I am new to the world of BB. Ive been waiting to get involved until I need to and with this sweet phone coming out I now have a reason lol. (and I won one and am not just going to sell it so I might as well use it!

My question is this:

I downloaded the simulator. I haave also read all of the features on the phone online. I have already questioned and been told what ones I will or would need to pay extra for (GPS, VZNav) but I have read these things have the capability to deal with MS office docs, and looking through the simulator I dont see where this would occur. Is THIS an EXTRA charge too?

Am I missing any other "extra" charges that I will need to actually be able to "use" the phone besides my $30/month for data?

Please let me know
    11-14-08 04:11 PM
    There are free nav programs like Nav4All. If you get a BB with 4.6 OS you will have what you need to view Office docs and modify (limitations). You can not go wrong getting a Bold or Storm depending who your vendor is IE AT&T/Verizon etc.
    11-14-08 06:07 PM
    4.5 (new OS for Curves, Pearls), 4.6 (Bold and Flip), and 4.7 (Storm) all have the ability to edit Word and Excel docs (for free). It's basically a free trial with limited features that never expires. You can buy the software for I think $40 to $50 depending on how much functionality you need and there are sales from time to time.
    11-14-08 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD