Hello,
    I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 Hybrid OS and I was just wondering, would there be any speed decrease if I had less memory. I had 24 MB Free but I installed a few programs and now have 15 after boot. Would there be any speed decrease?
    03-07-10 02:33 AM
    03-07-10 02:38 AM
    I doubt there would be any difference between 24mb and 15mb. I don't think speed is linear with memory; rather, there's a threshold at which free memory starts to significantly affect speed, and further loss of memory causes rapid deterioriation.
    Some apps like AppWorld, Facebook, and others are notorious for memory leaks that can rapidly bring your free memory to that threshold and lower.
    Excluding consideration for that threshold, speed can be drastically affected by push apps like Facebook, Viigo, Twitter, and others because they compete for available bandwidth to make their updates while active.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 08:57 AM
    I am not sure why you have chosen that thread, it is not even close to a discussion of the OP's issue.

Just App World from Blackberry. It takes forever to just download and then once it does, my phone even scrolls through my home screen extremely slow and takes about 2 minutes to even load anything. I deleted it from "service book" under "advanced options" and also when I connect it to the Desktop Manager. Not sure why it happens?
    @OP. Your 8330 with 96 Mb of memory is at the lower limit that OS v5xx can be installed on.

More memory would not speed it up, but running out of memory will certainly slow it down. A long as your file free memory is greater then Media / Options / Device reserved memory (5 Mb), your good.
    03-07-10 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD