Don't get me wrong I love the fact we get new BB phones, but when a keyOne is as good as it is to me it would not be the smartest move to release a key2 so soon I'm still very much in love with my keyone and don't need to upgrade any time soon and I use the silver edition. I say wait a good while to release the key2 and make premium upgrades to it! Don't just fix keyone issues and call it a key2! It should be much more than just a keyOne with upgrades! Take your time bb it's not like people are running to the stores for it anyway! Fall back and focus on quality
    05-09-18 08:40 PM
    I personally think the desire to get a new phone every few months is overrated and the fact that so many people buy into it speaks volumes about us as a society, and probably marketing schemes just to get consumer money. To me, it is also silly that a Key2 is coming out so quickly, but I guess they also want their share of the money that people are throwing around.
    05-09-18 09:09 PM
    I've never used a phone for less than two years, except for when I had a Nexus 4 for a few months and couldn't stand it, and gave it to a family member and bought my Q10.

I think mobile technology is past the "Moore's Law" point. Sure, specs and version numbers get incremented, but there's less and less you get with today's upgrades.

If anything I think the Key* series might be a bit of an exception as BlackBerry Mobile learns how to perfect the keyboard and other classic "BlackBerry" nuances with the first few generations. Although, BlackBerry users are not the ones who typically chase new shiny upgrades, we are more the type who want a workhorse device we can run until it dies.
    05-10-18 12:15 AM
    Almost every other OEM keeps putting out the next model barely a year after the previous one launched (sometimes it's even a question of months) so I don't know why we'd bash BB for making a sequel to the KEYone, especially when it didn't really look like a 2017 phone with the huge speaker grill and capacitive nav keys
    05-10-18 03:41 AM
    I didn't view it as bashing (bashing BlackBerry, TCL, BlackBerryMobile or whomever they are). I viewed it as "discussion". I think it's a healthy discussion to have (do we need a new Android based PKB BlackBerry device so soon after the Key1). I think some of the points raised thus far are interesting to hear. I am interested in hearing more.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-10-18 05:49 AM
    It’s simply a function of the business revenue model. A phone manufacturer needs to constantly make phones and sell them. Simply attempting to follow the same type strategy of their competitors.

Why does Burger King locate a new restaurant across from new McDonald’s location?
    05-10-18 06:00 AM