With Yahoo's shi...TTY decision to allow free for NSA snooping of ALL emails in the inbox now exposed, I keep coming back to the same point that I have been thinking of for sometime now.

What is the best secure email client without astronomical costs? I now have over 10 years of my life's documents on my Gmail account, and it's only a matter of time until someone hacks into Gmail accounts.

1. Ideally I would prefer a local secure service provider where your emails would stay locally - that's Canada for me and not USA.

I am not that technically savvy to have my own email server, but then would that be the only option?

2. I have wondered whether BlackBerry would ever provide email services for a fee? Since BlackBerry can host a secure email server and users sign up for BlackBerry email id's?

I do not want to get carrier (bell, rogers) email accounts as they in turn outsource it.

Do you fellow CrackBerrians know of better alternatives to free gmail / hotmail accounts?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 11:16 AM
    If you want a Canadian base secure email client hushmail is a good option. If your interested in a Swiss based one protonmail is what I use. Both have free options but if your serious about it they are about $50 a year.

Protonmail does not have pop/imap support as they claim they are too insecure so they only work with their website or app. Of course there is no blackberry app but the android one works after its been repackaged using colbalt's methods.

Another popular secure Swiss mailed email client is swissmail. It is feature rich but the UI feels like it's from the 90s and is a little chucky.
    10-05-16 11:37 AM
    If you want a Canadian base secure email client hushmail is a good option. If your interested in a Swiss based one protonmail is what I use. Both have free options but if your serious about it they are about $50 a year.

Protonmail does not have pop/imap support as they claim they are too insecure so they only work with their website or app. Of course there is no blackberry app but the android one works after its been repackaged using colbalt's methods.

Another popular secure Swiss mailed email client is swissmail. It is feature rich but the UI feels like it's from the 90s and is a little chucky.
    Cool, that's good to know - I'll check out all the three email clients.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 01:29 PM