After watching today's apple's live event, I am very much disappointed with the apple watch, so much speculation so much hype behind this product, in my opinion they couldn't do it in their style. Many would probably like it, I just didn't. Apple's design was always considered amongst the top ones, be it ipod, ipad, iphone5, air but apple watch surely not. They can still sell millions of it I know but as a fan of good product design this time they (apple) failed.

So who can do it now, already moto360 revealed, lg also coming with a round watch very soon, these two are very appealing designs than apple's. But but I want the passport guy John Chen to win this race, he can do it. Bring it on BlackBerry please. I wish on 24th September, there is a BlackBerry Passport and a BlackBerry Visa ( my imaginary name BlackBerry Watch) getting revealed side by side.

Disclaimer: I am a huge fan of BlackBerry, that doesn't mean I hate apple, its only my view on their watch announcement today, I am a big fan of their ipods, ipads )

Posted via CB10
    Iblamesummers, asd7 and Anthony_2u like this.
    09-09-14 02:23 PM
    No worry. Just find John Chen two billions in investment cash and BBRY will do it.
    09-09-14 02:29 PM
    I think BlackBerry's best opportunity is to partner with either MetaWatch or Pebble, both of whom have some history and connection to BB.

Pebble, in particular, has got to be feeling really vulnerable right now.
    09-09-14 02:30 PM
    Not gonna happen dude.

Must admit, the Apple Watch looks amazing.
    09-09-14 02:31 PM
    After watching today's apple's live event, I am very much disappointed with the apple watch, so much speculation so much hype behind this product, in my opinion they couldn't do it in their style. Many would probably like it, I just didn't. Apple's design was always considered amongst the top ones, be it ipod, ipad, iphone5, air but apple watch surely not. They can still sell millions of it I know but as a fan of good product design this time they (apple) failed.

So who can do it now, already moto360 revealed, lg also coming with a round watch very soon, these two are very appealing designs than apple's. But but I want the passport guy John Chen to win this race, he can do it. Bring it on BlackBerry please. I wish on 24th September, there is a BlackBerry Passport and a BlackBerry Visa ( my imaginary name BlackBerry Watch) getting revealed side by side.

Disclaimer: I am a huge fan of BlackBerry, that doesn't mean I hate apple, its only my view on their watch announcement today, I am a big fan of their ipods, ipads )

Posted via CB10
    Would love to see a render of a BB watch. but I am not sold to the concept of a smart watch. I bet no one will talk about these after 3 years. Same with the netbooks. i just don't see the need for the masses, beside being chic. But lets see. It's nice to see how Apple will do here.
    09-09-14 02:35 PM
    Smart watches don't seem like anyone over 45 would be able to use it easily. My Mom already has her iphone font set to large so she doesn't need to use reading glasses.

I think I am fine with just a regular watch.
    acovey and Anthony_2u like this.
    09-09-14 02:39 PM
    Look at all the apps already on AndroidWear and the partners announced with iWatch. None of that will be available to BB so no, smartwatch is a terribad idea.
    09-09-14 02:40 PM
    True but it's always an uncertainty. If you see sonys smart watch came long back but hardly sold. I had the same thoughts as your's regarding smartwatches till I saw moto360, and LGs coming soon model, they have the potential to change the market I think, just like ipod did years back.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 02:41 PM
    Look at all the apps already on AndroidWear and the partners announced with iWatch. None of that will be available to BB so no, smartwatch is a terribad idea.
    Yes but people currently using pebble with BlackBerry, I think they are happy using it, without so many apps. What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 02:43 PM
    Android wear compatibility would be a ++ for BlackBerry in 10.3.1, to my understanding once you're logged in to google services using the hack, then it will just be a companion.

Who knows, but that's what I want, so am not limited to just one or two.

Oh moving this to general.

Sent from my White Q10 using Tapatalk
    diegonei and Prannoy Sarkar like this.
    09-09-14 02:45 PM
    Maybe I've missed it but I think smartwatches are just useless, a watch to me is something I use to read the time on and of course some are pieces made in heaven (Rolex, Breitling, IWC ).

The technology for smartwatches isn't really there yet I mean all of them have to be paired with your phone and they don't provide anything your phone can't do hence the poor sales.
    09-09-14 02:47 PM
    Not gonna happen dude.

Must admit, the Apple Watch looks amazing.
    Surely it must be amazing, Apple is always amazingly brilliant with their products, but I can bet very soon we will see a second generation apple watch with much much more amazing looks, like the iPhone 5s design was a statement in itself.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 02:48 PM
    Another apple item to charge 3 times a day? No thanks.

Posted via CB10
    moegh and Anthony_2u like this.
    09-09-14 02:53 PM
    Another apple item to charge 3 times a day? No thanks.

Posted via CB10
    One of my gripes with "smart"watches in general.
    09-09-14 02:55 PM
    Nobody needs a watch that allows you to send/receive texts/email/phone calls. Unless of course it's the power rangers communicator.
    09-09-14 02:56 PM
    I stopped wearing a watch because the time is on my phone. Everything else is ALSO on my phone. Why would I wear a watch that you HAVE to have your phone to be able to use. That's like wearing on pair of shoes, but also carrying a pair of shoes. Not "just in case" but "in addition to". Why? Stupid.
    09-09-14 02:59 PM
    Nobody needs a watch that allows you to send/receive texts/email/phone calls. Unless of course it's the power rangers communicator.
    Lol. You surely won't buy a smart watch.
    Whats your take on google glass?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 02:59 PM
    I stopped wearing a watch because the time is on my phone. Everything else is ALSO on my phone. Why would I wear a watch that you HAVE to have your phone to be able to use. That's like wearing on pair of shoes, but also carrying a pair of shoes. Not "just in case" but "in addition to". Why? Stupid.
    Even though I readily say that a SmartWatch isn't high on my list of wanted gadgets right now, I can think of a couple uses... heath monitoring, discrete notifications, etc.

When I'm at home, I tend to leave my device on the wireless charger. Having a SmartWatch for quick data entry etc could be useful.

But, yes, the need for the device to be present somewhat obscures the effectiveness for me.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-09-14 03:04 PM
    Valid.
    Worst part is for Apple watch you will also need iphone 5 or above. Thats like $1000 to be able to use that watch.
    Whereas today only KTM RC390 launched here at equal to price of $3000.
    What a world we live in.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:04 PM
    Maybe I've missed it but I think smartwatches are just useless, a watch to me is something I use to read the time on and of course some are pieces made in heaven (Rolex, Breitling, IWC ).

The technology for smartwatches isn't really there yet I mean all of them have to be paired with your phone and they don't provide anything your phone can't do hence the poor sales.
    I think people who spend a lot of time behind the wheel will come to appreciate them. The idea of a device that will give me quick notifications with minimal distraction is appealing.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    09-09-14 03:06 PM
    I think people who spend a lot of time behind the wheel will come to appreciate them. The idea of a device that will give me quick notifications with minimal distraction is appealing.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    Good point.
    09-09-14 03:09 PM
    The wearables are here to stay. People saying they don't need a smartwatch. Reminded me people that said they don't need an smartphone.

BlackBerry will lose lots of ground by not having a smartwatch that is designed for BlackBerry.

Just some notes of what I do with my smartwatch.

- my phone is always kept on silence mode and I can see all my notifications in a very discrete way.
    -if I forget my phone somewhere. My watch tells me (out of range). It has happened 3 times already and my watch has alerted me.
    -if I connect my phone to bluetooth speakers. I can control the volume, change, pause, stop songs from my watch without touching my phone.
    -getting daily or breaking news on your watch is awesome as you don't need to reply to those (why to grab your phone).

And there are way more uses and this is with a pebble that has been tricked to work on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:15 PM

Also here. My Patek Philippe and Rolex? You can't beat that with an iWatch. It is a masterpiece
    09-09-14 03:15 PM
    The wearables are here to stay. People saying they don't need a smartwatch. Reminded me people that said they don't need an smartphone.

BlackBerry will lose lots of ground by not having a smartwatch that is designed for BlackBerry.

Just some notes of what I do with my smartwatch.

- my phone is always kept on silence mode and I can see all my notifications in a very discrete way.
    -if I forget my phone somewhere. My watch tells me (out of range). It has happened 3 times already and my watch has alerted me.
    -if I connect my phone to bluetooth speakers. I can control the volume, change, pause, stop songs from my watch without touching my phone.
    -getting daily or breaking news on your watch is awesome as you don't need to reply to those (why to grab your phone).

And there are way more uses and this is with a pebble that has been tricked to work on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Perfect. Good points.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:19 PM
    Smart watches are still a niche play; so BlackBerry should just focus on perfecting what they are good at.
    BernFlo and TeaBoy like this.
    09-09-14 03:26 PM
219 123 ...