No because obviously buyers would have had a clue!!

Lol jk. ... we're bitter... let us make ourselves a bit happier by pretending to be smarter than "most buyers.".

Posted via CB10
    That is so true.... I am still cracking up at the fanboy who was claiming that his teenage daughter was so enamored by NFC, Bluetooth file transfers,and the removable battery of the Blackberry that she wouldn't even consider an iphone.... Which in turn proved she was so much smarter than the average teen....comical..
    cwalt2166 and bbq10l like this.
    03-07-14 06:06 AM
    I completely Agree. I try to get people to make the best decision possible and that means doing your research, and trying out different platforms. The cell phone carriers you're right will sell whatever phone is a fad and they will make the most money on. Regardless if a person needs those over abundance of features or not.

I always tell people to go to a store and try them all out and make the decision for themselves. Interestingly enough my friend went to the store looking for a q5 and he ended up with an IPhone4s. He doesn't like it, but is stuck into a plan to two years.
    03-07-14 06:19 AM
    I completely Agree. I try to get people to make the best decision possible and that means doing your research, and trying out different platforms. The cell phone carriers you're right will sell whatever phone is a fad and they will make the most money on. Regardless if a person needs those over abundance of features or not.

I always tell people to go to a store and try them all out and make the decision for themselves. Interestingly enough my friend went to the store looking for a q5 and he ended up with an IPhone4s. He doesn't like it, but is stuck into a plan to two years.
    Great point.. you should go into the store with a decent grasp of what you are looking for and then go home and do some research.. In addition to the phone you should shop carriers also... because any phone is no good if you don't have a strong signal where you spend your time..
    03-07-14 06:21 AM
    I always go for the discount phone when it's time to replace it. So I have a history of just using Nokias and the BB Pearl Flip. Its amazing what a discount phone offers today (currently have a Lumia 710). Other people only think about the latest and greatest Apple or Samsung but use 10% of its potential. I try to use mine to 100% whatever the model. I still think data plans are too pricey, that's another reason I now refuse to lock in with the latest and greatest.
    03-07-14 08:23 AM
    I call the Z30 a thing of beauty. It stands head and shoulders above the pack.

Android simply doesn't do power management well. You can argue that it's fun for tinkering, but it's not an OS for serious people. Look how fast the Moto X guy had to drop out of the Wired CES competition. It's just not in the same league with BB10. Sorry. It's just not.

Android Central is right down the hall, by the way.
    In your opinion, and no, the Z30 doesn't stand out in the crowd, 2012 Androids like the GS3 LTE, Note 2, One X+, Xperia T, and LG Optimus G are what it's comparable to.
    03-07-14 08:35 AM
    In your opinion, and no, the Z30 doesn't stand out in the crowd, 2012 Androids like the GS3 LTE, Note 2, One X+, Xperia T, and LG Optimus G are what it's comparable to.
    There's so much difference in user experience than those devices. It's not all about specs mate not thst I'm happy with unserspecing

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 08:36 AM
    There's so much difference in user experience than those devices. It's not all about specs mate not thst I'm happy with unserspecing
    Autocorrect can be incredibly helpful as well.
    TGR1 likes this.
    03-07-14 08:42 AM
    I owned an Xpera T and laid hands on GS3s and HTC One Xs multiple times and I couldn't disagree more with this claim. All you do here looks like comparing raw display and chipset specs, which makes up like 25% of a modern phones overall experience.
    03-07-14 09:13 AM
    Autocorrect can be incredibly helpful as well.
    Incredibly annoying you mean? Lol it keeps changing my words

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 09:16 AM
    Horrible sidebuttons? LOL. Beside Apple BlackBerry is the only company getting sidebuttons right and the Play/Pause/Mute/Voice button is superb.
    They are so cheap and sensitive it's impossible to put the phone in your pocket and not have a call muted, song skipped or paused. On the Z10 they are great, the Z30 it's beyond frustrating.
    03-07-14 09:22 AM
    They are so cheap and sensitive it's impossible to put the phone in your pocket and not have a call muted, song skipped or paused. On the Z10 they are great, the Z30 it's beyond frustrating.
    Aren't they just made of steel like on the Z10?

I mean I had the Z30 for testing a few days (BlackBerry Elite Program) and had the impression they're equal to the Z10. Well shaped for first class "blind ergonomics", very clicky and robust. Well so I'm mistaken.
    03-07-14 10:04 AM
    Aren't they just made of steel like on the Z10?

I mean I had the Z30 for testing a few days (BlackBerry Elite Program) and had the impression they're equal to the Z10. Well shaped for first class "blind ergonomics", very clicky and robust. Well so I'm mistaken.
    No, they are plastic and smushy and don't offer the click like the Z10 does. It's my biggest gripe with the phone. I started a thread on it a while ago and lots of people commented the same on them. I've tried 3 different Z30's and they were all the same.
    03-07-14 10:07 AM
    No, they are plastic and smushy and don't offer the click like the Z10 does. It's my biggest gripe with the phone. I started a thread on it a while ago and lots of people commented the same on them. I've tried 3 different Z30's and they were all the same.
    Now that's just wow. WTH was BlackBerry thinking? This literally is the master of side buttons screwing up a flagship device for no apparent reason to me. Sigh.
    03-07-14 12:17 PM
    I wouldnt call people dumb for buying a phone from any platform, but in the same light, you really cant consider a phone good because its purchased by the masses, or because a doctor, lawyer, etc has one. A doctor is a doctor, not a mobile phone expert.
    03-07-14 12:30 PM
    Eh, could be worse. A conscious decision to replace an iPhone 5 with an iPhone 5C, now that's dumb.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin and grover5 like this.
    03-07-14 12:34 PM
    A doctor is a doctor, not a mobile phone expert.
    True, though I would extend that to typical business users as well. The term "expert" is generally overused.
    TGR1 likes this.
    03-07-14 01:05 PM
    I call the Z30 a thing of beauty. It stands head and shoulders above the pack.

Android simply doesn't do power management well. You can argue that it's fun for tinkering, but it's not an OS for serious people. Look how fast the Moto X guy had to drop out of the Wired CES competition. It's just not in the same league with BB10. Sorry. It's just not.

Android Central is right down the hall, by the way.
    Two things to consider - Moto X and Android 4.4. Between the SoC Motorola put in that thing and the power handling of 4.4, Android is right up there with the best of them. And the fact that 4.4 performs pretty darned well - at least as well as BB10 on the Z30 - on the Moto X platform is astonishing considering how right you were even a year ago. But all things change and this idea you have about Android power management is a little dated. I think at the moment the loser in power management is iOS, but at the rate people are learning how to conserve those electrons than will change soon too. BB10 right now is pretty good. I think better is WP8. My Icon will hang on to charge better than the Z30. So with the Note 3, but that's cheating
    03-07-14 01:14 PM
    The companies disagree:

BBC News - HTC aims to avoid One X mistakes with new mobiles

Look also at the pre-orders for things like the SG5 - which UK retailers are saying have already smashed sales records before any sales person has touched a device...
    I would agree that 70% of customers come in knowing what they want, but that is not necessarily driven by in-depth insight into the phone but rather they've either been shown or told through advertising or word of mouth that they want this phone. This is the case for everything (iPhone, Android, WP, and even BB). Therefore, Customer comes into the store saying "I want that new Samsung phone" and the sales person doesn't even have to do any work to push the sale.

Very few times have I over-heard or seen a Salesperson who is interested in the actual needs of the customer. I know they exist (I was one of them once) but they're now few and far-between. At the end of the day, a salespersons' goal in that retail environment is to make sales, and as mentioned before if someone makes a spiff, they WILL suggest the phone they get spiff on to EVERY customer they get the chance to.
    03-07-14 02:38 PM
    When I first tried buying my Blackberry z10 I tried Radioshack they had all the carriers but had nothing good in stock. All their stuff was the 'Buy in-store, recieve in the mail' type of thing. Sales associates had no idea Blackberry had new phones. BTW Radioshack is a store I recommend you to AVOID because when they enter your info they search all carriers at once and it puts 3-4 Credit Inquiries on you credit profile
    03-07-14 03:25 PM
    The proper term for people who buy "Smart Phones " that are the size of a flat screen TV is well stupid. Sorry to the folks who want a Samsung Whatyoumacallit but that isn't a phone its a laptop. It's about as secure as a ziplock bag. People are real funny and generally not to bright. Look at me I support a device from a company who's stock use to be $160 a share now it's like $10.
    03-07-14 04:35 PM
    I call them isheeps.. lol
    Mangelhaft likes this.
    03-07-14 05:23 PM
    I would agree that 70% of customers come in knowing what they want, but that is not necessarily driven by in-depth insight into the phone but rather they've either been shown or told through advertising or word of mouth that they want this phone.
    Exactly. This is why Apple and Samsung are almost the only leaders. Average 'dumb' consumers only know the iPhone and the Samsung Galaxy S series, because this is what always gets reported in the media, this is what carriers are pushing (people buy iPhones and Galaxys > Carrier pushes those > people think what carriers push must be best > people buy even more of it), this what they see advertised all the time and especially these are the phones their friends and family use. There isn't an option. 95% of smartphone buyers already got the perception that the iPhone and Galaxy are the phones to get, even before they're in the store.
    sleepngbear and fragment137 like this.
    03-08-14 03:37 AM
    Folks, the consumer is not clueless, one of the the main issues BlackBerry has to overcome is the "cool" or "wow" factor which their devices no longer have.

Here is the USA, the market is largely based on word of mouth and what devices your friends and family are using. 5 years ago, it was BlackBerry devices because that was the device that did it all, email, BBM, messaging and so on and what everyone was using.

But!!! Then came competition i.e. Apple and Android devices and things rapidly changed and BlackBerry failed to respond to what the consumer was asking for, period. And when they finally did, I was two years late.

Consumers are not clueless and the market here at least in the USA and beyond has become a value added one. People are going to use what's popular and whats going to have long term product and costumer support.

Like it or not, BlackBerry has to rebuild their brand image here and abroad for that matter. I will continue to preach the BlackBerry brand here and show my z30 and the great features of OS10 to anyone with an open mind.

The problem here is that no one cares about BlackBerry anymore and most of the sales folks in the stores here think BlackBerry is out of business!!!!

My question to the folks up there in those fancy corporate offices in waterloo is, why isn't someone telling the us so called "clueless" consumers that BlackBerry is alive and is going to be here for a while?? So far I have seen NOTHING to tell me any different!!!!!

Posted from my BlackBerry z30 on T Mobile USA
    Last edited by bakron1; 03-08-14 at 10:50 AM.
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-08-14 04:39 AM
    Folks, the consumer is not clueless, one of the the main issues BlackBerry has to overcome is the "cool" or "wow" factor which their devices no longer have.

Here is the USA, the market is largely based on word of mouth and what devices your friends and family are using. 5 years ago, it was BlackBerry devices because that was the device that did it all, email, BBM, messaging and so on and what everyone was using.

But!!! Then came competition i.e. Apple and Android devices and things rapidly changed and BlackBerry failed to respond to what the consumer was asking for, period. And when they finally did, I was two years late.

Consumers are not clueless and the market here at least in the USA and become a value added one. People are going to use what's popular and whats going to have long term product and costumer support.

Like it or not, BlackBerry has to rebuild their brand image here and abroad for that matter. I will continue to preach the BlackBerry brand here and show my z30 and the great features of OS10 to anyone with an open mind.

The problem here is that no one cares about BlackBerry anymore and most of the sales folks in the stores here think BlackBerry is out of business!!!!

My question to the folks up there in those fancy corporate offices in waterloo is, why isn't someone telling the us so called "clueless" consumers that BlackBerry is alive and is going to be here for a while?? So far I have seen NOTHING to tell me any different!!!!!

Posted from my BlackBerry z30 on T Mobile USA
    The problem is that you need to change the publics perception and word of mouth in favor of BlackBerry, which means to a large extent the media and distribution partners. But the point is that the media and distribution partners will always talk about and push the devices that are already popular by sales. And you can't change this overnight with even $5B in marketing spendings.
    03-08-14 07:37 AM
    Luckily she doesn't have to be stuck with it though. It sounds like she got a lemon device, unless she got a low end Android with a battery that's half the size of current flagships. Even if she's out of the return period at her carrier she can still get it exchanged through warranty.

Also, if all larger devices are "flat screen monstrosities" what do you call the Z30? .
    Nice stoop! Bear didn't imply that at all. I expect better from you. Especially as an Ambassador.
    03-08-14 08:08 AM
109 ... 2345