Well ive done some extensive searching and have found some good clients for MSN over the internet however i was wondering if there are any that work over wifi...im trying to avoid using internet as data pakcages are pretty expensive up here and id prefer not to do anything over text as i can already do that...is there anything with a GUI more similar to windows live messenger?

Thanks!
    03-03-08 02:52 PM
    Only option at this point would be to use the latest beta of JiveTalk (v1.04). It is not a free app, but it is highly recommended by everyone.
    03-03-08 03:52 PM
    Well ive done some extensive searching and have found some good clients for MSN over the internet however i was wondering if there are any that work over wifi...im trying to avoid using internet as data pakcages are pretty expensive up here and id prefer not to do anything over text as i can already do that...is there anything with a GUI more similar to windows live messenger?

Thanks!
    I use yahooIM and email over wifi. No plan,no cost.
    03-03-08 10:10 PM
    yeah only thing is i have over 200 people on live messenger so yahoo wont work..
    03-03-08 10:27 PM
    How do you get yahoo to work over wifi, what settings are you using?
    03-04-08 03:48 AM
    Yeah ant17, when I go on vacation I will need to use yahoo mobile messenger over wifi, what's the secret?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-08 04:12 AM
    Yeah ant17, when I go on vacation I will need to use yahoo mobile messenger over wifi, what's the secret?

I have wifi preferred as my setting, and just went to yahoo.com, from there I can chose mail, messenger.

Never installed anything. works like a charm. NO plan.
    03-04-08 06:30 AM
    Huh...nice! good info thanks ant17!

03-04-08 06:55 AM
    I recommend the Beta of JiveTalk.

If you Google; CrackBerry jivetalk coupon

There's a thread that'll get yo $5 off.

03-04-08 07:12 AM
    I have wifi preferred as my setting, and just went to yahoo.com, from there I can chose mail, messenger.

Never installed anything. works like a charm. NO plan.

it's the same for msn web messenger.
    just go to mobile.msn.com then choose messenger.
    03-23-08 08:39 PM
    it's the same for msn web messenger.
    just go to mobile.msn.com then choose messenger.
    I don't have messenger on either my pc or BB, so I can't say.
    03-23-08 09:59 PM
    Yeah but the msn from mobile.msn.com is really, um, weird. I used it once over my Nokia N70 and I couldn't even tell when someone was chatting with me. If I could remember correctly, you have to refresh all the time to receive chats.

04-01-08 07:30 PM
    Yeah but the msn from mobile.msn.com is really, um, weird. I used it once over my Nokia N70 and I couldn't even tell when someone was chatting with me. If I could remember correctly, you have to refresh all the time to receive chats.

Jo Jo,

Have u tried it with a BB?
    04-01-08 08:21 PM
    No...but on my way to do so since you've peaked my curiousity

04-01-08 08:25 PM
    Yep...still the same as in my Nokia N70 only that on the BB it refreshes on its own. Just a list of names...not nice. Specially when you're used to the real msn messenger or even Jivetalk.

04-01-08 08:32 PM
    Thanks for the report.

I have YIM, and it works well, didn't have MSN to try.

I know that I go to some sites that are not optimized for for mobile browsing, and others have a mirror, just for mobile.

Does MSN have such a mirror?
    04-01-08 08:36 PM
    msn works on my data less blackberry service, but facebook does not, weird. any clue as to why this is happenning
    06-08-09 10:58 AM
    wel there are some third party applications like the one i'l like to mention NIMBUZZ it is free and u can sign in multiple services like msn yahoo at once but for me it do connects sumtimes but simply unable to connect the othr... you can get it dirctly to ur BB from getjar n tel if works for u guys...

09-15-09 05:37 AM
    (5 months later...)

Hello all,

Nimbuzz is currently not supported for OS 5.0.

Do you know if there is any other free messaging app that works on OS 5.0.0.4xx?

Thanks
    02-19-10 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD