I was wondering what app I would have to use to watch movies on my Z10 that I have installed on my laptop?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 10:50 AM
    What format are the movies on your PC? Most common formats should play in the media player without additional software.
    07-15-13 10:55 AM
    I access it directly through the file manager.
    Movies-img_20130678.png

Posted via CB10
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-15-13 11:00 AM
    What format are the movies on your PC? Most common formats should play in the media player without additional software.

Freemake is free and easy to use.

Handbreak is also free.

But it is very possible that the Z10 will play the same format as your PC. But it also might not, or the file sizes might be larger than you want. No reason to put a 8GB HD Blueray Rip on your device when it isn't going to be able to utilize it - most of mine start at 4GB and Freemake converts them down to around 700MB. Freemake has a setting for the PlayBook - I just use that... don't think the aspect ratios are too different for the Z10. That said it would be nice if someone know what the settings should be.
    07-15-13 11:08 AM
    @scalemaster34 Right, but I didn't address those because they are converter and don't run on the BB OS. I thought the user was looking for an on device player. Now I'm thinking I may be off base a bit
    07-15-13 11:15 AM
    @scalemaster34 Right, but I didn't address those because they are converter and don't run on the BB OS. I thought the user was looking for an on device player. Now I'm thinking I may be off base a bit
    Could go either way...

For me my Verizon Z10 doesn't work on my wireless network unless I turn off Mobile Data Services - which seem to keep me from getting text messages (not sure what else I wouldn't get). So turning off Mobile Data Services just to be able to access files on my computer isn't something I do for an extend period of time. Copying files over is what I do, so that is what I assumed he might be asking for...
    07-15-13 11:47 AM
    I access it directly through the file manager.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130678.png 
Views:	485 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	182850

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to ask. Could you do a step by step?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 12:54 PM
    Sorry to ask. Could you do a step by step?

Posted via CB10
    How to access your PC files from your BlackBerry 10 device | CrackBerry.com

Look at the above info.

Require you to be running BlackBerry Link on your laptop/desktop. Once you have that running you should be able to access the files on your laptop... but if your like me on Verizon you'll find connecting requires turning off you Mobile Data Services.
    07-15-13 01:44 PM
    How to access your PC files from your BlackBerry 10 device | CrackBerry.com

Look at the above info.

Require you to be running BlackBerry Link on your laptop/desktop. Once you have that running you should be able to access the files on your laptop... but if your like me on Verizon you'll find connecting requires turning off you Mobile Data Services.
    Is that a known issue for Verizon devices? If so that sucks! I was at the local Starbucks when I posted that picture over LTE as the wife there was so slow.

What moves you, my Z10
    07-15-13 03:16 PM
    Is that a known issue for Verizon devices? If so that sucks! I was at the local Starbucks when I posted that picture over LTE as the wife there was so slow.

What moves you, my Z10
    Nothing worse then a slow wife.....hehe

Via my Commodore Vic 20
    07-16-13 11:42 AM
    Ha!

What moves you, my Z10 BBM Channel C000E8328
    07-16-13 11:58 AM
    I thought you needed to be on 10.1 and above to use file manager that way. Or was that maybe an update in link? Either way I can't remember lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:16 PM
    I thought you needed to be on 10.1 and above to use file manager that way. Or was that maybe an update in link? Either way I can't remember lol.

Posted via CB10
    I believe both, I had the ability in .2354 and now with .4543

What moves you, my Z10 BBM Channel C000E8328
    07-16-13 04:30 PM