If you have been using BBM for years you probably have received the "goodbye" message, stating that on May 31st, BBM services will be withdrawn and anything hosting on the service will cease to exist.

It was to little service to users to let them know that BlackBerry would be offering their corporate messaging services to consumers for a small fee of $5 a year. You can find this service in your Android and iOS app store under "BBMe" and the 'e' is for enterprise.

It offers the no thrills services you depend on for secure messaging, only all hosted and provided for by BlackBerry, as it should.

The problem with BBM is it tried to attract the mainstream crowd of users and offered a bunch of unnecessary features such as stickers and emojis that served no purpose to the more important use of secure messaging.

They failed to compete with everyone else when BBM should have just stayed where they where at. In a way they have, with the offerings of BlackBerry Messenger Enterprise.

Signup today and enjoy secure calls over wifi and secure messaging with secure features. BlackBerry prides themselves on not selling your information to third parties which they claim their competitors do in order to offer their service as free.

As the saying goes, you can't get anything free. Somewhere a bill is being paid to supply your service. So duly support BlackBerry in their effort to offer you their service for secure messaging.

Sincerely,
    Jason S. Page

Originally posted here:
    https://pagetelegram.blogspot.com/20...messenger.html
    Last edited by givechanceachance; 05-21-19 at 08:31 PM. Reason: grammar
    05-21-19 08:22 PM
    Our family easily converted over to the standard Android and iP messaging apps. We have no regrets.

BlackBerryMessinger (AKA BBM) was a dead bunny with everyone else who we message.

I personally only miss the creative BBM stickers.
    John Albert likes this.
    05-21-19 08:42 PM
    Our family easily converted over to the standard Android and iP messaging apps. We have no regrets.

Sad to see some people go.

I still use it myself. To each their own. I do not like how other providers use your information. I'd rather pay for a service and know my data is not in the wrong hands.

BlackBerryMessinger (AKA BBM) was a dead bunny with everyone else who we message.

I personally only miss the creative BBM stickers.
    05-21-19 08:49 PM
    Jason S. Page
    There is a gentleman on CB that goes by the name of @Jason Page, same guy?

Was it him that was going to get the open heart surgery done? Hope everything is ok.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-19 09:18 PM
    There is a gentleman on CB that goes by the name of @Jason Page, same guy?

Was it him that was going to get the open heart surgery done? Hope everything is ok.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, thank you, my surgery is May 30th, a day shy of the BBM demise.

I forgot I had this other account and just logged in as I though I usually do and blam! the reminder, so I just went with it. Ended up with two accounts during a period of frustration with the mobilenations logins and auth0 getting all mixed up...ended up just creating a new account and forgetting this one. What not, hope I'm not breaking any rules.
    05-21-19 09:23 PM
    What not, hope I'm not breaking any rules.
    You are. One account per person.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-19 09:24 PM
    thanks, I'll just stop using this one and try to figure out my current login creds or maybe they just and auth0 with fb.
    05-21-19 09:28 PM
    I tried:

https://forums.crackberry.com/ask-bl.../#post13393794

Do not mean to bring out an old account from the dust. I guess it is good having it for login issues described in the link above.
    05-21-19 09:48 PM
    Hope you'll get better soon.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    05-21-19 10:25 PM

I forgot I had this other account and just logged in as I though I usually do and blam! the reminder, so I just went with it. Ended up with two accounts during a period of frustration with the mobilenations logins and auth0 getting all mixed up...ended up just creating a new account and forgetting this one. What not, hope I'm not breaking any rules.
    Take care!
    Someone pointed out that BBM might shut down at different times in different timezones (as in, the same time globally). In Indonesia they are ahead by something like half a day compared to West Coast US, so for us it may shut down half a day early where I live.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 05-23-19 at 06:06 PM.
    illsince1977 likes this.
    05-23-19 03:07 AM

@Jason Page @givechanceachance I sent you a private message regarding this. Please reply and we can get it squared away.
    05-23-19 03:23 PM
    I'm trying to convert my family over to BBMenterprise as we use bbm groups extensively for communication. So far the process has been painful due to technical difficulties and is not intuitive for the less technical members of the family. And now we can't get it to show up in Hub. The UI is also pretty tech looking. I suspect we will have to find an alternative though I'm not sure what options there are: sms, imessage and Facebook messenger are not options. I would really like to see bbm enterprise made truly functional for indviduals
    05-24-19 10:49 AM
    I'm trying to convert my family over to BBMenterprise as we use bbm groups extensively for communication. So far the process has been painful due to technical difficulties and is not intuitive for the less technical members of the family. And now we can't get it to show up in Hub. The UI is also pretty tech looking. I suspect we will have to find an alternative though I'm not sure what options there are: sms, imessage and Facebook messenger are not options. I would really like to see bbm enterprise made truly functional for indviduals
    Do a 32 second reboot. That seems to fix the hub issue for some. Some here moved to BBMe while other have chosen WhatsApp, Signal or Telegram in place of.

Good luck...
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 05-24-19 at 11:20 AM.
    05-24-19 10:51 AM
    rebooted twice. No change. interested to hear what others are considering that is not owned by Mark zuckerberg, works on wifi and is easy for multi generations to use to communicate in groups
    05-24-19 11:23 AM
    rebooted twice. No change. interested to hear what others are considering that is not owned by Mark zuckerberg, works on wifi and is easy for multi generations to use to communicate in groups
    Tango viber , signal, telegram hangouts android messages
    05-24-19 11:28 AM
    thanks. I should have mentioned that it needs to work on IOS and android
    05-24-19 11:38 AM
    thanks. I should have mentioned that it needs to work on IOS and android
    All of the suggestions listed so far are designed for Android /IOS from what I can tell. Your biggest two outside the Facebook empire are Signal and Telegram as far I'm familiar with.
    05-24-19 11:40 AM
    possibly my ignorance but I thought android messages was a texting app and would only work on Android devices. when I google it I see there is a windows version but it's not clear that it works on IOS or how you would prevent it from using sms if you didn't want to. I'll explore hangouts then
    05-24-19 11:49 AM
    @Jason Page @givechanceachance I sent you a private message regarding this. Please reply and we can get it squared away.
    I replied however message did not appear in my sent box so just keep this account, delete the newer one since it is this old one what I can access now and still tied to my main email.

So givechanceachance will be my handle for now. Get rid of "Jason Page" account.

Thank you,
    Jason
    05-24-19 11:53 AM
    so the first thing to discover about Hangouts is that it is disappearing in October to be replaced by Chat which is currently for Business users. Sounds familiar
    05-24-19 12:05 PM
    I'd pay for a service; nothing is free! Remember! Nothing is free, other than socialized services....messaging is not covered!

If you get something "free" in a commercial sense you are giving something away!
    Brai7 likes this.
    05-24-19 12:17 PM
    I don't mind paying but its not clear there is a service offered that is worth paying for
    05-24-19 12:18 PM
    Let your demand be known.

For me BBMe is more than enough. The recent BBM was a joke of options that are a waste of resources.

Give me back 2G networks with reliability and I'm a happy camper. Not happy with the way artificial markets going these days. They prey on our ignorance and sell us stuff we don't need.
    05-24-19 12:23 PM
    I don't mind paying but its not clear there is a service offered that is worth paying for
    That's lost on many of the BBM zealots here on the CB forums and if you raise the point you're quickly criticized as not a BBMe supporter. Fanaticism can be so blinding as hard to see the big picture.

If you can't get BBMe to do what you want, two well respected members have made a great case for either Signal or Telegram messaging. I'm here in the USA so I'm fine with SMS/MMS for my use case. Another one someone did suggest was Threema but I didn't read much else about it.
    @Denis Fedotenko

Perhaps this person can help. I believe they're a BlackBerry support person for BBMe @Denis Fedotenko
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 05-24-19 at 12:52 PM.
    05-24-19 12:39 PM
    weirdly 2 hours after the 32 second reboot, BBME showed up in my Hub. So that's one hurdle down!
    givechanceachance likes this.
    05-24-19 01:17 PM
39 12