passport is coming up to 3 years old....like the look of the Motion but then the key2 pops up !! opinions on which is the better blackberry ?
    Qorax likes this.
    06-13-18 03:01 PM
    Depends on what type of mobile user you are firstly. VKB or PKB.

BUT, also consider this:

#1 . Motion is old (compared to the K2)
    #2 . A Motion v2 might be in the works and could come out anytime
    #3 . K2 is a considerable upgrade (spec wise between the two)
    #4 . This K2 is pretty cool & modern (looks wise compared to the Motion)
    #5 . K2 has a "wow factor"*

*It looks totally different (compared to all the similar looking phones in the market)
    06-13-18 03:12 PM
    Personally I don't see the point of buying a BBMo SLAB...

If you want a PKB the KEYtwo is the best value on the market for a "premium" PKB - would assume as a Passport owner that would be your best fit.
    Avenzuno and Byrese like this.
    06-13-18 03:19 PM
    I'm a Passport SE owner who just ousted from my arsenal a Google Pixel in favor of an iPhone X. I'm looking to replace my Passport within the next 6-12 months with a KEY2. I really want that improved PKB! I suggest to the OP to stay with the PKB and buy the KEY2.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    Qorax likes this.
    06-13-18 03:26 PM
    The better blackberry to me between the two is the Key2. If I had to choos between a blackberry with a keyboard vs a blackberry without one. I'm choosing one with a keyboard all day long.

The only way I would consider the motion is if you want to branch out from a pkb and try a vkb. Price can also be a factor between the two as well. I would roll the dice on the Key2.
    Qorax likes this.
    06-13-18 06:38 PM
    Personally I don't see the point of buying a BBMo SLAB...

If you want a PKB the KEYtwo is the best value on the market for a "premium" PKB - would assume as a Passport owner that would be your best fit.
    I don't dismiss the value of DTEK, rugged design, and other features unavailable on non-BlackBerry slab phones the way you do. If I had an unlimited budget of someone else's money and a choice of all Android slab phones, the Motion would be tops on my list by a large margin.

Of course, my perspective is very different from that of the general public, and I think BlackBerry is right to focus it's efforts on the PKB market at this time. But that doesn't make the Motion any less appealing to me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Qorax and RobertP1 like this.
    06-13-18 06:51 PM
    If you need a keyboard, the KEY2. Otherwise, there are better slabs than the Motion.
    Qorax and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    06-13-18 06:59 PM
    In my opinion the main reason to take the Motion over the Key2 would be the bigger screen, so watching the occasional YouTube video would be much more enjoyable. The processor, camera and of course the physical keyboard might sway you towards the Key2.
    Qorax likes this.
    06-13-18 07:06 PM
    If you need a keyboard, the KEY2. Otherwise, there are better slabs than the Motion.
    That depends on one's definition of "better." Processing performance for the money, you're absolutely right. But the Motion is one of the most distinct phones without a physical keyboard, and what features have value to a given user is highly variable.

For example, I find the back, frame and bezels to be a premium feature on the Motion that makes it more valuable to me than more fragile glass sandwich phones, and I find DTEK to be almost indispensable on an Android phone.

On the other hand, the age of the Motion and the fact that it won't receive Android P is certainly a negative if I hope to keep it longer than two years.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Qorax likes this.
    06-13-18 07:43 PM
    and the winner is the K2 ....more than by accident than choice . I dropped my very much loved PPSE from about 2foot onto a wooden floor. It still 'works'... it rings , I get notifications for messages etc, but I can see anything ! swiping no longer works, I cannot wake the screen up. So 2 weeks ago I took the plunge and bought a K2 . it has taken a while to get used to the narrow PKB but apart that it is a fantastic bit of kit , a real head turner in fact. and it is a complete joy to have apps that were slowly disappearing from my PPSE. the only sad thing is I cannot access my PPSE to get pictures contacts of my PPSE... answers on a postcard !! ....
    07-15-18 03:08 PM