Since the search function only allows for searches of more than four letters, I guess I'll have to start a thread. Does anyone have the Bluetooth S9 from Motorola and what do you think of it. I'm thinking of using it on my bicycle which I spend many hours on. Presently I'm using a wired system and it's OK, but this looks like it would be very cool.
    01-16-08 07:09 PM
    May I ask what wired system you are currently using? I just got my 3.5 to 2.5 adapter, in the mail, and my Plantronics wired headset is not liking it. I, really, don't want to move over to BT. However, the only wired headsets that I can find with 3.5mm are all earbud types.

I need over the ear or over the head. My ears are too small for the default earbud sizes.
    01-16-08 07:17 PM
    I'm just using the set that came with my 8130 for now. They are decent, but I'm old so what do I know about sound quality anymore. Hey, I used listened to 4 track!!
    01-16-08 07:22 PM
    I was afraid of that. Thanks.
    01-16-08 07:30 PM
    I just got an S9 today, actually. I really like it. It's comfortable and stays on nicely. I think it would be good for bike riding. Sound quality is great.
    01-16-08 09:10 PM
    That's what I wanted to hear! Thanks JC
    01-16-08 09:25 PM
    I have it...love it indoors, outside it breaks up unbearably. If you buy new in retail box you should be fine in returning...I did not. sound quality is near perfect when working properly. More here
    01-17-08 09:01 AM
    Thanks for the link. Good reading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-08 09:09 AM
    I don't know... Bluetooth seems cool but evrytime I use a headset it breaks up. I like the ear phones that came with my 8310

01-17-08 02:16 PM
    Thanks for the link. That's an interesting read, now I'm not sure which way to go.

01-17-08 02:18 PM
    Yeah, actually, I just used it outside today. It does break up. Works great in the house, or in the car. Anyone know why it breaks up outside?
    01-17-08 06:50 PM
    Bummer, this isn't very encouraging.
    01-17-08 06:58 PM
    I bought my S9s the day they came out and have used them with various phones. My BB isn't the worst but it's not as good as my Upstage was. I use them every day at the gym and I absolutely love them, I'd get them at a Sprint Store or Costco or some place like that because they take them back if you're not satisfied.
    01-17-08 07:23 PM
    Have you used them outside King?

And, has anyone tried the Motorola HT820 headset?
    01-17-08 07:24 PM
    Taking my own advice I put Google to use here.

I found this:

For optimal outdoor performance, position music device in close proximity to and in line of sight with the S9's internal antenna, which is located in the base behind the user's head. Placement of the music device in a front pocket is not recommended.
    MOTOROKR™ S9 - Motorola

Sounds a little lame to me. However, these are nice headsets nonetheless.
    01-17-08 07:32 PM
    Google, figure. I Google everything, but failed to here. Now I'm thinking this might work since I keep my BB in the back pouch of my riding jersey. Thanks John.
    01-17-08 07:59 PM
    Hmm has anyone tried using them in a vehicle? Like a bus or an airplane?

Last edited by pooger; 01-17-08 at 11:40 PM.
    01-17-08 09:11 PM
    I just got the S9 headset. I notice that if I have the phone in front of my body below the waist, it has a problem playing music without hiccups. But if I put the BB behind me it plays fine.

I'm currently indoors.
    01-17-08 11:38 PM
    My S9 seems to work just fine indoors and I can walk away from it 10-20 feet with no issues. It's just outside I have an issue--as does everyone else. As I said, though, I still like it.
    01-17-08 11:42 PM
    I had bought one about a week ago. Worked great as long as you don't touch it , it kind of is difficult to feel around the buttons. Also, forget it if you wear a coat , it drove me crazy , the back of the headset kept hitting my collar, I ended up returning it.

Does anyone know of a good wired earbud with great sound quality, I went back to using the one that came with the 8830.

Thanks
    01-18-08 07:35 AM
    I've used them while running outside and they were great, I've noticed no difference between outdoor use, and my use at the gym. The higher they are on your body when you run, the better. I normally run indoors since they don't make an armband for my 8830.

01-18-08 11:49 AM
    I had bought one about a week ago. Worked great as long as you don't touch it , it kind of is difficult to feel around the buttons. Also, forget it if you wear a coat , it drove me crazy , the back of the headset kept hitting my collar, I ended up returning it.

Does anyone know of a good wired earbud with great sound quality, I went back to using the one that came with the 8830.

Thanks
    Which one came with your 8830? I didn't get any headset with mine.
    01-18-08 09:04 PM
    Perfect timing Mac for your thread. I actually am debating on whether or not to get the S9 or the 820 (i won a competition at work and i have my pick of either one).

I am leaning towards the S9 cuz it is more stream lined but some of the reviews make me nervous about getting it. I would want to use it for when i am around the house or work.
    01-18-08 09:32 PM
    Perfect timing Mac for your thread. I actually am debating on whether or not to get the S9 or the 820 (i won a competition at work and i have my pick of either one).

I am leaning towards the S9 cuz it is more stream lined but some of the reviews make me nervous about getting it. I would want to use it for when i am around the house or work.
    Get the HT820 then you can give us the review.
    01-18-08 09:44 PM
    Get the HT820 then you can give us the review.
    Haha thanks for the advice I have actually used the 820 and it was nice but feels so bulky. The stream-linedness of the S9 is what is making me lean towards them. The S9 helps to not complete the dork/nerd outfit that i am usually sporting
    01-18-08 10:07 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD