Hello, I'm a long time Blackberry user and would very much continue to be one. I've been using a Priv for the past 2 years. It's a very good phone but not without it's flaws. The keyboard wasn't as great as my old Q10 or Bold. Overheating has been an issue (often shutting down or restarting) and it's laggy at times.

I'm desperate to stick w/ BlackBerry and the only carrier I see right now is AT&T for the KeyOne. The KeyOne intrigues me and makes sense financially (I'd love a Key2 but can't afford it).

I guess what I'm looking for is guidance on whether or not this is a good move. Is they KeyOne *that* much better than the Priv? Soon enough, all carriers will cease to have BlackBerry as an option.

Any advice or suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers!
    12-10-18 06:34 PM
    I had a Priv. Currently rocking a DTEK50. If you go with a Keyone, spring for the Black Edition. With the recent upgrade to Oreo, it is a fine "older" device. They can be had for under $350 new. Otherwise, consider Key2 LE.
    12-11-18 09:32 AM
    Hello, I'm a long time Blackberry user and would very much continue to be one. I've been using a Priv for the past 2 years. It's a very good phone but not without it's flaws. The keyboard wasn't as great as my old Q10 or Bold. Overheating has been an issue (often shutting down or restarting) and it's laggy at times.

I'm desperate to stick w/ BlackBerry and the only carrier I see right now is AT&T for the KeyOne. The KeyOne intrigues me and makes sense financially (I'd love a Key2 but can't afford it).

I guess what I'm looking for is guidance on whether or not this is a good move. Is they KeyOne *that* much better than the Priv? Soon enough, all carriers will cease to have BlackBerry as an option.

Any advice or suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers!
    Aside from the screen and matte keys, yes the KEYone is much better than the Priv.

But the KEY2 LE is an even better option than the KEYone
    12-11-18 07:55 PM
    I had the PRIV and now have the KEYone Black Limited Edition. I love it. so much so that I have had no reason to upgrade to a KEY2. Gets a bit ridiculous to upgrade a phone each year IMO.
    nuffznuff likes this.
    12-11-18 08:12 PM
    I had the Priv, my wife and daughter use the KeyOne. The KeyOne is faster, especially with navigation and doesn't overheat. The keys are bigger and of course it comes with Oreo. Only the screen is better on the Priv. If you can grab a KeyOne for a good price, grab one. Or grab a KeyTwo LE.
    12-13-18 10:50 PM