The paid trolls will never leave

When they start a thread the mods should take out every negative BB comment...leaving only the good...that would show them
    Last edited by anthogag; 04-18-12 at 06:39 PM.
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    04-18-12 04:29 PM
    But the title is "This is more than a fanboy forum". It doesn't say "not a fanboy forum" or "only a fanboy forum". I've opened the door for this type of discussion in a specific topic dealing with this. The point in the paragraphs you refer to are opinion and are based on the fact that most of the arguing is either iOS or Android on one side and BB on the other. I have yet to encounter a WP7 troll in these forums. I'm sure that as that platform takes off, this might change and my reactions might be different since it's a platform that, if I need to change, I would be more comfortable with.
    I "liked" or "thanked" the OP (can't recall which, or what's the difference for that matter). It has gotten so rank around here sometimes that you almost feel an involuntary cringe when advocating for a RIM product. I have a similar overall take on the alternatives to BB, and I continue to think that its way too early to count out WP.

Of course most of us here prefer BB, otherwise we would switch to some other platform and then go and haunt that board. For myself, I've never had the urge to even lurk on an IOS or Android forum. I've seen enough of those platforms for myself to make up my singular mind, and can see no sense in going there at all, no less to repeatedly wade into and interfere with discussions among IOS or Android enthusiasts.

The trolls are noisy enough around here that it definatelty dampens down the discourse. There are times when I do want to vent some frustration about what RIM is and isn't doing. But in those types of threads, piling on ensues as surely as it does when there is a positive discussion of a RIM product.
    04-18-12 04:41 PM
    People post how they want to ditch their BB or Playbook. Forum members wish them luck in their future endeavors.
    Over the last couple of years I've been a member here, I've seen plenty of people leave for other platforms. The response was usually along the lines of "Yeah, like RIM cares that they lost you. Good riddance" Funny, no one says that now.

I agree completely and that's fine for when I'm just casually reading through new threads here. I'm just saying that it makes it difficult when I'm looking for an answer to a specific question and I do a search. I can come across a topic that looks like it may contain my answer, but the thread has grown to be 20 or so pages (19 of which is trolling and responses). I'm OK, in general, ignoring, or even occasionaly enjoying the back-and-forth, but when I need an answer, it gets frustrating.
    I actually wish this was the first post. This makes sense.

Isn't this merely another example of the kind of thread the OP is sick and tired of?

The only thing I will say is that most of the "troll" threads he is referring to are actually started by BlackBerry users.

Just like this one.

If you guys don't want to hear comparisons, stop making comparisons.
    Bingo
    04-18-12 06:21 PM
    This thread is hilarious and full of fail. louzer, do not pass go, do not collect $200.
    04-18-12 06:30 PM
    The trolls are here to stay so I guess we gotta learn to live with the enemy.
    Almost all Trolls of which take a positive thread and turn it negative on this forum are iPhone users/fanboys/workers very rare to see Android/WP7 users.
    On the iPhone forum the Android trolls are controlled and over here at CrackBerry
    they need to ad more Mods, cause to tell you the truth it's a little out of control.
    homer1475 likes this.
    04-18-12 06:31 PM
    So what you're saying is that fans of non-struggling platforms who "do such things" = trolls?
    No, I'm not, which is why I didn't use the word. My claim was this: before you can have fans on forums, you must first have fans.
    04-18-12 06:32 PM
    You're missing my point. The title of this thread is "This is more than a fanboy forum". The title of the thread is consistent with the topic of the thread and the replies. If I'm having a problem with, for example, the wifi on my Playbook and I do a search for "wifi", and a search finds a thread called "Wifi problems on my Playbook" it's almost guaranteed that there will be a problem stated, a few replies indicating a similar problem, and then pages of replies arguing about wifi on the Playbook vs iPads and/or Android tablets.

All I'm saying is that if you want to take a direction like this in a thread where someone is looking for answers, you can always start another thread with any title you like (as long as it is consistent with the topic you are going to write) and use the convenient little link button in the editor's toolbar to refer to the original topic. This way, you can make your point while leaving the original thread intact for people looking for quick answers.
    Ahh. Gotcha. I can see how that would be annoying. Honestly though, in a long help thread the answers generally get lost in the clutter whether there's an argument going on or just a simple discussion. That's been my experience on most forums anyway.

There should be an "answered" button that pushes certain replies to the beginning of the thread to avoid having to read thru the mess.
    louzer, Laura Knotek and homer1475 like this.
    04-18-12 06:33 PM
    There are ppl who just love their Blackberrys, just simple as that. They don't dislike other platforms but they would prefer to discuss more about Blackberry. None should come with the attitude: "This is mainstream, take it or gtfo!"
    Morty2264 and CDM76 like this.
    04-18-12 06:59 PM
    No, I'm not, which is why I didn't use the word. My claim was this: before you can have fans on forums, you must first have fans.
    No. You said:
    Iff WP7 currently had the kind of fans that would do such things it would not be struggling to grow its platform.
    where "do such things" refers to trolling. WP Central has 55,133 members. iMore has 109,479. Android Central has 758,347. Relative to Crackberry's 3,273,152 members, your point makes no sense.
    04-18-12 08:03 PM
    WP Central has 55,133 members. iMore has 109,479. Android Central has 758,347. Relative to Crackberry's 3,273,152 members, your point makes no sense.
    Ergo (and not to say you don't get it, just using the quote to make a point), we must be doing something right.

Will CrackBerry ever be moderated perfectly for everyone's taste? Of course not. We are all human, make judgment calls, and try our best to allow open discussion, so long as it stays within the constraints of the topic. We also cannot read every post on every thread.

To the OP:
    You stated what is clearly your opinion. I agree with most of what was said, and said well. Others unfortunately take opinion as fact, and feel the need to interject and express their own opinion, regardless of the relevance.

There's a fine line often walked, and screaming troll or firing all torpedo tubes in response never helps the situation.
    04-18-12 08:57 PM
    No. You said:

where "do such things" refers to trolling. WP Central has 55,133 members. iMore has 109,479. Android Central has 758,347. Relative to Crackberry's 3,273,152 members, your point makes no sense.
    Yup. ............
    04-18-12 08:58 PM
    Ergo (and not to say you don't get it, just using the quote to make a point), we must be doing something right.

Will CrackBerry ever be moderated perfectly for everyone's taste? Of course not. We are all human, make judgment calls, and try our best to allow open discussion, so long as it stays within the constraints of the topic. We also cannot read every post on every thread.

To the OP:
    You stated what is clearly your opinion. I agree with most of what was said, and said well. Others unfortunately take opinion as fact, and feel the need to interject and express their own opinion, regardless of the relevance.

There's a fine line often walked, and screaming troll or firing all torpedo tubes in response never helps the situation.
    Thanks. And as an aside, I don't know if you've changed your signature or I just never noticed before, but wwkd has me rofl!
    04-18-12 09:12 PM
    No. You said:

If those numbers mattered, device sales would look a lot different. But they don't, and what I said has nothing to do with the number of "members", on CrackBerry, WP Central or otherwise. Now, if you're claiming what I said isn't served by the numbers you quoted, that would be true. But number of forum members has nothing to do with a platform's success, a fact the numbers you quoted only reinforce. My point was that WP7, regardless of your opinion, isn't a success right now, and until it is, there won't be rabid WP7 defenders.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-18-12 09:13 PM
    If those numbers mattered, device sales would look a lot different. But they don't, and what I said has nothing to do with the number of "members", on CrackBerry, WP Central or otherwise. Now, if you're claiming what I said isn't served by the numbers you quoted, that would be true. But number of forum members has nothing to do with a platform's success, a fact the numbers you quoted only reinforce. My point was that WP7, regardless of your opinion, isn't a success right now, and until it is, there won't be rabid WP7 defenders.
    This debate ends now. There will be no "How many members does it take to make a fanboi" arguements here.
    04-18-12 09:21 PM
    Great post louzer, no offense to either side of the fence. Nothing is more powerful than an honest opinion based on personal experience. Much of the negative trolling I see is done from a perspective coming from little or no personal experience whatsoever. It is done in the hopes of raining on anyones party. The last troll that comes to mind was a post from a proud owner of a brand new 9900. There were many who congradulated them and of course one reply that just stated "enjoy it before RIM dies" or something of that lame nature. How pitiful for someone to be so jealous (my belief) that they would attempt to derail another persons joy. I truly feel sorry for anyone who has to cause pain to feel better about themselves, or in our case their imaginary smartphone (probably holding a Tracfone) while at the library using a public computer! Anyway my favorite platform is and always will be Blackberry, and much of it I owe to Crackberry . I just saw it fitting to let you know I appreciated your honesty. Keep reading, learning and sharing. Enjoy being a part of this huge collective mind we all know as CRACKBERRY! Haha! See you in the forums.
    04-18-12 09:52 PM
    Great post louzer, no offense to either side of the fence. Nothing is more powerful than an honest opinion based on personal experience. Much of the negative trolling I see is done from a perspective coming from little or no personal experience whatsoever. It is done in the hopes of raining on anyones party. The last troll that comes to mind was a post from a proud owner of a brand new 9900. There were many who congradulated them and of course one reply that just stated "enjoy it before RIM dies" or something of that lame nature. How pitiful for someone to be so jealous (my belief) that they would attempt to derail another persons joy. I truly feel sorry for anyone who has to cause pain to feel better about themselves, or in our case their imaginary smartphone (probably holding a Tracfone) while at the library using a public computer! Anyway my favorite platform is and always will be Blackberry, and much of it I owe to Crackberry . I just saw it fitting to let you know I appreciated your honesty. Keep reading, learning and sharing. Enjoy being a part of this huge collective mind we all know as CRACKBERRY! Haha! See you in the forums.
    I agree, 100%! Why rain on someone's parade? If the person does not like the other's newly-purchased phone, they can just say nothing about it and skip to another thread or forum more to their liking. Sometimes, I think we've all reverted back to the playground mode of socializing and communicating with one another...
    04-18-12 10:16 PM
    CrackBerry is still good. Just have to do a lot of igoring nowadays!

Go BlackBerry and CrackBerry.

In my business management class I did my project on RIM. I think I got some fellow student excited about BlackBerry again!
    Morty2264 and CDM76 like this.
    04-18-12 10:29 PM
    oh that was a Bold move
    I like the new Avatar
    04-18-12 10:51 PM
    #BeBold with me Change yours. Colors optional.
    04-18-12 10:54 PM
    lol ok I need a blue one
    04-18-12 10:58 PM
    lol ok I need a blue one
    Here they are!

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ml#post7324899
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    04-18-12 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-18-12 11:09 PM
    Thanks
    Represent! Represent!
    04-18-12 11:36 PM
    yogii757
    Good job on those avatars! Love the purple!
    04-18-12 11:43 PM
    yogii757
    Good job on those avatars! Love the purple!
    Actually the credit goes to Superfly_FR , he just posted them in my thread haha :P
    They do look great though! Must have avatar for the RIM/BB supporters!
    04-18-12 11:49 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD