Given the lively conversation centered on BB10 users migrating to BlackBerry Android, I thought I would share the steps I have taken to re-create the BB10 experience as closely as possible from my Z10 days.

While I couldn't care less which device any Crackberrian uses, if there are any BB10 users on the fence, I wanted to show it is possible to create a pretty compelling alternative with BlackBerry Android

I have preserved BB10 icons, wallpapers, peek (hub), and I have customized my text app to closely resemble the native BB10 text app. I'm rocking a DTEK50.

Of course I have BlackBerry Launcher, DTEK, Keyboard, Hub, etc. I have also disabled essentially all Google apps and have all of my activity and tracking blocked (as best as possible ) to keep security in place.

Curious to see what others have done as well. Hope this helps someone.

Text App
    Attached Thumbnails Most Authentic BB10 Experience On Android?-screenshot_20181231-235325.jpg  
    12-31-18 11:14 PM
    Home screen
    Attached Thumbnails Most Authentic BB10 Experience On Android?-screenshot_20190101-000449.jpg  
    12-31-18 11:19 PM
    Page 2
    Attached Thumbnails Most Authentic BB10 Experience On Android?-screenshot_20181231-234258.jpg  
    12-31-18 11:20 PM
    Hub/Peek
    Attached Thumbnails Most Authentic BB10 Experience On Android?-screenshot_20181231-234944.jpg  
    12-31-18 11:21 PM
    how did you get thw hub peek?
    01-01-19 10:39 AM
    how did you get thw hub peek?
    Add a full sized HUB widget on the left homescreen.
    app_Developer likes this.
    01-01-19 10:41 AM
    "Blackberry Browser" (non-tracking, etc.)
    Attached Thumbnails Most Authentic BB10 Experience On Android?-screenshot_20190101-231527.jpg  
    01-01-19 10:17 PM
    what alternatives have you used to all google services, and also what email client do you use and how have you blocked ttacking etc. I would like to set my phone up privacy wise loke you have.
    01-07-19 09:21 AM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Thanks very helpful... as soon as I move from my Passport, to hopefully a keythree... I will look to do this...

Posted via CB10
    01-07-19 12:21 PM
    what alternatives have you used to all google services, and also what email client do you use and how have you blocked ttacking etc. I would like to set my phone up privacy wise loke you have.
    So, I do several things to minimize my digital footprint. I have accepted that I will never be invisible, but if I can cut down a large share of it, I'm happy.

I use DuckDuckGo for my search engine through the Via browser. I am signed out of my Google Gmail at all times. I have disabled all tracking, spying, reporting through Google My Activity page. As a result, I wonder how much would actually be tracked at that point if I were to use Google for my search engine? Anyway, I have disabled all Google apps where possible. I don't use a VPN at this time, however. I use Lookout and of course Dtek to keep things in check.

I also have zero social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)

As far as email goes, I have my own domain that is Locked down pretty tight while still being functional. I don't use gmail, yahoo, MSN, etc.

I have also experimented with F-Droid to replace Google Play Store, but I don't really use that many apps so I don't worry about it too much.
    Last edited by Platinum_2; 01-07-19 at 05:23 PM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-07-19 05:05 PM
    Just get a passport / z30 / classic from ebay )

It remembers me when ppl try reproduce the ios on their cheap android phones. Or custom OS like Mi Xiaomi
    Blackberry os10 is unique, as well the ios
    But very nice work by the way!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-19 05:26 PM
    Just get a passport / z30 / classic from ebay )

It remembers me when ppl try reproduce the ios on their cheap android phones. Or custom OS like Mi Xiaomi
    Blackberry os10 is unique, as well the ios
    But very nice work by the way!

Posted via CB10
    I had the Z10 for years, but support continues to dwindle and the hardware was getting old and slow. Wish BB10 wasn't dying...it was great.
    01-07-19 06:02 PM
    So, I do several things to minimize my digital footprint. I have accepted that I will never be invisible, but if I can cut down a large share of it, I'm happy.

I use DuckDuckGo for my search engine through the Via browser. I am signed out of my Google Gmail at all times. I have disabled all tracking, spying, reporting through Google My Activity page. As a result, I wonder how much would actually be tracked at that point if I were to use Google for my search engine? Anyway, I have disabled all Google apps where possible. I don't use a VPN at this time, however. I use Lookout and of course Dtek to keep things in check.

I also have zero social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)

As far as email goes, I have my own domain that is Locked down pretty tight while still being functional. I don't use gmail, yahoo, MSN, etc.

I have also experimented with F-Droid to replace Google Play Store, but I don't really use that many apps so I don't worry about it too much.
    Thank you, that info will help me alot, ive recently found out that google even tracks your purchases, i only found this out because i had to login to my google acvoint to reset the password and as i was browsing around to see what else i could change, it had a tab which showed purchases ive made online, even down to what takeaway i last ordered throuhh the just eat app. Now that is way too much info on me.
    01-07-19 11:13 PM