Why does my instructions indicate I can say the name and it will dial? Nothing happens. At the store, the person said "The person's name will come through on the headset". Nothing. Tips?
    12-04-07 10:09 AM
    As far as I know it should work providing TWO things are done:
    1) Headset needs to be paired with phone AND
    2) you have to have contacts already setup.
    When I push my hs button it will tell you to say a command...I would say "Call Linda" (or "Call Linda Mobile)...then if I only said "Call Linda" and I had more than one phone number for her it would ask, "Call Linda Home" and I would say "NO" and then it would say, "Call Linda Mobile" and I would say "YES" and it will say "Dialing Linda Mobile."
    If you only have only number setup for a person then it would just dial that without asking. Good Luck!
    12-04-07 10:49 AM
    for better recognition of the name use the first and last name of the contact that you are trying to dial ... "call Linda Smith"
    12-04-07 11:06 AM
    Well my contacts are set up, name and number associated but I still get no option to call by voice. Is there a place to set up voice dialing on the phone?
    12-04-07 12:41 PM
    Well my contacts are set up, name and number associated but I still get no option to call by voice. Is there a place to set up voice dialing on the phone?
    Yes there is...but check this out first - when you go to BT on the front menues do you see your headset listed there as "paired?" If not then you must do that. Assuming you've done that you can go to "options" - "voice dialing" - and make sure that everything is "enabled", then save your settings. Hope that helps.
    12-04-07 12:54 PM
    Yes it's paired. I can use it to talk etc it's under my paired devices. I don't see 'voice dialing' under options when I select the H700
    12-04-07 01:52 PM
    I'm not talking about the headset options, but the phone options. Our menues may be different...I have the 8130 which has the 4.3 OS in it and maybe our screens are different. On my main menu I have an icon called "Options" - within there if you go to "Voice Dialing" - and that is where the menu with the options to "enable" or "disable" are located. God Luck!
    12-04-07 02:37 PM
    Ok thanks for the info. I don't see a voice option in my main option settings on my 8703e. Must not have it.
    12-04-07 03:26 PM
    Hi,

My problem is a bit different: I too have an H700 and it works just fine sometimes with Voice Command. then the communication will suddenly stop and, when I press the button on the H700, the screen will light up and say "Initializing please wait..." but no voice command response will be heard through the headset. When that happens, I can press the H700 button again and the Voice Command will light up on the screen but the sound will not come through the headset but rather the phone. I can speak the command into the phone and the dialing will start and I can hear the ring through the headset...... Weird.....

I'm considering a different headset. According to the article on headsets elsewhere in this forum, the H700 supports voice dialing but I can't get it to work consistently.
    12-13-07 07:28 AM
    I have a H700 and works great. No problems what so ever.
    I'm on the Rogers network and what I've discovered is that you can't voice dial names from the Sim card. The contacts have to be saved on the phone.

Hope this helps.
    12-13-07 08:14 AM
    I have been trying all day to make this H700 work with my curve, it finds it, loads it, says its working....but when I press the earpiece button it fails to run, stating "initializing...please wait".... sound familiar? I cannot promise my fix will fix everyones problem, but I just took out the battery, waited one minute, replaced it, and rebooted, now it works great, "say a command" in my earpiece every time i press the earpiece button and it seems to be working great!! hope that helps you folks..
    12-20-07 06:34 PM
    I have been trying all day to make this H700 work with my curve, it finds it, loads it, says its working....but when I press the earpiece button it fails to run, stating "initializing...please wait".... sound familiar? I cannot promise my fix will fix everyones problem, but I just took out the battery,(from phone) waited one minute, replaced it, and rebooted, now it works great, "say a command" in my earpiece every time i press the earpiece button and it seems to be working great!! hope that helps you folks..
    12-20-07 06:34 PM
    Is the h700 supposed to play the incomming ring tone in you ear, or does it just beep twice as mine does and the phone rings normally? If it's capable of playing the tone, how do you set up the 8830 to make it play and stop the phone from ringing outloud?
    02-06-08 02:35 PM
    Is the h700 supposed to play the incomming ring tone in you ear, or does it just beep twice as mine does and the phone rings normally? If it's capable of playing the tone, how do you set up the 8830 to make it play in your ear and stop the phone from ringing outloud?
    02-06-08 02:37 PM
    No, H700 will not play the ringtone. When mine is active with the 8130 it beeps for each ring, the BB is silent.
    02-06-08 02:48 PM
    My H700 won't even do the beeps. I get no notification through the headset that there is an incoming phone call. I have to put it on vibrate in order to hear the two beeps.

Can someone help please? Thanks! I have an 8100 on T-Mobile.
    02-06-08 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD