My wife's employer is using Communicator 2007 for their IM but will not support it on Smart Phones for remote employees. She DOES have BES email on her phone (8830) but I get the "cannot connect to server" when using the BB Enterprise Messenger. They do have the web client active, but on the BB browser this hangs. I downloaded both versions of Opera and they at least get to a login page, but this page requires pop-ups to be allowed and there is no enabling of pop-ups in Opera. Co-workers are able to use the web client on an iPhone. I'm running out of work arounds. It's either try to bribe the help desk (not too likely) or buy an iPhone (sigh). Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    02-25-10 08:32 AM
    After reading about 5 times I'm still not sure what you are trying to achieve. However, ISTM the logical solution is that the employer should provide a compatible phone for business purposes, and it is their problem to make it work.
    02-25-10 09:21 AM
    I think he is trying to get to a web-based im chat service using the blackberry.
    Did you try enabling Java on the default browser?
    Or BOLT?

Either way, good luck with it, I am not sure it can really be done the way we have BBs today...
    02-25-10 12:56 PM
    Thanks for the BOLT suggestion. Same success (or lack thereof) as with Opera. The page I'm directed to says the browser must be set to allow pop-ups. Seem to be no browser's with the option. Yes, I've enabled Java and tried all the emulation modes with the native BB Browser.

Yes, I quite agree that it should be up to her company to resolve this, but at the moment it is my creativity vs. their stubbornness.
    02-25-10 02:28 PM
    Perhaps the upcoming webkit browser will make it possible? Cross your fingers. For now, just tweak the browser options, but it does not sound promising.
    02-25-10 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD