For a while, I was able to sign onto MSN Messenger on my Tour using my main Hotmail account. All the sudden, I can't login and I get "Unexpected Server Error, please try again later" on my phone. However, I can sign onto MSN on my laptop using that same account and have no problems.

I decided to sign onto my secondary MSN account on my laptop. When I signed it, it said my main account was actually logged into my phone, even though its obviously not. I also tried using my secondary account and signed in on my phone with no problems as well.

I've gone through the main account's settings and everything on my actual Hotmail account and to no avail, still cannot sign on MSN messenger on my phone. Any ideas as to why?
    08-01-10 01:10 PM
    I had this problem, with me it was because I had left it signed on too long, and it got confused. I find that if I leave it for a while, and do a battery pull, i can the login successfully.
    08-01-10 01:12 PM
    I'm trying a battery pull right now. here's to hoping!
    08-01-10 01:21 PM
    nope. no luck. what the heck!
    08-01-10 01:48 PM
    I assume you are using the latest version of the Windows Live Messenger app?
    08-01-10 01:49 PM
    yup. i have absolutely no idea whats going on with it.
    08-01-10 01:55 PM
    Do you still have the WLM Service Book? Try going to Options > Advanced Options > Service Books, and look for WLM 2.1 [BBIMConfig]
    08-01-10 01:58 PM
    yeah, the service book is still there.
    08-01-10 02:05 PM
    Have you tried signing in on the phone, while you are signed in on your laptop?
    08-01-10 02:11 PM
    yup. and it will sign me off my laptop, but never sign my into the messenger on my phone. thats why i it get the 'unexpected server' message.
    08-01-10 02:18 PM
    I am not sure then How long do you leave it between trying to login on the phone? I found when I had the problem, that it wouldn't let me login if i tried about every 10 minutes, but i gave up and left it for an hour or so and it let me in then.
    08-01-10 02:23 PM
    usually, i could just sign into the phone whenever and it would work. ive left overnight before and even when i try to sign in in the morning, it still wont work.
    08-01-10 02:26 PM
    Perhaps you could try the Live Messenger Beta program, but you have to create a beta account with RIM.
    08-01-10 02:40 PM
    I have the same issue! With BB can't sign in and no problem with laptop. I'm afraid it's a bug!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 03:30 AM
    not sure why but mine is slow...
    08-02-10 03:44 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/wind...orking-506230/

How could soimebody miss this? Right below it...

08-02-10 08:18 AM
    I have the same issue! With BB can't sign in and no problem with laptop. I'm afraid it's a bug!

/could be a bug... Im trying to logon with my account and it shows the "unexpected message".. then i tried with my mom's account and it logon perfectly... Maybe some email or cookies, or i dont know!!! I want my MSN back!!! HEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPP

08-02-10 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD