Hi guys!

I just moved to the Curve. I cant move contacts via SIM because its locked for some reason. So I now want to go the other route, which is apparently downloading from the phone to my computer and then upload to the Curve. I've seen various threads here showing how to upload to the Curve but nothing on how to download to the computer. Can anyone advise? The original phone is the LG Xenon.
    10-23-11 07:32 PM
    If you contact the carrier they can move them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 07:42 PM
    I'm not sure who you mean by carrier. My previous one was Fido. I'm now on Wind. Fido is not willing to help. I dont see how Wind could.
    10-23-11 08:07 PM
    Oh wow..

Honestly.. I think you may have to do it one by one. :/

10-23-11 08:46 PM
    I think you were right the first time DC, pretty sure the new carrier can transfer them into the new device.

10-23-11 08:57 PM
    Do a search on google for "backup and restore blackberry", I am pretty confident you will more hits that you can ever possibly read. But reading and learning is a wonderful thing.
    10-23-11 09:56 PM
    @ the OP. You cannot perform any type of back up and restore feature because you don't have the data on your new Curve to back up and restore in the first place. You are attempting to get this information transferred to your PC, and somehow restore it to your new curve, correct? Also, it (DTM) most certainly would not work with an LG Xenon device anyway. But, I am stating what you already know.

DeathCommand initially provided you the correct answer; however, you then posted that you switched carriers. Your previous carrier will not assist you in getting your contacts on another carrier's device after you left them. But again, I am most likely stating what you already know from your statement previously about Fido being no help.

From what I'm reading, I would have normally recommended using a Google email address prior to your departure from Fido, and syncing your contacts to the cloud, then restoring them to you new device. The problem is that (hindsight is 20/20-And correct me if I am wrong) it doesn't sound like you have done anything like that when you were still on Fido. It also sounds like your SIM card is still locked to Fido which is why it will not work for a Wind device. So, at this point it seems to me that DeathCommand provided you the only answer that seems feasible to me at this juncture. You have to do it one by one.

Can you turn the LG device on? If so, is the contact information resident in the device itself or on the SIM card? Unless you find a way to activate the old LG device, and extract the contact information from the device directly as per the user's manual there may be no other recourse.

Other than that I'm at a loss, and apologize for the fact that I never owned a LG device to tell you how to do it.

Hope this helps...
    10-23-11 10:32 PM
    Xenon Contacts Backup - LG Forum

I googled the LG Xenon it looks like getting the contacts off that phone was not an easy task

what you need to do if find out how to get the contacts off that phone onto your PC, once you do that then with your Curve and Desktop Manager you can just have the contacts taken form your Windows Address book and added to your Curve.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-23-11 10:42 PM
    what you need to do if find out how to get the contacts off that phone onto your PC...
    Exactly... All the rest is gravy...
    10-23-11 10:51 PM
    OK I've made some progress! Sorry about my absence, I was figuring things out here. So I called up LG. They said to send the contacts over via bluetooth. What a great idea!

So I paired the devices. Sent a couple over as a test. The pairing worked, my BB accepted the sent connections. Now the only problem is that after accepting it, I'm still not seeing the couple contacts I did move over. Now these contacts were sent in some kinda vcf file so I'm thinking there may be some kinda 'unzipping' procedure that needs to be done? Can anyone advise? I'd be grateful.
    10-30-11 03:19 PM