This time from Gawker site under Things that are currently hip
    Things That Are Currently Hip
    click on blackberries, it will take you to another tech site talking about Passport.
    Nothing meat and potatoes about the article. But it's a rare find outside of BlackBerry fans world that someone else is talking about BlackBerry......it's the sound byte that BlackBerry need to get the attention and exposure.
    07-11-14 02:47 PM
    nice find lol!
    brosee and bambinoitaliano like this.
    07-11-14 02:53 PM
    It's hip to be square. Cute. Good writeup.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-11-14 03:35 PM
    It's interesting to see that all of these reviews look at the Passport as a large square display with a keyboard.... they fail to realize that an important feature about this phone IS the keyboard....no mention whatsoever about its revolutionary features...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 04:02 PM
    It's interesting to see that all of these reviews look at the Passport as a large square display with a keyboard.... they fail to realize that an important feature about this phone IS the keyboard....no mention whatsoever about its revolutionary features...

Posted via CB10
    It's alright. Let those into trend pick them up first. They will learn later.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 05:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Once it hits the streets and people get to play with it,I believe this will be one of BB biggest phones to date.
    07-11-14 06:02 PM
    It's alright. Let those into trend pick them up first. They will learn later.

Posted via CB10
    That's how things start, is it not?
    Just like Apple, they will learn later.

Posted via my Vic20
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-11-14 06:14 PM
    That's how things start, is it not?
    Just like Apple, they will learn later.

Posted via my Vic20
    Yup. Some products caught the eye of trend setters and make it into fashion house, magazines shoot, video shoots and perhaps movies. It's not necessary a standard definition of beauty rather the odd looking items. Eventually it trickle down to the mass market.
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-11-14 06:23 PM
    Yup. Some products caught the eye of trend setters and make it into fashion house, magazines shoot, video shoots and perhaps movies. It's not necessary a standard definition of beauty rather the odd looking items. Eventually it trickle down to the mass market.
    I've heard that you are a trend setter, do you think you will be able to as good with it as you have with sheep.

Posted on CB10
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-11-14 08:52 PM
    The passport looks to be a great device and will be revolutionary in the typing world for sure.

However, the problem that I see is that the consumer won't bite, but obviously I hope that won't be the case.

I am saying this because the consumer market is so driven on what is popular. For example, the design is so out there. And as the article states it most likely breaks the design code. Because of this and because of our rectangular years, the passport will be for people with individualism seeking to be different than the average Joe. Therefore the average consumer ( that knows nothing about the phone) will probably not switch to a passport due to the fact that it's too 'different.' we as blackberry users are already showing individualism separating us from the sheep. Call us black sheep if you will.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-11-14 09:10 PM
    I've heard that you are a trend setter, do you think you will be able to as good with it as you have with sheep.

Posted on CB10
    i tend to attracted to weird and unconventional things. I would say Passport is one of those item. Either you love it or hate it. It depends on how it's presented in the internet world. Certainly has a good chance of getting notice.
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-11-14 09:22 PM
    The passport looks to be a great device and will be revolutionary in the typing world for sure.

However, the problem that I see is that the consumer won't bite, but obviously I hope that won't be the case.

I am saying this because the consumer market is so driven on what is popular. For example, the design is so out there. And as the article states it most likely breaks the design code. Because of this and because of our rectangular years, the passport will be for people with individualism seeking to be different than the average Joe. Therefore the average consumer ( that knows nothing about the phone) will probably not switch to a passport due to the fact that it's too 'different.' we as blackberry users are already showing individualism separating us from the sheep. Call us black sheep if you will.

Posted via CB10
    Here lies the trick, It's always a few people that started the trend and it gets pick up by the rest. The term Isheep apply to general attitude of consumers interest. If it's hot , they want it. This happens every Christmas with kids toys. Remember those ugly crocs sandals a few years back. Tie dye shirts and so on. Thousands of websites and media trying to be edgy or the first to discover the next best thing. Celebrities want to be the first to use or wear certain items. I believe Passport form alone is enough to get the first attention.
    07-11-14 09:30 PM
    Very interesting find. Thanks for sharing.
    Passport will surprise all.
    07-11-14 09:40 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The passport will be a huge hit with the professional.... unique and distinctive....

Everything about it is futuristic!!!

Can't wait to get it!! Lol

From my Z30

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 09:42 PM
    I was just reading about the LG G3 after all the impressive specs and the great writeup something kind of dawned on me this is a great phone that's going nowhere. It does nothing that other phones don't do and it basically offers lots of improvements but nothing innovative. I can see it being the flavor of the day for android for about 3 weeks until the next super android getscreleased. The problem with all these phones is they offer nothing unique even the styling is the same on. Most of them. Blackberry on the other hand is different its unique,weird ,crazy odd and some even say fugly but at least its not cookie cutter android. I think that gives it a better chance to succeed or they can go to cookie cutter android styling and be the flavor of the week my guess is they stay unique that might lose them some customers but it also gives them a chance to hit a home run. Something that really would change their fortunes.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Chelmsford and leejayh like this.
    07-11-14 10:24 PM
    I think the keyboard is going to market itself. Once the PP is introduced almost all tech sites and magazines are going to talk about the keyboard.

BBQ10
    07-11-14 10:55 PM
    I don't know how I feel about this. I actually like not being "hip" because when I think of what is "hip" I think of these gimmicky stupid thing those trying-too-hard idiots called hipsters are all into...
    07-12-14 01:50 AM
    The fact that it's getting buzz and momentum is another indicator that the masses have moved on from ignorant bashing. Perhaps this device will be praised even.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 02:02 AM
    I don't know how I feel about this. I actually like not being "hip" because when I think of what is "hip" I think of these gimmicky stupid thing those trying-too-hard idiots called hipsters are all into...
    I'm looking from the perspective of BlackBerry as a company. The marketing of their BB10 platform is paltry. After two years, there's are still so many who are not aware of it's existence. I also understand that the company is in no position to market like it's Samsung and Apple counterparts. At this point of the game, it's no longer about what new phone BlackBerry has to offer rather the instant eye catching meme of the day. Certainly this kind of publicity will fade quickly. But it's the cheapest and affordable marketing that BlackBerry needs. It will need to follow up with that kind of publicity. Such as including Passport as part of the gift bags on events like Oscar and Grammy( Yes, celebrities are woo by this nice gift bags to attend the events) It would be nice if Oprah show still exist with Oprah favorite things. On a personal level, I don't care if hipsters or irrelevant popstars or some has been reality contestants fall in love with the Passport. If I personally like the Passport, I'll get it.
    07-12-14 05:43 AM
    What you're describing is hipster wannabes, not true trendsetters. I think the truly hip will embrace the Passport because it bucks the iTrend. Of course, if it ever becomes too popular, they'll dump it for the next unusual device.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 likes this.
    07-12-14 07:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm assuming Chen is taking this into account and will only produce as much as necessary. I've heard rumors that this device is in partnership so maybe it will immediately be picked up by a company and then whatever is sold in the consumer market is bonus. Hopefully anyways.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 07:53 AM
    Base on the dismal sales of the other BB10 devices in the consumer market. I doubt it will be produce in mass quantity. I have a feeling it's going to be quite difficult to get at launch. How fast can they manufacture the second or third batch depending on the demand after the first launch. Consumers have short term memory. Outside of the die hard fans. The timing of repeat production is crucial. Of course we have yet to know the pricing of Passport which is a major factor for any sales.
    07-12-14 09:07 AM
    What you're describing is hipster wannabes, not true trendsetters. I think the truly hip will embrace the Passport because it bucks the iTrend. Of course, if it ever becomes too popular, they'll dump it for the next unusual device.

Posted via CB10
    LOL, probably true. I really don't understand the whole mentality of caring about what other people think before making a buying decision. If I like something, or it has features that help me be productive, I'll buy it. Whether it's the most popular device or the least popular device, I honestly couldn't care any less... But yes, most people out there actually care about these things. Kind of funny, kind of sad...
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-12-14 11:55 AM
    Oh oh who would have thought such an article would have come from BGR?
    BlackBerry: Passport keyboard features are “revolutionary” | BGR
    BlackBerry has been proudly showing off its new Passport handset all week and now it’s posted a new blog that highlights something every BlackBerry fan will love: The Passport’s physical keyboard. This isn’t just any BlackBerry keyboard, however — BlackBerry is calling it a “revolutionary” design the likes of which we have never seen before.

What makes this new keyboard so special? For starters, BlackBerry says it rebelliously decided to “break some cherished rules in order to set a new bar for real productivity.” This willingness to get dangerous in search of a better keyboard led BlackBerry to make physical keys that are “responsive to touch, so you have more ways to control your smartphone without having to use the touchscreen.”

And what, exactly, does it mean to have a touch-responsive keyboard? It’s just what it sounds like: It will let you “navigate web pages, apps and e-mails by lightly brushing your fingers over the keys, which helps with things like scrolling and cursor placement,” BlackBerry writes.

For most smartphone users, the promise of controlling a smartphone without having to use the touchscreen sounds a bit like being sold a knife whose chief feature is that it will let us chop food without using the blade. However, the BlackBerry Passport wasn’t designed for iSheep and Fandroids who want to play Candy Crush all day — it’s for people who want to do real work, and that means having a physical keyboard that can fire off emails like no other phone.

The touch responsiveness isn’t the only feature of the new keyboard and we encourage interested users to head on over to BlackBerry’s website to get the full scoop on why the Passport’s keyboard is unlike anything else in the world."

Still a tad reluctant to see only the positive things coming from Blackberry but it's not the usual bashing and that's a good sign.
    07-12-14 06:49 PM
    While I agree with the uniqueness of the device I don't think it is really THAT futuristic and leading edge.

That being said, I have changed my initial thoughts. I think the passport is beautifully fugly enough for me to want it now. It is really weird AND productive and I like that .

I can't wait for my friends and associates to tell me how ugly it is and then secretly be envious.

Saving up my daily coffee money into the passport piggy bank.

I just really hope there are no keyboard issues and the new voice assistant rocks!

From my z30
    07-12-14 06:56 PM
34 12