Hello everyone,

I'm looking to see if there is anyone out there that has any good ideas for a BT headset that will work well inside of a full face motorcycle helmet. I have tried a few of the run of the mill headsets and they are either uncomfortable, or I am unable to be heard because of the position that the cheek pads force the headset to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    03-31-08 02:10 PM
    I have a Scala Rider by Cardo. It is just mono and only supports calls. It is very easy to install and the battery lasts for a really long time. I go weeks between charges. I think they have a couple new ones out too. You'll not notice it is in the helmet at all while riding.
    03-31-08 11:47 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like a really cool headset. There were a few new ones out, but I don't need it to be that fancy as some of those just need calls. Kind of expensive but assuming that its worth it?
    04-01-08 01:48 PM
    Hey ...

I don't know of too many headsets that fit inside of a motorocycle helmet, but I do know this one seems to be a pretty good option. I am not sure if you are looking for a great price or not .. but here is what I found.

gammoth.com/bluetooth_headset/blueant_motorcycle_bluetooth_hf

Hope this helps!
    04-03-08 01:12 PM
    I am going to be a new rider hopefully(I have to sell my 87 Mustang GT first - :P)

I usually call my wife to let her know that I should be home shortly so she can have dinner ready, now only if VZW unlocks GPS she could track me that way - :P

I was hoping I would find a BT headset that works -
    05-07-08 09:32 AM
    I see the Scala Rider has already been mentioned, it is a good headset and that is what I would go with.

Just be careful, you will find the longer you ride that other riders aren't kidding when they say that everyone on the road is out to kill you. Distractions are not a good thing on a bike in traffic so I would keep the phone conversations to a minimum especially being a new rider

With gas prices going up with no end in sight I am thinking of getting a new bike just for my 2 hour daily commute I already have a 1996 Honda VFR 750 but I am looking for something that sips even less gasoline and have settled on a 2008 Kawasaki 250R (Baby Ninja). It is a perfect commuter bike (50MPG).

2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Review

2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - First Ride - MotorcycleUSA.com

05-07-08 10:06 AM
    That's the bike I am going to get. I hear you can get up to 60+ MPG. I have a long commute, gotta love the DC/Metro area.

The phone calls would be about 2 seconds long - lol

Just have to sell the Mustang first - lol
    05-07-08 10:11 AM
    Have a Mustang as well, 2001 GT Won't be getting rid of mine though!

I will probably have to sell the VFR to pay for the Kawi though

I think you will find 50MPG is probably a more realistic number especially if your commute involves city riding.

Last edited by rstaaf; 05-07-08 at 10:21 AM.
    05-07-08 10:17 AM
    Well it's a deal I made with the wife - :P

I am thinking this color:

Here is a picture of my stang:

http://www.cityinfoterminal.com/host.../mustangs1.jpg
    http://www.cityinfoterminal.com/host.../mustangs2.jpg
    05-07-08 10:34 AM
    Going Red myself so it will still match my gear, gotta stay in fashion

05-07-08 10:38 AM
    Hello,

I need some expert help. I've had a Scala Rider for over two years now. It worked flawlessly with my Moto RAZR and works great with my Curve (8310) except for one major bit. When I receive a call, the ringtone is there, but almost inaudible, especially when moving. That is the only difference I noted when I started using my Curve. After many months of this I called Cardo. They said that they've never heard of this issue.

Two questions:

Has anyone experienced this?
    Does anyone know a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Have a good one.
    03-16-09 10:30 AM
    I am going to be a new rider hopefully(I have to sell my 87 Mustang GT first - :P)

I usually call my wife to let her know that I should be home shortly so she can have dinner ready, now only if VZW unlocks GPS she could track me that way - :P

If you are going to be a new rider, I would seriously skip a bluetooth headset while riding. I say this after over 30 years and well over 100,000 miles on the road as a motorcyclist. Leave the phone for when you are stopped.

All the best and enjoy riding.
    03-19-09 02:52 PM

God, please don't tell me you are about to be a new rider and are already trying to figure out how to use your phone on the bike.

Honestly, I ride to get away from everyone and everything.
    Of course, I have some of the best roads in the world in my back yard here in the NC mountains. But living in the mountains means no signal in many of those areas anyways. LOL

Guys just be careful and remember there is not any phone calls that you can't make before you get on the bike or call back when you get off.
    03-21-09 12:04 AM
    Hey, another '96 VFR owner...mines a bit thrashed courtesy the previous owner but a great bike anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 04:39 AM
    Sometimes I get distraced when I'm in my car and on my phone. Can't imagine being on the phone and riding a motorcycle.
    03-27-09 03:06 PM
    Anyone who would get rid of one of the all time classic bikes for a 250 Ninja is nutz IMO. If at all possible keep the Interceptor!!!
    04-25-09 09:40 AM
    I find that most BT headsets dont really pick up your voice but more of the roar of youre bike...
    05-03-09 03:16 PM
    The Scala Rider headset is completely hands free and the fit is so good that you don't even realize that it is in your helmet. An incoming call rings the speakers in the helmet and you have a choice to answer it by simply speaking or refuse the call by remaining silent. Calling is just as easy as pressing a button on the side of the helmet (no different motion or distraction than cracking or closing a vent or visor on a full face helmet), and then saying "Call" "Home".

I think that the safety aspects of having communications readily available in the helmet far outweighs the dangers if used responsibly according to conditions, rider skill and comfort zone.

That is all. Over.
    02-07-11 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD