So our phones/tablets have definitely taken a chunk out of the dedicated gaming device market and I honestly don't see it stopping till its almost completely killed off aside from my some hardcare gamers. There is going to be masssive growth in developing countries in gaming and they will likely skip the whole dedicated gaming platform category (I do realise even now in countries considered to be developing there are people who do have dedicated gaming platforms I'm just talking comparatively to markets like NA they are likely a small portion). K. That was a bit of a tangent. So my question is,

How much cross platform gaming do you think we will see with our devices? Is there much now? Any examples? Which platforms provide it and which games?

I think RIM is awesome for developing Gameplay and acquiring scoreloop and keeping in cross platform. I feel like the gaming industry is set to explode worldwide as the average person globally will likely be carrying a device capable of what we now consider console type gaming.

Wouldn't it be awesome if your group of friends come over and you can all use your devices to play a game, either as controllers, maybe in a trivia type game, or as their own view in a FPS game, or to call plays in Madden (reminds me of sega dreamcast). I see so many possibilities and the only limit is our imaginations.

The adoption of HTML5 or Gameplay by developers could create big inroads to us being able to buy any device and then being able to play any of our friends

So do you think our devices will further support better crossplatform gaming or will it stay somewhat segregated.?
    11-17-12 12:09 AM
    How much cross platform gaming do you think we will see with our devices? Is there much now? Any examples? Which platforms provide it and which games?
    Jezuz....... I guess you've never heard of stuff like Words With Friends or Draw With Me. Pretty much whatever game Zynga makes also foots the bill. EA is also getting in on the action. Their latest mobile Madden game is cross platform. Social games have been around for years. Mafia type games were introduced with the iPhone 3G.
    11-17-12 12:52 AM