Hi All

New to the forum and have encountered a problem with the size movies are displayed on my BB Torch 9800.

I have made several 'homemade' movies and put them all on my BB Torch. There has never been a problem with screen size until recently.

Did what I've always done and the latest have come out really quite small. The only way I can get these latest ones to full screen size is to convert them to 640 x 360 wide screen. Problem is they take up two and a half times more space!

The only difference with the latest movies are that the original material was from a new camera - Panasonic Lumix and made in Windows Live Moviemaker, but still published as a wmv file and then converted to mp4 320 x 240 for my BB, like all the previous ones.

I'm far from being a techie and can't sort it.

Any ideas anyone please?

Thanks
    02-16-13 07:24 AM
    Firstly, welcome to the forum!

Secondly, Windows Live Movie maker is the worst thing going. It's okay for little slideshows I guess, but for home movie making (at least) it's horrible. I bought Serif Movie Plus X5 because of it nearly crashing my computer with it's"encountered problems." Anyway, the size will be changed because of quality. The smaller you go, the more blurry a video will go, so the image has to downsize to give you a decent quality.
    02-16-13 07:32 AM
    Hi Crowezine

Thank you for the welcome.

It wasn't an easy process with WLMM (the earlier version 6 was more user friendly), but I got there in the end and with the same result. My real issue is that all my other movies were converted to 320 x 240 and are more than watchable on my BB.

The latest ones were made with the same material size but come out so much smaller. Am I missing something simple? Can this be remedied?
    02-16-13 07:38 AM
    Hi all

I found the solution. There's a free programme called DVD Catalyst 4. It lists a whole load of phones to convert your movie to play on. Did the trick. Full screen movies now!
    06-26-13 11:52 AM