then I use the Goog acct tied to my company asrimary and allow it to see and display the client calendar. Then I use Goog calendar sync for BB to the primary gmail acct calendarto my BB calendar. In the optionsyou can choose to display both calendars.

To avoid sync issues where a sync error could erase my company or calendar events, I sync 1-way so changes can only move from Outlook for the respective account to that Goog account. I use the BB to display rather than change appts.

I don't have gmail accounts only other ISP accounts.

I did map my all my outlook calendars to the corresponding bbm calendars on BBM Desktop Manager (DTM). The sync from the corresponding BBM Calendars did not work, except for the calendar I marked 'default' in DTM. None of the other BBM calendars synced to their corresponding Outlook calendars.

Each of the outlook calendar events did sync to the default bbm calendar on the device, but not their corresponding BBM calendars on the device . Not quite what I wanted, but I do have all my events on the default bbm calendar on the device.

Wish I could find a way to sync the device's corresponding 'non default' calendar events to their corresponding outlook calendars. Any thoughts anyone?
    10-17-11 02:11 AM

Okay, almost same exact problem as OP, I think.
    I use Outlook at work. (BIS not BES, so syncing is done through DM6)
    I have a personal gmail account with three calendars.
    1) The main calendar
    2) Boy -A
    3) Boiz B-D (blended family, I know, TMI)

I want to view my work Outlook calendar on my BB and sync that back and forth through DM6.
    But, I want to synch my gmail calendars between "the cloud" and my BB w/ Google sync WITHOUT having my gmail stuff show up in Outlook.

If I set Default Calendar to my work account on my BB, that syncs fine, but Google sync won't download the gmail stuff to my BB.

If I set Default Calendar to my gmail account, then everything gets sync'd which I don't want.

If I go to the Calendar Advanced tab in DM6, it lets me choose which calendar on my laptop (Outlook) to sync from, but I don't see an option for which calendar on my BB to sync to/from.

Make sense?
    11-09-11 10:27 AM
    Yeah.
    DM will only sync to the default folder. Which sucks.

11-09-11 12:01 PM
    Yeah.
    DM will only sync to the default folder. Which sucks.

But that's what I want, I think. Can I get google sync to my calendar if it's not the default.

I wonder if using the native sync through email set up will solve my problem....
    11-09-11 12:18 PM
    I don't think so.

11-09-11 12:41 PM
    So far this seems to work. It's ugly, but better than nothing.
    We have Work account and Gmail account.
    BIS, OS6, DM6, Win XP
    1) Delete all calendars from your BB with DM6 (do your backups, etc...)

2) Set your Default Calendar on your BB to whatever your work account is.

3) Sync with Outlook through DM6

4) Set your Default Calendar on your BB to your gmail account

5) Install google sync and choose which calendars you want to sync

6) Run google sync.

7) When you want to sync your Outlook/work calendar appointments between your BB and computer, change your Default Calendar to your "work" account and run DM6. As far as I can tell, it will not sync your gmail information, so you won't clutter Outlook with gmail appts.

8) Change your Default Calendar back to gmail when you're done, so google sync will continue to work.

9) Calendar appointments on your BB will show up as two different colors, one for Outlook/work account and one for gmail.

10) I didn't change any settings for contacts since that was less of an issue for me.

Hope that helps.
    11-09-11 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD