I have a few songs I purchased in Itunes that I converted to MP3. But when I moved them to my Curve 3G, only 1 minute of the song played. So, all my songs show they are 1 minute in length and that is all I can play. I also tried moving the Itunes version of the song to the Curve and that didn't work either. How can I get them to my Curve in full length?
    02-13-11 05:27 PM
    You sure the conversion software did the entire song? Try listening to the mp3 on your comp.
    02-13-11 05:53 PM
    You sure the conversion software did the entire song? Try listening to the mp3 on your comp.
    WOW! You are correct. It only converted one minute. Never would have thought of that. Thanks.
    Ok, how can I get the Itunes converted to the full song length? I still have the original purchased songs in my Itunes library.

Is it possible?
    02-13-11 06:25 PM
    WOW! You are correct. It only converted one minute. Never would have thought of that. Thanks.
    Ok, how can I get the Itunes converted to the full song length? I still have the original purchased songs in my Itunes library.

Is it possible?
    That's Apple for you!

Download "Audacity" to your computer. Also download the "Lame MP3 encoder" You can then play the files with iTunes and record them at the same time with Audacity and the export them to an MP3 file.

Don't know about the legalities of this method but it's no different from copying songs to tape like we all did in days gone by.
    02-13-11 07:28 PM
    iTunes should be able to convert within itself. Mine does, at least.

Then, go to your actual music files on the Harddrive and use those and drag/drop, rather than from within iTunes.
    02-13-11 07:30 PM
    I can't seem to get anything to work. Can anyone help me???
    02-15-11 09:33 AM
    Ahh good old iTunes.
    Suggestion #1...Never use iTunes. ok, I got that out of the way.

Did iTunes attach a DRM to the songs preventing them from fully converting to MP3?
    02-15-11 09:37 AM
    It said it was protected.
    (Where should I get my music?)
    02-15-11 09:46 AM
    I only have 85 songs, if that makes a difference in what I may or may not be able to do.
    02-15-11 09:49 AM
    I don't purchase many songs over the internet. I like going out to buy CDs and then converting those to MP3.
    But, when I do buy over the internet I like getting music from Amazon. When you guy from Amazon they are already in MP3 format adn I've never had one copy protested (DRM).
    If they have DRMs attached you will need to find software that will remove the DRM before you can convert it to MP3.
    02-15-11 09:55 AM
    Yup, I buy all my music from Amazon MP3. No DRM restrictions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 10:27 AM
    You can download MP3s from iTunes, I've done it before.

You can also burn the purchased songs to a CD then rip them from a different program (my personal favorite is AudioGrabber) then they'll be DRM free and MP3.

02-15-11 10:42 AM
    You can download MP3s from iTunes, I've done it before.

You can also burn the purchased songs to a CD then rip them from a different program (my personal favorite is AudioGrabber) then they'll be DRM free and MP3.

So, once I have them on a cd, I need to find a program that will rip them?

Can anyone tell me what that means?
    02-19-11 04:47 PM
    Ok, I have my cd in the computer and Itunes open.

Would anybody be so kind as to give me step by step instructions on how to get my Itunes songs onto a cd and then how to get them in full MP3 format from the cd?

How will I know how many songs I can fit on a cd?
    I have 85 songs.

Thank you!!!
    02-19-11 04:54 PM
    zanix- perhaps i'm missing something but do you have desktop manager 6 installed? if so just open media sync and let it do the work for you. i use iTunes and also amazon. Literally (step by step):
    buy the song from itunes
    move it to a playlist
    open BB desktop mgr
    go to music and check off the playlists, genres, songs, etc that you want on your BB
    sync all (syncs music plus your organizer data)
    OR
    click on music check off the stuff you want and sync

Presto! all my playlist and the songs are on my BB 9700 and they play (cover art included)
    Last edited by vecharo; 02-19-11 at 07:48 PM.
    02-19-11 07:41 PM
    No, I do not have the desktop manager downloaded. I will.

So, you are able to get the whole song that came from Itunes on your Blackberry and not just one minute of playback? That's good to hear. I will try tonight!

I had given up trying.

Thank you!!!
    02-22-11 10:55 AM
    zanix- perhaps i'm missing something but do you have desktop manager 6 installed? if so just open media sync and let it do the work for you. i use iTunes and also amazon. Literally (step by step):
    buy the song from itunes
    move it to a playlist
    open BB desktop mgr
    go to music and check off the playlists, genres, songs, etc that you want on your BB
    sync all (syncs music plus your organizer data)
    OR
    click on music check off the stuff you want and sync

Presto! all my playlist and the songs are on my BB 9700 and they play (cover art included)
    Ok, that did not work. Yes, my playlists are there, but they are shaded in grey and there is no option to check them off. Under "status" it says my songs are DRM protected. I have other things on there (audio books) and those I am able to check and the status says "supported" for those.

I guess there is NO WAY to get my 85 Itunes songs on my BB.

I will have to buy them all over again from Amazon.

Itunes stinks.
    02-22-11 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD