On my old dumbphone, I could have up to 99 contacts for my speed dial. Unfortunately, I do not see away to add more, nor can I move voice mail from speed dial 1. Does a way or an app exist?

Also, is there a way to send SMS using a speed dial contact. I know if I were to hit 3 then the BB button, it says I can "SMS Text 3" Is there a way to have it recognize that I really want to send the contact in speed dial 3 a SMS?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Riders On The Storm; 07-20-09 at 02:19 PM.
    07-20-09 02:03 PM
    Well, first of all, you can have 26 Speed Dials (A-Z) not 8.

You can program your voice mail to whatever speed dial you want. Then just reprogram the "W" speed dial to whatever else you want.

I don't think that you can program speed dials for SMS.
    07-20-09 05:11 PM
    I have a BB Storm 9530 and there is only 8 speed dial positions on it as well. I have heard that you can do a-z but cannot seem to find out how. Does anyone know how or if I can getr more than 8 speed dials for my BBS?
    07-21-09 09:58 PM
    On my Curve all I do is hold any key down from the home screen for about 2 seconds, and it will ask me if I want to assign a speed dial to that key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 10:06 PM
    A few weeks ago Motorcycle Mama stated here that an *alphabetical* listing for speed-dial is possible.

Does anyone know if this is this true for all BB's? It does not seem so on the 9530 Storm which I just got.

I spoke with a tech support rep at my service provider who says that 9 is all there is, but that other and older BB's had "hundreds".

Comment?
    08-08-09 01:25 PM
    I don't have a Storm, but on the Curve, the Speed Dial list is accessed by going to Phone (the green button), press Menu (the one with the 7 dots), and select "View Speed Dial List".

A - Z is listed.
    08-08-09 01:53 PM
    Aha!
    Look here:
    blackberrynews.com/2009/01/22/quicktext-app-updated-adds-extra-speed-dials-to-storm/

BTW; IMPORTANT for all us noobs (took me a few aggravated hours to figure all this out, even tho it ain't much):
    ACTIVATE the QuickText application with the code they email or text with the order/payment confirmation (not sure if this is critical, but it can't hurt).
    THEN check your "Downloads" folder on the blackberry for the app and do the install. (Optionally move the green QT icon to a preferred location after installing.)
    NEXT start QT and (pay attention now) PRESS ANY KEYBOARD LETTER OR CHARACTER. QT will then give you a list of options from your phonebook/contact list. Click on a preferred entry OR click the "escape
    key once to open your full contact list and choose one there. If you change your mind or find no entry you want to match with the chosen keyboard character, simply press the escape key again. This will take you back to the view with the keyboard and you can choose another key.

Easy when one knows how. WHY MobiHand makes no effort to inform of these scant details I have no idea.
    08-08-09 10:30 PM
    Nice find. That just sucks it's going to cost me $7.50 for this app to have a dumbphone feature that should be native to smartphones.
    08-10-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD