hello there,
    Its nice to be talking with such smart people on this awesome forum. I have a query. I didnt have the uma options on my pearl 9105 so I went on the engineering screens and sorted that out using a guide and typed in all the stuff for orange uma. All that was done and I saved it now the uma options come up when I go on mobile network options.. What do i do now? when i turn wifi on it connects to wifi and it says
    t-mobile-myinternetcompaniesname on the top. but uma doesnt come. im sure its a basic issue but can anyone help? is there a way to set up uma even after engineering screens? do i have to connect to it in some way? thank you for your help your all very great smart people may our lord guide you. thanks
    05-13-11 06:14 PM
    hello there,
    Its nice to be talking with such smart people on this awesome forum. I have a query. I didnt have the uma options on my pearl 9105 so I went on the engineering screens and sorted that out using a guide and typed in all the stuff for orange uma. All that was done and I saved it now the uma options come up when I go on mobile network options.. What do i do now? when i turn wifi on it connects to wifi and it says
    t-mobile-myinternetcompaniesname on the top. but uma doesnt come. im sure its a basic issue but can anyone help? is there a way to set up uma even after engineering screens? do i have to connect to it in some way? thank you for your help your all very great smart people may our lord guide you. thanks
    If UMA does not go active, you have not done it correctly.

One of the key steps is aquiring the Orange UK Security certificate. You will need the help on an existing Orange client to send you the certificate.

05-13-11 06:30 PM
    yea im in the uk and my phone is branded by tmobile does that matter? its still not working i fonud the correct cert and changed to that but still nothing, on the guide it says to leave the operators name blank but it doesnt allow me to do that i get an error message saying i must so i put a space in that box then saved
    Last edited by bbman93; 05-13-11 at 06:49 PM.
    05-13-11 06:47 PM
    hello there,
    What are you trying to achieve here? Are you trying to connect to T-Mobile UK by UMA? If so that's no possible as T-Mobiel UK doesn't support UMA.

If you are trying to connect to Orange UK via UMA then this will only be possible if you are an Orange customer. Your phone doesn't need to be Orange branded to achieve this but your mobile network needs to be Orange.

The Orange/T-Mobile roaming only applies to sharing of the 2G network, doesn't cover use of 3G and won't allow a T-Mobile UK customer UMA access via Orange.

The fact you say it says "t-mobile-myinternetcompaniesname" leads me to believe that you're a T-Mobile UK customer?
    05-14-11 09:56 AM
    yea im in the uk and my phone is branded by tmobile does that matter? its still not working i fonud the correct cert and changed to that but still nothing, on the guide it says to leave the operators name blank but it doesnt allow me to do that i get an error message saying i must so i put a space in that box then saved
    I was successful in provisioning a T-Mobile Curve to work with my Rogers UMA.

Leaving something blank doesn't sound right.

Display Name: Factory provisioning
    UMA Protocol version: UMA v. 1.0.3
    Provisioning UNC address: unc.singlephone.orange.co.uk
    Provisioning UNC port: 14001
    Provisioning SEGW address: singlephone.orange.co.uk
    SEGW cert: Equifax Secure Cert (public key type RSA 1024)
    bbman93 likes this.
    05-14-11 10:59 AM
    ok sorry for wasting your time everyone **** thank you i give up im getting a nokia n8 maybe thats less complicated i hear it has some really fancy features
    05-14-11 01:49 PM
    Sorry it didn't work out for you, good luck with the Nokia
    05-14-11 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD