Telus has an open credit for me to get whatever device that I want. I don't need the best of the best, but something that has a camera, will edit Word or Excel files, and would survive in a construction environment. I haven't heard a lot about he Storm, and maybe wouldn't want something that fancy. I have heard that the full qwerty keypad is best - especially for me, the two fingered typist. Any suggestions / things to look out for / things to avoid?
    02-11-09 12:46 AM
    I would look into a 83xx series curve if you want the camera or an 8830 if you dont. They both support OS 4.5 which will give you documents 2 go. You'll have to serch the forums on how to edit the documents and stuff without paying for the full thing. But if you do pay for it, its worth it I have found. AHH the ever so trusty 87xx Welcome to CB by the way.
    02-11-09 12:53 AM
    I'd definitely look into getting a curve. The Storms not worth it imo, I'd avoid it.
    02-11-09 01:01 AM
    Well I didnt wanna outright say it but I'd have to agree with Fight on this one.
    02-11-09 01:04 AM
    I would look into a 83xx series curve if you want the camera or an 8830 if you dont. They both support OS 4.5 which will give you documents 2 go. You'll have to serch the forums on how to edit the documents and stuff without paying for the full thing. But if you do pay for it, its worth it I have found. AHH the ever so trusty 87xx Welcome to CB by the way.
    TYVM for the welcome. Lemme tell you, my wife isn't so happy that I got one. It's either this thing or a lap top. To keep on the edge and get the jobs, I have to be able to respond quick!..... Oh... I told her that we can all buy fast cars - it's whether we decide to shove the accelerator through the floor or not is what makes the difference. Besides, I'm typing on the PC now :OP
    02-11-09 01:18 AM
    i had an 8703e as my first bb and it was like a little tank, very tough
    i now have the 8330 curve and its *almost* as tough so it should be ok in construction

if not though you can always get an otterbox (sp?)
    "Otterbox"?
    02-11-09 01:19 AM
    Sounds like Curve is the way to go. Thx.
    02-11-09 01:20 AM
    Yea the curve might be the way to go. It will do what you need it to do. Dont plan on going swimming with it but youll be ok. lol .If wifey is complaining now...just wait till this Crackberry site gets to you. Gonna be you, a blackberry,and a laptop sleepin outside soon.
    02-11-09 01:32 AM
    Soon?!?! The only thing missing is the water in the hot tub and then I'm set. Come to think of it - the electrical panel is inside the house.
    02-11-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD