03-28-10 10:26 PM
38 12
tools
    Maaannnnnn I read that whole freakin thing, well up until the RODGERS part. Come on man clarify in the title what this is for.. "How to.......... on Rodgers!! Works Gr....!!! "
    07-11-08 11:41 PM
    Even though it says for rogers it worked on my device and for others as well on other providers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 01:50 AM
    Doesn't work on my 8120 with the 4.5 os on the o2 network. Device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Windows Live Messenger.
    This now works happily on O2-UK. Got version Windows MSN version 2.1.36, downloaded the service book from the link, restored it to my Pearl and resent my service books.. worked like a charm and I logged into MSN no problem.

Thanks v.much for the guide
    08-27-08 02:13 PM
    Doesn't work on my 8120 with the 4.5 os on the o2 network. Device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Windows Live Messenger.
    What he said but on a subsidary of o2's network. (O2 Branded Pearl because o2 send their phones to my carrier.
    08-27-08 03:41 PM
    i've downloaded it fine, but whenever i try to sign in it tells me my email address or password is invalid even when i've entered it correctly repeatedly.....any help?
    08-28-08 07:05 AM
    Hmmm from the replies it looks like this does NOT work on most carriers!
    08-28-08 07:50 AM
    Yeah doesnt wok for me either.

Same here!!!
    08-28-08 10:10 AM
    I have the 8330 and WLM works great I love its so much better than BB messenger. My text are not received some time.

JP

08-28-08 11:40 PM
    Ok, i can give jivetalk a rest now. So it finally worked for me, even restoring the service books from page 1 worked. My question now is, i do not have data plan....is msn working off of my Wi-Fi or taking from my messages.?
    09-03-08 02:28 AM
    very easy to follow just download the ipd and restore to fone. resend my service books from host routing table. I thought i'd never use WLM and aim on unlockd 8310
    10-01-08 12:33 AM
    Stupid question but why use this method?

What's wrong with the official download of msn that you get through RIM's website?

10-01-08 12:53 AM
    Ok ive done everything until my BB requesting the replacement of my current version of WLM (which I have no idea what this is)
    what are service books and how do I do this?
    I also want to set up my BB email so i can get my hotmail on there, Ive tried but nothings working. I do not have my BB email set up either and I dont know how...

HELP!

Follow this guide and you will be able to use MSN Messenger on your BlackBerry.

Know Not To Work On ATT

I'm running 4.5.0.44 on an 8800

DO NOT MODIFY THE ALX OF THE MSN FILE AS I SUGGESTED EARLIER, USE THIS METHOD INSTEAD.

1)
    If already installed from 4.5+ you will have Windows Live Messenger software version 2.0.46 (aprox.)

The latest available version is 2.1.32, You will be able to download the latest version to use on your blackberry, by following step 2.

2)
    By directing your BlackBerry browser here:
    blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=wlm20

You will bypass the verification, and you will be able to install the latest version on your device.

Your device will request that you replace the currently installed version of WLM to 2.1+ once this is

Completed and your device is reset. you will need the service books in order to use this app.

found here:
    rapidshare.com/files/126185420/Service_Books_by_ranxoren.ipd.html

3) You must restore the backup .ipd file downloaded in step 2, using your blackberry desktop software.

4) Once this is completed Login to your bis account
    bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=rogers

And resend your service books.

5) Once your device is completed receiving your service books, run the MSN app, and type your login info.

once you click connect you will be prompted with a terms of use agreement, if you've reached this far, you will be able to use the app once you accept the terms, have fun.

6) Create a backup of your entire blackberry device.

Any issues pin me: 205d3d34
    01-02-09 12:20 PM
    up and running man!!! thank you!
    03-28-10 10:26 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD