So, I have read many many threads, including reviews and opinions of BOTH the Motorola S9-HD and the Plantronics BackBeat 903 Headsets

I have been looking at both of them for a while and cannot decide which one to go with.

There are many pros and cons of both and both according to what I have read are pretty equal.

If you only could choose between the two (let's say they were the only 2 in the market right now) which one of the 2 would you choose and why?

Thanks for the help in advance. Maybe I will finally be able to decide after your input
    02-02-10 09:08 PM
    Has anyone tried either of these out? Preferences? I'm looking for one to use when I go for a workout as I hate working out with wired earphones/buds.
    06-02-10 01:48 PM
    I too am very curious, but the only way to know is to try them both for yourself. I just ordered a pair of ROKR S305 over the ears for use with my computer (hoping they'll work for watching movies online), but have a feeling that they won't do so well for running as they'll be too much weight on the tops of the ears and will either become a nuisance or keep falling off. I'm ready to invest in one of these two right now, but am too worried about getting the wrong pair. Everything I've read says pretty much the same thing about every pair of comparable bluetooth headsets on the market. When you're outside you're simply going to experience connection failures until you figure out which pocket to keep it in and face in or out. I have read, and this seems quite logical, that due to the s9 having it's bluetooth in the back piece behind the neck, it's very hard to keep a solid connection outdoors, where with the BackBeat 903s the bluetooth connection is in one of the earpieces, so as long as you keep your phone in the corresponding pocket or in an armband you'll be good to go. Here's where the problem kicks in for me, what I just mentioned seems to make the decision easy, however the number of BackBeats that had to be returned by cause of malfunction is crazy. The s9 thus far has proven to be a very solid item, taking abuse like a champ and having a small number of units that were DOA. Another point for the BackBeats, however, would be the behind the neck flexible band, where the s9 has that heavy piece housing the bluetooth connection which doesn't allow for it to be as readily storable/pocketable.

The conclusion I've come to is that there is no answer. It totally depends on what you wish to use it for. So here's what I say. If you're going to be using it indoors and value sound and call quality, it's the s9HD for you, without doubt. However, if you're willing to sacrifice a slight slant of noise cancellation and sound quality in order to have the outdoor portability, it's the BackBeats for sure.
    11-12-10 07:13 PM
    I'd still like to hear user feedback though... the wired route just isn't acceptable to me, and I know I'll be losing some major sound quality because of it, but that's something I can forego for comfort and convenience. I can't wait 'til the day that we have devices like these that have no sound quality drop at all.
    11-12-10 07:18 PM