I'm an hopeless hardcore fan of BB10 and I remember myself hating Android last time I used it more than 6 years ago. I'm sorry for being this paranoid but I value security over all the nice stuff. Anyway don't worry, I'm opening this thread because I've already accepted to move to Android. That said, I have 2 questions to ask.

1) I don't use silly Apps, socials and games. My only focus is the good old productivity so here comes the question. KeyOne or Key2? I do understand that the newer model is a lot faster. I've read it's twice the speed of KeyOne but probably blogs tend to exaggerate. Can KeyOne still go as fast as a Ferrari considering my pretty normal needs? I mean KeyOne is at least 50% cheaper.

2) Security. The internet is full of people stating that BB is still the most secure phone even on Android but I have a feeling that these are unbiased opinion or just claims that everyone repeat just for habit. Every time I try to figure out the real reasons why BB is secure I just come into the same marketing stuff: Dtek, Dtek and... Dtek! Oh come one, there should be something more than just an App. What does make BB more secure than an iPhone nowadays? I would expect a special chip for cryptography and lasers Let me put it into perspective. I am the future prime minister of Italy... no... USA... mmm... the pope! What phone should the pope use in 2018 to cover his secrets and bank account?

Tanks for reading,
    Bye
    11-30-18 05:37 PM
    Walmart had the Keyone Black Edition for $329 recently. That narrows the gap between the Keyone and Key2 a little bit. With Keyone BE you'll pick up an extra gig of RAM. The Keyone just received the update to Oreo and most users report a better experience over Nougat, but Keyone will likely not see an update to Pie. Something to consider.

As far as security, in addition to the Dtek software, BlackBerry phones are encrypted at the chipset level during manufacture. This greatly improves overall security to the device by eliminating rooting and performing various checks during boot up to ensure integrity of the hardware.

I'm sure others will chime in, but this is a start.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-30-18 08:01 PM
    I'm an hopeless hardcore fan of BB10 and I remember myself hating Android last time I used it more than 6 years ago. I'm sorry for being this paranoid but I value security over all the nice stuff. Anyway don't worry, I'm opening this thread because I've already accepted to move to Android. That said, I have 2 questions to ask.

1) I don't use silly Apps, socials and games. My only focus is the good old productivity so here comes the question. KeyOne or Key2? I do understand that the newer model is a lot faster. I've read it's twice the speed of KeyOne but probably blogs tend to exaggerate. Can KeyOne still go as fast as a Ferrari considering my pretty normal needs? I mean KeyOne is at least 50% cheaper.

2) Security. The internet is full of people stating that BB is still the most secure phone even on Android but I have a feeling that these are unbiased opinion or just claims that everyone repeat just for habit. Every time I try to figure out the real reasons why BB is secure I just come into the same marketing stuff: Dtek, Dtek and... Dtek! Oh come one, there should be something more than just an App. What does make BB more secure than an iPhone nowadays? I would expect a special chip for cryptography and lasers Let me put it into perspective. I am the future prime minister of Italy... no... USA... mmm... the pope! What phone should the pope use in 2018 to cover his secrets and bank account?

Tanks for reading,
    Bye
    http://help.blackberry.com/en/securi...y-Guide-en.pdf
    Reevy, CrackPriv and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    11-30-18 10:46 PM

Tanks for reading,
    Bye
    There's plenty of documentation on this, but it's mostly to do with decisions about how thoroughly to implement the Android security model. BlackBerry basically turns off many features that other OEMs leave available. In many cases they set the permission to the mist restrictive level then change the attribute to "read-only" so that even the most powerful malware script can't enable it.

There are several approaches to security that an OEM can't take, from weakest to strongest:

1) Do very little, or active defeat security settings, as we've seen some Chinese OEMS, who may or may not be collaborating with their government security agencies, do.

2) Use a relatively permissive model that allows t access to things like engineering mode or root access. This is the default for many consumer-oriented OEMs.

3) lock down Android pretty well, and include a digital "fuse" that bis permanently blown up the user chooses less secure configurations such as rooting the device. Once blown, the fuse will prevent the device from connecting to enterprise resources. This is how Samsung Knox works.

4) Lock as much down as possible, with very limited flexibility for the user to openness up the device. This is what BlackBerry has done.

That's not a technical description, but it's a useful way of understanding how different implementations if Android's security model can be. There's no shortage of documentation on the security model if you wish to read about it.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-30-18 11:10 PM
    Answer to the OP: I would reccomend the Key2. It is newer than Keyone.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-18 12:52 AM
    answer to that is the help guide conite sent

Posted via CB10
    12-01-18 01:01 AM
    one good thing about bb is that it always investigates apk and apps downloaded from unknown sources!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-18 01:06 AM