Just saw MS marketing of Internet Explorer aimed at Asians. I have to say it is very creative and well done. This is creative marketing at work. Yes some people will think it isn't, and some will agree. I'm not saying BlackBerry should come up with an anime character but to be creative enough to come up with something people can relate to instead of people with elephant legs dumping a slew of rubber duckies onto the road. I hope that the interim CEO will change the company back on to its feet again.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 09:04 AM
    Just saw MS marketing of Internet Explorer aimed at Asians. I have to say it is very creative and well done. This is creative marketing at work. Yes some people will think it isn't, and some will agree. I'm not saying BlackBerry should come up with an anime character but to be creative enough to come up with something people can relate to instead of people with elephant legs dumping a slew of rubber duckies onto the road. I hope that the interim CEO will change the company back on to its feet again.

Posted via CB10
    He first has to have a product to market that his target audience will be able to use.

The question is who will their target audience be..... If is is enterprise only, mass media might not be the answer.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-08-13 09:51 AM
    I agree, but that is the thing. BlackBerry doesn't seem to have been doing a good job with the marketing. I felt that the marketing campaign was a failure. A lot of people I know asked me if I were marketing for BlackBerry because I had to explain and show them what it can do. But I think BlackBerry should have tried to rebuild it's image before leaving the task to the customer. Get started with good marketing and use various tools to target the appropriate audience. Just because it was made for corporate users doesn't mean it can't be marketed to others.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 12:03 PM
    Meet Inori Aizawa. A bit silly, but cute nonetheless.
    Attached Thumbnails MS IE marketing....-inori_zirong_streets.jpg  
    11-08-13 12:23 PM
    BB character Mr Rob Robert an accountant who spends half the day on a toilet drinking coffee. And wears a blue dress shirt with black slacks.
    h20work likes this.
    11-08-13 01:20 PM
    As I said, it targets a specific audience. Sailor Moon stole many girls hearts, this may steal enough youngsters that it would be a norm to have when older. Besides the anime scene is quite active for many people. As for the boring BlackBerry character lol. Again, it's only boring because it has been made to look this way. BlackBerry has to change people's perception before they can expect their own black sheep to market it for them.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 07:24 PM
    Not the first time they've done this.

In Japan, Microsoft's Take on Windows 7 Has Been...Different

They've even made a hamburger to celebrate Windows 7.

Burger King selling a Windows 7 Whopper in Japan
    11-08-13 07:29 PM
    bb character mr rob robert an accountant who spends half the day on a toilet drinking coffee. And wears a blue dress shirt with black slacks.
    HEY, THAT'S ME!
    11-08-13 10:00 PM