I stopped by my local Sprint corporate store today to try the store's Q10 model. <<edited by moderator>>. Well, I shouldn't say "working," as they were just sitting around blabbing. Anyway, one saw me putting my Bold into its holster as I made my way toward the display phones. I said, "I'm just here to try the Q10." It rolled its eyes, made a cringing motion, and replied, "You have a BlackBerry now?" I stressed, "I hate all the others." It mumbled something about how I'm a better man than it is. I asked it if this is a working Q10 or one of the non-working demo models and was told it was "100% functional."

I started to test the OS. Swipe to Hub, peek, phone, swipe up to Active frames -- it was remarkably fluid. Then I tried the Browser and guess what? It didn't work! So I guess this wasn't a "100% functional" unit after all; I'll bet the spydroids and itoys had working connections. Anyway, I wasn't sure where to look for manage connections, and I didn't want to ask these birds for anything. After all they probably know less than I do about any BlackBerry in general, so I just messed around some more with the BB10 and left.

My message to BlackBerry enthusiasts on this forum (not to the haters and paid posters who will inevitably pile on now with drivel about about how carriers aren't anti-BlackBerry and are only pushing "what sells") is that it's probably better for BlackBerry that corporate stores are trending away from having BlackBerry models available for sale in their stores. Why would BlackBerry want carrier store reps even near active and potential BlackBerry users? I know I wouldn't. These clerks are vile specimens not far removed from the type that works at a state motor vehicle department. Intelligent consumers will go to the store to test BB10, avoid the "help" at all cost, and order online from the convenience of their homes. When I finally make the move to get the Q10, I'll order it and have nothing to do with the corporate store. Furthermore, next time I talk with someone at Sprint who is likely to have a brain (retentions), I'll mention that as a Sprint customer I find the corporate stores distasteful because of this experience, and that this is not in itself a unique account. I'm out of contract. I'll make it clear that I have no problem buying a T-Moblie Q10 outright, putting it to work on Simple Mobile, and dropping Sprint like a used rubber.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09-30-13 at 12:53 PM. Reason: language
    09-30-13 12:33 PM
    talk about extremist...
    Coachbulldog and Berry_Pink like this.
    09-30-13 12:45 PM
    My son and I recently went to a Best Buy store (Hbg, Pa) to look at the Q10 and much to our surprise, there were no Blackberry models on display. Feeling a bit frustrated, we went down the street our local Verizon store and there were no Q10's in sight...only the Z10. Needless to say, it was a disappointing experience. I do have some good news though, my letter carrier will be dropping off a Q10 device that I won from EBay...it should be waiting for me when I get home..can't wait!!
    09-30-13 12:51 PM
    Thanks PK!!!!
    09-30-13 12:53 PM
    In 3-2-1....

Sent from, My Motorola side view pager. 4-5683-8
    0.9, 0.8, 0.7, .......

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:53 PM
    OP - Regardless whether or not your post above is considered offensive or not, there's little doubt in my mind that having a superior attitude when asking for carrier store staff to help will make it less likely they will help you.
    Bsbudd and Berry_Pink like this.
    09-30-13 12:54 PM
    Yes the story is true ,carriers don't anymore support BB in a big way,but here lies the story of bb not taking the initiative to shake things around,they are killing their own brand by not doing anything at all.
    09-30-13 12:58 PM
    09-30-13 12:58 PM
    My son and I recently went to a Best Buy store (Hbg, Pa) to look at the Q10 and much to our surprise, there were no Blackberry models on display. Feeling a bit frustrated, we went down the street our local Verizon store and there were no Q10's in sight...only the Z10. Needless to say, it was a disappointing experience. I do have some good news though, my letter carrier will be dropping off a Q10 device that I won from EBay...it should be waiting for me when I get home..can't wait!!
    HA! I used to live in the Harrisburg area. I bet I know which Best Buy and VZW store you went to (both are on US 22).
    09-30-13 12:59 PM
    I stopped by my local Sprint corporate store today to try the store's Q10 model. <<edited by moderator>>. Well, I shouldn't say "working," as they were just sitting around blabbing. Anyway, one saw me putting my Bold into its holster as I made my way toward the display phones. I said, "I'm just here to try the Q10." It rolled its eyes, made a cringing motion, and replied, "You have a BlackBerry now?" I stressed, "I hate all the others." It mumbled something about how I'm a better man than it is. I asked it if this is a working Q10 or one of the non-working demo models and was told it was "100% functional."

I started to test the OS. Swipe to Hub, peek, phone, swipe up to Active frames -- it was remarkably fluid. Then I tried the Browser and guess what? It didn't work! So I guess this wasn't a "100% functional" unit after all; I'll bet the spydroids and itoys had working connections. Anyway, I wasn't sure where to look for manage connections, and I didn't want to ask these birds for anything. After all they probably know less than I do about any BlackBerry in general, so I just messed around some more with the BB10 and left.
    The problem here is that nothing in this post draws a direct line between Sprint being "anti-BlackBerry" and this set of allegedly misbehaving employees. At best you've established that those employees (or maybe just the employee you contacted) is "anti-BlackBerry," but you haven't offered any evidence that their behavior has anything to do with the carrier's attitude.
    09-30-13 01:05 PM
    The problem here is that nothing in this post draws a direct line between Sprint being "anti-BlackBerry" and this set of allegedly misbehaving employees. At best you've established that those employees (or maybe just the employee you contacted) is "anti-BlackBerry," but you haven't offered any evidence that their behavior has anything to do with the carrier's attitude.
    As I said, this isn't some unique, isolated incident. I'm not the only one with a report like this on crack berry. There's tons of this going on. And that's why I said "carriers" in the title.
    09-30-13 01:09 PM
    I'm sure Sprint won't have a problem with you leaving...
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    09-30-13 01:12 PM
    I'm sure Sprint won't have a problem with you leaving...
    Oh, I read here last year that Sprint was going out of business. Were you one of those resident experts offering that opinion as fact?
    09-30-13 01:16 PM
    I went to T-Mo to look at the Q10 a week or two after it launched. I was still enjoying my Z10 at the time. As I was looking at the Q10 the rep said that he really liked his, as he pulled it out of his pocket. I showed him my Z10. He said that he expected the Q10 to do quite well and he got one of his own not only because he wanted to try it, but because he also wanted to be able to answer questions from potential buyers. So yeah, there's that.
    09-30-13 01:22 PM
    Carriers aren't going to start supporting BlackBerry until BlackBerry starts supporting themselves. Years ago their name alone sold phones to certain people that wanted a superior business type smartphone. If you were in charge of marketing of US carriers how much money would you spend on BlackBerry, considering BlackBerry themselves spend crap. Most of us wouldn't know about most of the apps or devices "Coming Soon " if it wasn't for sites like CB. Yeah we all know BlackBerry marketing sucks, but you really can't blame the carriers, they have iphones, Samsungs, and other selling brands to sell without much advertising money and training some staff on BlackBerry phones. The BlackBerry commercials you do see aren't going to appeal to the average user. BlackBerry never advertised the PlayBook, which I still use everyday and think could have been a widely used device, if BlackBerry didn't totally screwed it up. They just put it out for sale and that's it.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-30-13 01:40 PM
    I was not, however I'm confident in my current assertion regarding sprint.

Oh, I read here last year that Sprint was going out of business. Were you one of those resident experts offering that opinion as fact?
    09-30-13 01:41 PM
    I was not, however I'm confident in my current assertion regarding sprint.
    Well, if Sprint terminates me based upon what I say, I'll have no choice but to file a discrimination lawsuit against it.
    09-30-13 01:47 PM
    As I said, this isn't some unique, isolated incident. I'm not the only one with a report like this on crack berry. There's tons of this going on. And that's why I said "carriers" in the title.
    It doesn't matter, because there's still the problem of linking the employee's attittude to the corporation directly. If you wanted to say "BBRY is getting mistreated at carrier stores," that kind of claim would be supported by the many bits of anecdotal evidence. But that's a world away from "the actions of people at carrier stores prove [insert carrier name here] is anti-BBRY".
    09-30-13 01:48 PM
    I stopped by my local Sprint corporate store today to try the store's Q10..............................
    Without the attitude the world looks so much better. Try it you will be amazed!!
    09-30-13 01:53 PM
    It doesn't matter, because there's still the problem of linking the employee's attittude to the corporation directly. If you wanted to say "BBRY is getting mistreated at carrier stores," that kind of claim would be supported by the many bits of anecdotal evidence. But that's a world away from "the actions of people at carrier stores prove [insert carrier name here] is anti-BBRY".
    You were one of the first to imply that what I wrote was iron clad evidence that I'm against people of African descent. You had no evidence of that, only conclusions that you yourself drew. Why do you hold me to a higher standard of evidence when I write about anti BlackBerry carriers than you hold yourself when alleging racism? The store clerks are representatives of the carrier. I mean they get paid for this. Professionals, right?
    09-30-13 01:53 PM
    I have been in several stores in London UK and the split here is mainly android, IPhone and the rest. Wp8 and BlackBerry are often close to each other and none of the reps care what phone you choose. The wp and BlackBerry phones get the same honest response and it is up to the buyer to decide. Android and iPhone are getting more referrals because of their market share and it up to the marketing / word of mouth to drive interest.

When I pretend to be an average Joe with no Idea what phone to get,I wouldn't get offered a BlackBerry or Windows phone. Why should I? They are there to make an easy sale and want you to leave and preferably never come back with issues or problems. When you know that your customers circle of friends uses the same phone, you are sure the most of the issues will be resolved by them instead of you.

Carriers just offer you the choice and that's it. You need to educate yourself first. Just like in PC sales....

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 01:54 PM
    Also you have to take into account BBRY only has a less than 2 percent share of sales in the US. That means it's probably a very infrequent thing for someone to come in to a carrier store and actually ask for a BB.
    09-30-13 01:55 PM
    Guys -

Enough with the racial crap. This thread has been cleansed 4 times - no more. Please stay on-topic, off racial comments, or move on to another thread.

Thank you
    pkcable likes this.
    09-30-13 01:57 PM
    You were one of the first to imply that what I wrote was iron clad evidence that I'm against people of African descent. You had no evidence of that, only conclusions that you yourself drew. Why do you hold me to a higher standard of evidence when I write about anti BlackBerry carriers than you hold yourself when alleging racism? The store clerks are representatives of the carrier. I mean they get paid for this. Professionals, right?
    I notice you didn't rebut my point at all, and instead are trying to discuss something else.

As for what I posted in the thread before the edit, it was simply this:

"When your comment is deleted for racially offensive language, please don't blame it on an anti-BBRY conspiracy."

That is what I wrote. If you took that as me implying something beyond the comment being racially insensitive, that's a you problem.
    09-30-13 01:58 PM
    Since you have asked what was "offensive" about your original post, I bolded and underlined, the offensive part. As someone who has worked in customer service for over 20 years, in various capacities. you are exactly the type of customer we do not want to help. you walked in and immediately wanted the CSR's to wait on you hand and foot.
    You're too funny, lol. There were three of them there and no other customers.
    09-30-13 02:00 PM
31 12