A sincere thanks for changing the "brutal" title by the OP.

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    07-05-13 02:34 PM
    I've notice this OP being posted new threads as well, but I wouldn't say all were negative. Anyway, the Q5 is way overpriced for its mid level device. It's nearly the same price as the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Down here they're at $400 and $700. Not nearly the same.

Although the Q5 is slightly dearer than the Galaxy Duos which is like omg 2 phones for the price of one.
    07-05-13 02:42 PM
    Is somebody holding a gun to your head, making you read his threads? As long as he's posting within forum guidelines, he has every right to express his opinion. If you don't agree, you don't have to read.
    The trouble is you only realize it's negative preaching from a non BlackBerry fan after you read it.

Would be nice if mods tagged the thread as negative garbage on a BlackBerry fan forum. I'd filter those out for sure!

Posted via CB10
    yelmonster likes this.
    07-05-13 03:03 PM
    I don't believe Apple will dilute its brand by issuing a cheaper iPhone. They thrive on the idea that their products are like a status symbol, so (in my opinion, at least) they would lose if will try to cater for the lower segments of the market.

------------------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    07-05-13 03:28 PM
    There is already alot of competition in the lower end by Windows Phone and Android running phones. The iPhone is but one of the competitors in a very big market.

Reading these posts, one would think it is all down to iOS vs BBOS. BB is not the biggest threat to Apple right now. And BB shouldn�t worry too much about them either, as they are in another league. Their biggest problem is actually Windows Phone in my opinion, who just went up to 3rd place.

IMHO at least.
    bp3dots likes this.
    07-05-13 03:41 PM
    I think a lot of people misinterpreted what the Q5 is supposed to be. I don't think it was intended to be a cheap or economy phone. I believe it to be a BB10 device made for people who want the new OS or a new BlackBerry and don't want to put a serious dent in their wallet or have to get a long contract to afford it. In many countries, subsidized price for contract phones doesn't exist. Not everyone can afford $700 USD for a Q10. Specifications wise, the Q5 is not that much of a downgrade from the Q10. At $400 USD, people from non-contract places will more likely consider it over the Q10. Mind you making the Q5 with cheaper specs will just hurt the image of BlackBerry.

BlackBerry doesn't need anymore devices that can't handle the multitasking expectations everyone has (e.g., running multiple social media apps and messenger systems at the same time). I've known people that says BlackBerry sucks because they were using refurbished Curves and trying to run 5-8 social media and messenger apps simultaneously. The Q5 has to be able to handle that, otherwise there is no point in releasing it, even if it is cheaper.

This "cheaper" iPhone will have to as well. But IMHO, I don't think Apple will come out with a cheaper iPhone. They would probably direct new buyers towards their older iPhones as solid alternatives. Apple is always about premium products, their customers believe it has premium products, and I believe that ideology is what got them where they are today.

In terms of Android, there will always be cheaper Androids since there are a lot of manufacturers out there. Many of which won't have to focus on the OS part of their products as much as Apple or BlackBerry. So that gives them a R&D savings in that regard.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    07-05-13 04:11 PM
31 12